News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Joystick issue with Arnold emulator (Mac OS)

Started by lenerd04, 13:13, 27 December 16

Previous topic - Next topic

lenerd04

Hi all,

I recently installed the emulator Arnold v1.7.8 with Emulator Enhancer v2.4.0 on a Macbook Pro of late 2011 running on OS X 10.11.6. Everything works fairly well, except for the joystick. Mapping it worked fine but it seems like the emulator gets the signal only once (instead of a repeated signal) when the joystick is maintained in the same position, or the fire button is pressed continuously, which makes its use almost impossible.

Did anyone bump into the same kind of problem before? Is there another good emulator for Mac which I could test the joystick with? Note that I already tested it with the WinCPC emulator, it works properly there (I use the Retronic Design joystick-to-USB adapter).

Many thanks in advance for your feedback!

Lenerd

Shaun M. Neary

Ugh... Bannister's bastardised version of Arnold really left a lot to be desired, and it hasn't received an update in years.

@arnoldemu is working on a newer version, check this thread: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/emulators/arnold-wip/

It's far from stable as it's a work in progress, but then, arnold 1.78 is meant to be a finished release but it's riddled with bugs so take your pick. ;)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

the graveborn

@lenerd04 I'm aware that this conversation is almost two years old, but you may (or, more likely, may not ;)) be interested to know that approximately two months ago I released version 2.0 of my SDL2 joystick interrogator utility for Mac OS X; you state that your joystick functions correctly using a different emulator (and the name of that emulator implies using a different OS also..?), so my utility may be able to help you determine whether the problem lays with Arnold or with Mac OS X.
Current project: SDL2 joystick interrogator