News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
J

How to save a basic program made in WinApe 18 into a cdt or wav file

Started by jomicamp, 10:50, 20 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

jomicamp

I hd a CPC 464 back in the 80s and it has been 30 years without putting a finger on it. Lately I downloaded the WinApe emulator. I have made a small program in basic using WinApe 18. Now i purchased another real CPC 464 machine and I will like to continue the programming in it. The inmediate way to do it, I thought, it will be to save the program in a wav file and play in the real machine with an MP3 player-cassette adapter. But the thing is that I am not able to made a good wav recording in the emulator. Sometimes an error appears... other nothing is contained in the wav

Can you help me to accomplish??

Thanks in advance

AMSDOS

Quote from: jomicamp on 10:50, 20 September 15
I hd a CPC 464 back in the 80s and it has been 30 years without putting a finger on it. Lately I downloaded the WinApe emulator. I have made a small program in basic using WinApe 18. Now i purchased another real CPC 464 machine and I will like to continue the programming in it. The inmediate way to do it, I thought, it will be to save the program in a wav file and play in the real machine with an MP3 player-cassette adapter. But the thing is that I am not able to made a good wav recording in the emulator. Sometimes an error appears... other nothing is contained in the wav

Can you help me to accomplish??

Thanks in advance

AFAIK Winape doesn't support the saving of Tapes, even though Tape Control shows a Record Button. I've used Winape to save a BASIC program to DSK image & use Edit Disk, extract that BASIC file and use a Command Line Program 2CDT to successfully produce a CDT file which can be loaded back through Winape.

Another possibility if you don't like Command-line programs is to download CPC BASIC 3 - that can compile a BASIC program (into Binary) to produce a CDT file, though the package comes with CPCE which lets you save CSW file as easy as Saving a file to Tape. That CSW can then be converted into WAV with Tape2WAV (Direct Download) from World of Spectrum, which also supports CDTs along with some other formats.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

EgoTrip

Quote from: AMSDOS on 12:23, 24 September 15

AFAIK Winape doesn't support the saving of Tapes, even though Tape Control shows a Record Button. I've used Winape to save a BASIC program to DSK image & use Edit Disk, extract that BASIC file and use a Command Line Program 2CDT to successfully produce a CDT file which can be loaded back through Winape.

Another possibility if you don't like Command-line programs is to download CPC BASIC 3 - that can compile a BASIC program (into Binary) to produce a CDT file, though the package comes with CPCE which lets you save CSW file as easy as Saving a file to Tape. That CSW can then be converted into WAV with Tape2WAV (Direct Download) from World of Spectrum, which also supports CDTs along with some other formats.

WinAPE does indeed allow saving to tapes. It saves them as .wav. Simply open the tape controls, eject whatever tape was in there, press RECORD then the SAVE dialogue box will open. Navigate to your desired location, type in a file name then press SAVE. Then in WinAPE type |TAPE (or |TAPE.OUT if you are going to save lots of stuff from disc to tape, makes it easier), then SAVE in the usual manner. It will record on the wav file you saved. But before you can use it you must EJECT it from the tape control after you are done saving your stuff.

EgoTrip

Quote from: jomicamp on 10:50, 20 September 15other nothing is contained in the wav

This happens if you try to open it while it's still open in WinAPE. Eject the tape and it'll be fine.

VincentGR

Quote from: EgoTrip on 13:41, 24 September 15
This happens if you try to open it while it's still open in WinAPE. Eject the tape and it'll be fine.

This is true, ape can save.
The eject button does not work for me, I have to quit the emulator or the wav will be corrupted.
Another issue is that sometimes I convert some disks to tapes on ape and the real thing with discology but never succed the opposite  ;D

AMSDOS

Ok, so I'm using an older version of Winape, but why was this guy waiting 4-5 days for an response?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

VincentGR

So you can save your wav and feed your cpc with a cassette adaptor.
Then if u add some lines on the real thing and you need to save?
I really don't know if this adaptor will send it back to your pc's line in  :-X .

On my 464 I have modded the pcb so there are in/out ports.
You must find the right recording volume at your line in and record it with audacity or audition.

Then load your wav to ape.