Author Topic: CPCEC a new emulator from cngsoft  (Read 43553 times)

Offline cpcitor

• The user previously known as FindYWay
  • 464 Plus
  • My heart still runs on traditional CPC.
    • My code for the CPC.
    • Awards
Re: CPCEC a new emulator from cngsoft
« Reply #175 on: 10:11, 12 September 21 »
20210909 -- minor patch fixing bugs in the video render logic of ZXSEC, effectively ensuring that the multicolour effects seen in the tests ULA48, ULA128, FPGA48 and FPGA128 and the games made with the Nirvana engine ("Dreamwalker", "Multidude", "Stormfinch", "Sunbucket"...) show properly, and adding new audio extensions for CPCEC (Digiblaster audio) and ZXSEC (Covox $FB DAC) plus preliminary emulation of Pentagon 128 timings and (if the TRDOS.ROM file is available) the Beta128 disc drive and its TRD and SCL files.

Propagated to https://github.com/cpcitor/cpcec . Congrats again cngsoft for your work. ;-)
No reactions
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

Offline SkulleateR

• 464 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: 02:06, 13 September 21 »
Just compiled and tested on Raspberry Pi400 64Bit, no problems, keep up the good work  8)
No reactions

Offline MiguelSky

• 464 Plus
    • CPCGamesCD
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: 13:38, 13 September 21 »
Using 20210626. I try to keep it updated all time. As I said in my former message, form W10 with the option unticked any saving to disc are not done, but there is no error message from AMSDOS.

EDITO: Testing a bit more, in the conf file I see fdcw set to 2, both setting it to 1 or 0 now launch dis is write protected when trying to save, If I toggle the Strict write to disc option to off (I think it already was of before, it must have changed when editing cfg file), the behaviour is the same I described upper.
Ok, I found out what happens: I linked the .dsk files to CPCEC. If I open a dsk by double clicking on it, the dsk is opened and auto executed but it doesn't admit any changes to disk. This doent's occurs when I open a dsk within the emulator through menu, in this case it works fine.
No reactions

Offline cngsoft

• CPC6128
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: 14:15, 03 October 21 »
Another month, another update:

20210930 -- minor patch fixing several bugs in the Z80 (ZXSEC now passes new Spectrum tests such as 48KNEC, EIHALT, IRCONT, BBG48 and BBG128, thanks to Azesmbog, Dunny, Woody and ZJoyKiLer), a glitch in the CRTC (the HSYNC filter required by "Onescreen Colonies" and "Scroll Factory" was harming "Paradise Megademo part 2" and others) and another one in the AY chip ("Stormbringer" for CPC needs more leeway than "Terminus"), improving the autorun logic and tape speedup of both CPCEC and ZXSEC, and adding the 64-colour ULAplus extension for Spectrum, as well as the ability to read SP and SZX snapshots.

Btw, I also changed the behavior of the disc autorun so it uses the same default read/write mode as the disc insert. I'm not too fond of this behavior (what if one particular autorunnable disc writes on itself and we do NOT want it to happen?) but it's more intuitive than the original always-read-only disc autorun.
« Last Edit: 14:37, 03 October 21 by cngsoft »
No reactions
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

Offline cpcitor

• The user previously known as FindYWay
  • 464 Plus
  • My heart still runs on traditional CPC.
    • My code for the CPC.
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: 22:38, 03 October 21 »
Another month, another update:

... and another propagation to https://github.com/cpcitor/cpcec . Congrats again cngsoft for your work. ;-)
No reactions
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

Offline genesis8

• CPC6128
    • Genesis8 Amstrad Page
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: 23:28, 17 October 21 »
Is it possible to paste text inside CPCEC like with Winape ?
No reactions