News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

JavaCPC Desktop 1.0 official release

Started by Devilmarkus, 11:05, 14 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 19:49, 26 August 11
Right... No app. quits.
Thats not very simple to realize because I don't want to use too much memory...
The pacman is a few kb only...

Ok, so when we are rough on frame, it is better to restart!

Not really a big thing, but good to know!
Brain Radioactivity

Executioner

Quote from: MaV on 17:42, 26 August 11
Yes, but my understanding is, it's a couple of bits in the Flag-register that are not emulated 100% correctly.

WinAPE core Z80 emulation code is written in x86 assembler and uses the flags of the x86 (SAHF and LAHF instructions). The extra bits (including the so-called MEMPTR) don't operate the same on the x86 and so WinAPE's current (original) flag handling code doesn't emulate them, and hasn't been updated to do so (there would be a slight performance hit). JavaCPC and JEMU Z80 cores have hand-coded flag emulation, including the MEMPTR emulation which I assume Markus has added from my latest JEMU Z80 core. The latest incomplete version should be close to 100% accurate when finished.

Devilmarkus

Yes the MEMPTR I adapted from the actual sources in JEMU.
Had to change a few things but it works fine (I hope) :D

Will try to run ZEXALL, too, today... (Did not run it yet because it's very slooooooooooooooooow)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

MaV

Quote from: Executioner on 03:05, 05 September 11
WinAPE core Z80 emulation code is written in x86 assembler and uses the flags of the x86 (SAHF and LAHF instructions). The extra bits (including the so-called MEMPTR) don't operate the same on the x86 and so WinAPE's current (original) flag handling code doesn't emulate them, and hasn't been updated to do so (there would be a slight performance hit).

Interesting fact. Would the performance hit even be noticeable?
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Executioner

Quote from: MaV on 10:09, 05 September 11
Interesting fact. Would the performance hit even be noticeable?

Probably not on modern processors. The rendering/CRTC/sprite/audio code accounts for a much higher percentage of processing time than the Z80 emulation now, and on most modern systems the CPU usage for WinAPE is very low (I get a max of 7% on one core on my 1.73GHz i7). I'll fix up all the flags as part of the next release (not that it causes problems with any known software except z80 tests).

MaV

Quote from: Executioner on 02:31, 07 September 11
I'll fix up all the flags as part of the next release (not that it causes problems with any known software except z80 tests).

Yep, fixing these parts is purely academical, for all I know. Still good to see that the Z80 can be emulated 100%.

TFM

Quote from: MaV on 23:01, 07 September 11
... Still good to see that the Z80 can be emulated 100%.
Well, for me - in a way - it's sad  ???
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MaV

Quote from: TFM/FS on 01:46, 08 September 11
Well, for me - in a way - it's sad  ???

Aw! :( Does it help, if I say that I still prefer the real thing? Nothing beats the 40 pin DIP on a green PCB with lots of metal lines going here and there. So it's a bit slow by today's standards, but with the Z80 running at 4MHz you still can afford the instruments to watch the pins change state and see the little bugger come to life. Try that with a GHz processor. :D

TFM

Well, one million instructions per second is not slow. Slow are todays PCs, even if their CPUs are supposed to be 100.000 times more quick than the Z80. But if I use some apps on the CPC it's still more quick that the PC. My oldest, but still true example is: Go and write a letter! (And since all PCs are heavily upgraded, we will use a CPC with Protext in ROM and a RAM disc).

Well, at least not a single CPC Emulator is capable to emulate the famous HD20 hard-disc (which wouldn't be hard to do btw.).

IMHO the CPC has a right to exist, as long it can't be emulated (including all expansions) for at least 99.7% - IMHO!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Update to version 1.2 is available!
- Bugfixes in Z80 Assembler
  (1 bugfix is very important! The bug let JavaCPC slow down much, so this update is really recommended for users who use the assembler!)
- Z80 Assembler now restores the opened files (Until you close them or all tabs)
- Minor bugfixes in CPC emulation
- Improved .TAP loading speed when 464 roms are choosen (Loads faster than from DSK!)
- Wallpapers can be shown tiled now
- Favorites Browser update (Added "Remove unused entries" -> removes all non-findable files from Favourite browser, better GUI)
- Few more improvements

Update can be done starting JavaCPC and let it check for updates. (If not automatic check is enabled)

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 16:08, 18 October 11
  (1 bugfix is very important! The bug let JavaCPC slow down much, so this update is really recommended for users who use the assembler!)

That happens to me always, even without using the assembler. If I start JavaCPC then it has 50 fps, ander 10 seconds it 40 fps, after half a minute it's 20 fps and after one minute its less than 20 fps.

Since the update it's all good!!!! Thanks!
TFM of FutureSoft

redbox

Thanks DevilMarkus, good update.

Devilmarkus

JavaCPC Desktop 1.3 is available!
New: 3d accelerated, curvatured display.
You can enable/disable the 3d screen in Video-Settings.

Texturesize is 1024x512 pixels.

Optional: Disable Small Texture (Increases the Texturesize to 1024x1024 pixels, but is slower)
You need to restart JavaCPC after changing the texturesize!

If you run out of speed in 3d display, you can also enable "Frameskip" in the video settings. (This is not stored in the settings!)

No fullscreen-mode available when in 3d! But you can stretch the emulator output to the size you wish.

Just run the "Check for updates" option from Help-menu...

Devilmarkus

Little Emulator-update to 1.3d:
- The aspect ratio for the 3d display should be right now in almost all cases.
- New Updater! (It now can download all additional files like libraries, dll, etc)
- Online-Installer

Just let JavaCPC check for updates! That's all!
(New Updater starts after first check! So don't wonder, it then downloads necessary files)

Or check the 2nd attachment here! It contains the complete JavaCPC-Online Installer.

Devilmarkus

Update 1.4a available.
New:
- Native keytranslation for German Keyboards (Type in what you want and it will appear as it is on your keyboard)
  Example: When you press the "+"-key it will appear the "+" symbol on the CPC screen.
- Bugfix in Autotype routine
- Small CRTC bugfix
- Less coffee used this time

Here you can see the native keytranslation. I pressed all keys on my keyboard in order. first without shift, then with shift, and some with alt_gr.
Only additional key is the "Ü" key. It still provides @ or | as it's a simplier handling of this key.
The § returns the british pound symbol, as the CPC don't have a § key ;)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

Well, for gaming the native keytranslation is not very useful, but for coders...

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 09:51, 16 November 11
Well, for gaming the native keytranslation is not very useful, but for coders...

Indeed.
TFM of FutureSoft

Phi2x

Devilmarkus

Why not executing javascript in java?
import java.io.FileReader;

import javax.script.ScriptEngine;
import javax.script.ScriptEngineManager;

public class RunScriptFileDemo {
   public static void main(String[] args) {
     ScriptEngineManager manager = new ScriptEngineManager();
     ScriptEngine engine = manager.getEngineByName("js");
     try {
       FileReader reader = new FileReader("yourFile.js");
       engine.eval(reader);
       reader.close();
     } catch (Exception e) {
       e.printStackTrace();
     }
   }
}
/* File: yourFile.js
  function add(a, b) {
     c = a + b;
     return c;
}

result = add (10, 5);
print ('Result = ' + result);
*/

Phi2x

Devilmarkus

Quote from: phi2x on 13:52, 21 November 11
And why not executing JavaCPC on the Javascript made JVM while executing that JVM on this Javascript engine that is embedded in Java?  8)

Well because I also wouldn't execute CPCBox in a window of JavaCPC's desktop, which is executed by JVM in Javascript, which runs in a popup-display of CPCBox what is embedded in html5 :P

Gryzor

TFM

You guys know exactly who to use up all ressources, go and get a job at Micro$oft, they will kiss your behinds  :laugh:

Welcome in the wasteland!  :P

(I stay with my original CPC and expansions meanwhile).
TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

JavaCPC Desktop is online again!
You can download the latest version here:
http://cpc-live.com/download.php?view.2

Have fun!