News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Geno Test

Started by AMSDOS, 12:01, 13 July 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Bryce on 10:30, 15 July 11
When I exit to CPM the background colour stays dark blue instead of returning to light blue. Is this normal, an emulator glitch or a Geno bug?

Its just a missing "Lets return to CPM's origin palette"
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

AMSDOS

Your Mounted Drive appears to have some problems!! It was Mounted Below A: drive, it also appears someone gave it a good mounting!

How many BASIC programs have you ever typed in revert back to the colours it had prior to the execution of that program (and not necessarily the BASIC default ones?). It can be done in BASIC or CP/M, though it requires more routines by using Firmware GET INK and everybody hates the CP/M 2.2 Colours anyway, since any other colour combination would look better! In Geno they have gone with CP/M Plus Colour Scheme and as long as the program returns to 80x25 resolution in CP/M, I'm not quite sure what the fuss is about!  :o

Yeah it's CP/M specific so it needs .COM files, do I need to Compile my TP programs into COM files so people can run them and see how they go with Geno?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Bryce

The strange B drive icon is because you don't have a disk in the drive.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 10:59, 15 July 11
The strange B drive icon is because you don't have a disk in the drive.

Bryce.

LOL!! I know  :laugh:  WebCPC won't let me do that!  :)

I tried Launching one of my TP COM files only to get the "Not Enough Memory" message, along with some German under that (which I forgot to write down!  :( ). I've got a feeling though Geno might have been written in TP3 because of all those Overlay files, the "Not Enough Memory" message, if that's the case I maybe able to Compile my programs as "CHN" files which is merely the source compiled into Binary format minus the Library routine, cause if Geno is TP based it will have a standard Library routine in Memory from which other programs can be executed. Otherwise depending on how the Launch program is loads that file it may not necessarily work, but I guess it's worth a try.

Your Computer Programs

AMSDOS

Quote from: CP/M User on 11:19, 15 July 11

I tried Launching one of my TP COM files only to get the "Not Enough Memory" message, along with some German under that (which I forgot to write down!  :( ). I've got a feeling though Geno might have been written in TP3 because of all those Overlay files, the "Not Enough Memory" message, if that's the case I maybe able to Compile my programs as "CHN" files which is merely the source compiled into Binary format minus the Library routine, cause if Geno is TP based it will have a standard Library routine in Memory from which other programs can be executed. Otherwise depending on how the Launch program is loads that file it may not necessarily work, but I guess it's worth a try.

Definitely no go with that, Geno doesn't reckonise the CHN files when I tried to Launch it and renaming it as a COM file produced the wrong Fireworks  ;D  Bit of a Pity cause if it was done in TP, it would have been relatively simple to load CHN files into it as well (merely a CHAIN command I think it uses).

Your Computer Programs