News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Emulator support for USB Competition Pro

Started by Sykobee (Briggsy), 01:26, 07 February 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Well you can buy this USB Competition Pro joystick (which comes with 99 C64 games for the PC, some of which are quite good so probably worth it) for a tenner.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/13496887/SPEEDLINK-Competition-Pro-USB-Joystick-And-99-C64-Games/Product.html?&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:13496887|cat:Film+Memorabilia

which is the product at http://www.speed-link.com/?p=3&cat=314&pid=21424&paus=1

Will this work as a joystick for CPC games in CPC emulators like WinAPE, Arnold, etc?

Also, they still do a 9-pin version that should work on a real CPC: http://www.speed-link.com/?p=2&cat=3617&pid=21234&paus=1

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Briggsy on 01:26, 07 February 10
Will this work as a joystick for CPC games in CPC emulators like WinAPE, Arnold, etc?

Why not? If an emulator supports joysticks, it should support this competition pro, too.
For JavaCPC for example I use Joy2Key which works well with my gamepad. (Simple gamepads are also digital)

So I think, this comp. pro should work, too, as normal digital PC joystick.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

I have one. It's a 100% normal joystick, so it works with everything... quite nice, too! :)

nurgle

Quote from: Briggsy on 01:26, 07 February 10
...USB Competition Pro joystick...

Each version of Arnold/Linux is heavily tested with this Joystick before release.  ;D

Gryzor

Quote from: nurgle on 03:01, 07 March 10
Each version of Arnold/Linux is heavily tested with this Joystick before release.  ;D

So I guess they should prepare stickers, a-la Microsoft, "tested with Arnold" :D

nurgle

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:56, 08 March 10
So I guess they should prepare stickers, a-la Microsoft, "tested with Arnold" :D

Errrm, maybe it's my english. I do test Arnold/Linux with this Joystick before each release. I am not sure if the guys at speedlink test each Joystick with Arnold/Linux before shipping.   ;D

Of course they should!  :P

Ythcal

I wished, Wiituka (for the Wii) would accept the USB-Competition-Pro.
I sent them my suggestion, but the emulator wasn't updated for more than a year...  :(

Johans

Hi everybody.

When I try to Drill in Oil Imperium with the Speedlink Competition Pro it immediately glitches and the message 'Drilling a fiasco' is displayed.

I already tried all the versions of Oil Imperium I could find.

Anyone know how to fix?

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Johans on 18:01, 16 April 13
When I try to Drill in Oil Imperium with the Speedlink Competition Pro

Wrong forum? I never saw Oil Imperium for the Amstrad CPC...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release