News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
G

Key Mapping - Winape

Started by Gaz, 12:02, 15 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Hello.

I've tried going through the forum to see if anyone has already asked the same question, so I'm not wasting anyone's time, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm basically new to the emulator world, and have downloaded newest version of Winape to revisit old Amstrad games.  A few I've downloaded from the CPC Roms website don't seem to respond to any (or all) key input however, and I was wondering why this is and how I can get around it.  For instance, one game I remember playing with both keyboard and joystick on my Amstrad doesn't seem to respond to keyboard (one or two, such as fire or jump work, but directions don't).  The game doesn't have an option to redefine keys so I was wondering whether there is anything simple I can do with Winape.

Thanks, and apologies if this is the 100th time the question has been asked...
G

IanS

Joystick input appear to be setup to be the numeric keypad by default. So make sure numlock is on.
Otherwise redfine the WinApe mapping. Setting Menu->Input.

Executioner

Every key on the CPC should be mapped to at least one key on the PC keyboard, but depending on your keyboard (eg. UK/US) they may not be exactly where you expect. Num Lock toggles between Joystick and function keys on the numeric keypad.