General Category > Emulators

CPCemu 2.0 released

(1/20) > >>

Emu:
I'm proud to present CPCemu 2.0 having the following new features:
* Runs on MacOS, Android, Linux (x86_64 and ARM, in particular on Raspberry Pi), Windows and iOS (unfortunately not for the public).
* Graphics engine overhauled, introducing border, full overscan, dynamic horizontal synchronisation (not perfect yet), scan doubling and some optional CRT blurring
* Completely new CRTC emulation, quite accurate, and selectable between CRTC types 0, 1 and 2 (most demos work)
* Realistic timing of CPU instructions and interrupts
* Sound emulation significantly improved, now able to play digitized sounds (such as speech and special effects)
* Different accelerated modes of operation ("Turbo", with and without CRTC synchronisation)
* Debugger with optional CRTC single-stepping alongside the CPC screen, including crosshairs indicating the current electron beam position
* Graphical menu (in addition to function keys)
* Virtual on-screen joystick on Android and iOS
* Many small improvementsDownload it at https://cpc-emu.org/download.html!

Thanks to Marco Vieth for testing!

roudoudou:
the emulator is very fast, great job!

Gryzor:
Interface takes a bit to get used to, but everything seems to be ok :)

robcfg:
Hi @Emu , I cannot start it on MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina because a problem with dependency hidapi:

--- Quote ---CPCemuMacOS.app/Contents/MacOS/CPCemuMacOS
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/hidapi.framework/Versions/A/hidapi
  Referenced from: /Users/robcfg/Downloads/CPCemuMacOS.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
   /Users/robcfg/Downloads/CPCemuMacOS.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/hidapi.framework/Versions/A/hidapi: code signature in (/Users/robcfg/Downloads/CPCemuMacOS.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/hidapi.framework/Versions/A/hidapi) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs
--- End quote ---

Emu:
Ouch. Thank you, robcfg. I found the reason. I activated the "hardened runtime" and have not tested after that. It needs an exception for loading dependencies signed by someone else. I'm sorry.

Please download again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version