News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Winape sound problem on saved AVI video

Started by RetroCoder, 23:54, 09 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroCoder

Hello,
I've just tried to record a short video of a game I wrote using the recording feature of winape. The sound was fine as I played the game but the video playback has a constant ticking sound. Is this a known bug or is there a setting to fix this. I'm running Windows 7 32bit.

Executioner

I'd recommend you record the gameplay using an SNR (File.. Record Session...), then when you've finished, set the emulator speed to full (General Settings... Display Every 1 frame), then start recording the AVI and play back the Session at the same time. This forces the emulation to not skip any frames while writing the AVI.

ralferoo

I've had this problem the last couple of times I've used this feature too, and this time I've just followed these instructions and it seems to make no difference - I still get noticable ticking noises...

TFM

Me too, when I record videos. But hey, that's what we have :-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ralferoo

What emulator is best for recording videos then?

I use wincpc most of the time because it works nicely under linux with wine, but that obviously doesn't do video at all... As I only occaionally make videos, I don't mind using any emulator for that as long as I end up with a usable video! :)

Devilmarkus

I am using my own emulator ;) And a good desktop recording software like Camtasia Studio Pro...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft