General Category > Emulators

CPCemu 2.3.3 released

<< < (2/17) > >>

GUNHED:
Thanks for the upgrade!

Two things...
- The M4 is 2.0.6, in real life it's already 2.0.7 (important update for some, also new hack menu)
- How can I install ROMs?

CPCBEGIN:
I try first the GNU/Linux version for x86-64 and I found a bug, the emulator stop working because $HOME/.CPCemu/cpcemu.cfg is a empty file (0 bytes).

I solved copying cpcemu0.cfg over  $HOME/.CPCemu/cpcemu.cfg and make a SDCARD directory where I unzipped CPCEmu.

About M4 emulation:

- If I type |NETSTAT show the info of the host and I can't access via web.

- I try to change directory with the command:
|DIR,"MYDIR" but sometimes show "Unknowing directory" or can't see files in the directory.

Emu:
Some answers:
* I wrote "complete", but that's not true. There is no web interface, because the host has direct access to all files anyway. The CPC uses the same IP address as the host, because an emulated WiFi network would be rather useless with only two participants (CPC and host).
* If desired, V2.0.7 of the M4 ROM can be copied into the ROM folder manually or by just calling |UPGRADE. The only downside I know is that it calls the SD card drive "A:", again. The letter "C" is my only modification to V2.0.6.
* ROMs can be installed with |ROMUP (apart from "mounting" them in cpcemu.cfg, of course). They are activated by |ROMUPD. Should this happen automatically at the next hard reset (F8)? I'm afraid I did not try this on my real M4 Board.
* I use (apparently redundant) read-only source directories (e. g. ROM and DISC) so that CPCemu can be installed at a central folder by an administrator where others only have read access (e. g. in Windows' "Programs (x86)" or in Mac's "Applications"). This way, every user can have his own configuration and files. Besides, this is mandatory for Android and iOS, even without an administrator.
* There is no separate M4 reset so far. Why would one be needed apart from F8?
* I really forgot the sound volume problem. And, I still don't understand where it comes from. I'm a bit afraid that an additional volume multiplication could further slow down the sound output on the Pi, for me it is already delayed by a few seconds.

Emu:
@CPCBEGIN : Is there any pattern for the situations where |DIR does not work? Does it help just to retry |DIR to make it work or does it reproducabily depend on the folder name (or a name in the full path)? Maybe something with wildcards? Have you tried if |CD works in cases where |DIR doesn't?

SkulleateR:

--- Quote ---I wrote "complete", but that's not true. There is no web interface, because the host has direct access to all files anyway. The CPC uses the same IP address as the host, because an emulated WiFi network would be rather useless with only two participants (CPC and host).
--- End quote ---

but it would make things SOOO much easier, handling roms would be nice AND we could establich a CPCEMU <> CPC Network[

--- Quote ---If desired, V2.0.7 of the M4 ROM can be copied into the ROM folder manually or by just calling |UPGRADE. The only downside I know is that it calls the SD card drive "A:", again. The letter "C" is my only modification to V2.0.6.
--- End quote ---

|UPGRADE isn't working (Download Error)

--- Quote ---ROMs can be installed with |ROMUP (apart from "mounting" them in cpcemu.cfg, of course). They are activated by |ROMUPD. Should this happen automatically at the next hard reset (F8)? I'm afraid I did not try this on my real M4 Board.
--- End quote ---

As I said above.... isn't working ... see this ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version