News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hello, Arnold on Haiku, ...

Started by Munchausen, 15:23, 06 December 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Munchausen

Hi all, just joined the forum as I've been getting interested in CPC more for the first time since I was about 11! I'm quite excited about getting my 6128 out of the cupboard, blowing the dust off and using it again. I've ordered the parts for an RGB->composite converter and just received one of these HDD POWER SUPPLY AC 12V+5V 2A FOR HARD DRIVE MOLEX UK | eBay to power everything.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and let you know I've managed to get Arnold running on the (somewhat obscure) Haiku OS. It isn't particularly functional right now as there is no way to change discs while running etc, but it does work! I'm going to keep working on it and maybe also try to port caprice, and the release will go on to haikware.com

Gryzor

Hah! Haiku! Please, do post a screenshot or two! Used to love BeOS way back...

Anyhow, welcome mate, welcome :) Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Munchausen

Thanks! I love haiku, I got into it because of BeOS and it really has come quite a long way now, to the point where I use it as my day-to-day OS most of the time... maybe you should give the latest release a try?

Haven't made any more progress on Arnold, but here're a couple of screenshots:

Gryzor

Heh, lovely screens, thanks!

As for haiku being my main OS, well, a bit scary proposition. I'd need at least full driver compatibility for my laptop and Opera/Chrome Canary...