News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Is there an emulator where I can manipulate CRTC registers?

Started by eto, 06:46, 17 August 22

Previous topic - Next topic

eto

Is there an emulator in which you can manipulate registers in the UI directly, e.g. those of the CRTC?

BSC

Retro Virtual Machine (2) has this feature and I am pretty sure that WinApe has it.

** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Longshot

Quote from: BSC on 08:03, 17 August 22Retro Virtual Machine (2) has this feature and I am pretty sure that WinApe has it.
You can't do that with WinAPE.
Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

eto

Quote from: BSC on 08:03, 17 August 22Retro Virtual Machine (2) has this feature and I am pretty sure that WinApe has it.

I didn't find it in RVM but now I saw it. Thanks. 

GUNHED

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

McArti0

CPC 6128, Whole 6128 and Only 6128, with .....
NewPAL v3 for use all 128kB RAM by CRTC as VRAM
TYPICAL :) TV Funai 22FL532/10 with VGA-RGB-in.

Emu

It's also possible in CPCemu's debugger, but the debugger is still bad to use. However, it has the advantage that you can single-step or multi-step the CRTC using command "c" or "cSTEPNUMBER". If you want to try it you can use the command "crtc REG=VAL", where REG and VAL are hexadecimal numbers without "&" or "$" or "0x".

McArti0

SugarBox v0.29   very useful  live CRTC registers

Menu Debugger>Debugger Windows>CRTC

and one time press Break and Run
CPC 6128, Whole 6128 and Only 6128, with .....
NewPAL v3 for use all 128kB RAM by CRTC as VRAM
TYPICAL :) TV Funai 22FL532/10 with VGA-RGB-in.