News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPCemu 2.5 released

Started by Emu, 18:06, 14 August 22

Previous topic - Next topic

SkulleateR

Quote from: t_j on 15:41, 26 August 22It seems to be working absolutely fine :) however my experience with that setup is limited to checking some BASIC commands and running few demos until now.
Hmmm, I can run almost every game and app with it on my Pi400 ?

Quote from: Emu on 17:35, 25 August 22Can you describe your issues? 

I made two screenshots, one in windowed mode, one fullscreen .... have a look ...

And after switching back from full to windows, I cannot access the menu at the top, because every mouse click will bring up the virtual keyboard, no matter where ..

Emu

Thank you for the screenshots. I made my keyboard the same size and position as in your examples and found, that indeed the main menu cannot be reached directly in this setting. However, it is possible to switch off the keyboard and click into the array where the keyboard had been before and the main menu will come up.

I have to think about a way to get to the main menu without switching off the keyboard. Perhaps the CMD key would be an idea (as in the mouse modes), but this would not be intuitive.

mv

Great job with a lot of new features!

I tried the Windows version and found that it keeps one of my CPU cores permanently busy. With 2.2 is was ok.

Any chance to fix this?

t_j

Hi,

QuoteHmmm, I can run almost every game and app with it on my Pi400 ?

For me it works with Raspberry Pi 4 8GB Ram, standard raspberry Pi OS. the Pi400 is actually same but with integrated keyboard so it should work.

However, I had some time so I played with the arm linux distribution and there seems to be some problem
When I try to select disk images - .dsk with the menu under F3 the distribution doesn't see any new .dsk files that I add to the disk folder.

So I am stuck with what is distributed with the release, probably I have to modify some configuration file or so, what's funny when I remove the dsk files distributed with the release they are still visible in the F3 menu even after removal.

I checked and under windows you can basically open any dsk file wherever it's located even outside dsk folder or the emu folder.

I am not sure if it's some inherent problem in the arm-linux release or it's because I am running it under RP4 what requires some specific configuration that I am not applying in some configuration file.

It's just observation, probably the windows release is the best tested one as it's used by most people and the project seems to be originated on DOS.

BR
T_J

cherkasy

Quote from: SkulleateR on 08:45, 19 August 22@Emu

Nope, same thing, the App just crashes (closes), I'm on an old Macbook Pro with Intel i5 and MacOS Catalina
It started up fine a few times at first. But then - same result - version 2.5 crashes. I have MacBook Pro i5 and Monterey 12.3.1

CraigsBar

This is the best current android cpc emulator. In that it works, does not crash and has good compatibility.

On my AYN Odin however the physical joystick is mapped to the left analog stick. Would it be possible to mat this to the D pad as well? Digital controlls make more sense on a cpc after all.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

tjohnson

Quote from: Emu on 12:32, 16 August 22@Gryzor : I suggest you try v2.5, because it is more usable on mobile devices. I increased the menu text size as far as I could, improved touch scrolling, and improved the on-screen keyboard so much that I think it is probably the best available on any emulator.

You will get used to the two-finger actions required to open the main menu and to switch the keyboard on and off.

For anybody who has not found out, yet: Moving and resizing the keyboard needs two fingers (in the yellow bars), as does changing its transparency (in the cyan bars).

Just trying this now, how do you hide the virtual keyboard?  I'm trying to watch batman forever on it and the keyboard is on the screen when I go portrait mode

CraigsBar

Quote from: tjohnson on 17:54, 25 March 23
Quote from: Emu on 12:32, 16 August 22@Gryzor : I suggest you try v2.5, because it is more usable on mobile devices. I increased the menu text size as far as I could, improved touch scrolling, and improved the on-screen keyboard so much that I think it is probably the best available on any emulator.

You will get used to the two-finger actions required to open the main menu and to switch the keyboard on and off.

For anybody who has not found out, yet: Moving and resizing the keyboard needs two fingers (in the yellow bars), as does changing its transparency (in the cyan bars).

Just trying this now, how do you hide the virtual keyboard?  I'm trying to watch batman forever on it and the keyboard is on the screen when I go portrait mode
2 finger tap in the middle of the screen, not on the keyboard or menu trigger at the top

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode