Author Topic: CPCEC a new emulator from cngsoft  (Read 54588 times)

Offline cpcitor

• The user previously known as FindYWay
  • 464 Plus
  • My heart still runs on traditional CPC.
    • My code for the CPC.
    • Awards
Re: CPCEC a new emulator from cngsoft
« Reply #225 on: 00:56, 10 January 22 »
Thanks for the update :-) The demo is "Possible", https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=90547 ; the screenshot combines almost all the video filters (pxiels, scanlines, interlace, blending) in ZXSEC.

Thanks. And that one?

No reactions
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

Offline cngsoft

• CPC6128
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: 01:27, 10 January 22 »
Thanks. And that one?

This one is interlaced. No pixel blur, no frame blending, no scanlines. In hindsight it was a bad choice, scrollers suffer the most with interlace.
Members reacted like:
cpcitor,
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

Offline cpcitor

• 464 Plus
    • My code for the CPC.
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: 09:20, 10 January 22 »
This one is interlaced. No pixel blur, no frame blending, no scanlines. In hindsight it was a bad choice, scrollers suffer the most with interlace.

What is the name of that prod? I'd like to run it on a real CPC one day.
No reactions
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made in 2013 the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC, later forked into CPCTelera.

Offline cngsoft

• CPC6128
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: 13:10, 10 January 22 »
What is the name of that prod? I'd like to run it on a real CPC one day.
It's Chany & Grees' cracktro of "Popeye 3", https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=1666 ; the cracktro relies on a CRTC1 quirk (changing R5 then C4 is zero but R4 is nonzero) to move the "Nul Part System" logo on top of the screen.
Members reacted like:
cpcitor,

Offline cpcitor

• 464 Plus
    • My code for the CPC.
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: 22:03, 10 January 22 »
It's Chany & Grees' cracktro of "Popeye 3", https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=1666 ; the cracktro relies on a CRTC1 quirk (changing R5 then C4 is zero but R4 is nonzero) to move the "Nul Part System" logo on top of the screen.

Thanks!

Running it with latest cpcec on Linux, it works but is not interlaced, see attached picture. Why not the same result as yours?

popeye3_chani_intro_cpcec.png
* popeye3_chani_intro_cpcec.png
(Filesize: 5.2 KB, Dimensions: 768x536, Views: 145)

popeye3_chani_intro_cpcec_1.png
* popeye3_chani_intro_cpcec_1.png
(Filesize: 6.27 KB, Dimensions: 768x536, Views: 142)

« Last Edit: 22:04, 10 January 22 by cpcitor »
No reactions

Offline cngsoft

• CPC6128
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: 22:21, 10 January 22 »
Thanks!

Running it with latest cpcec on Linux, it works but is not interlaced, see attached picture. Why not the same result as yours?
Interlacing is just a video option of CPCEC, not an actual trait of the CPC hardware; I often enable it on my laptop because it saves CPU time as the emulator doesn't have to perform any scanline duplication. However, some CPC demos rely on software interlacing, for example "Mad Leprechaun", https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=12533 : the screen "shakes" with all scanline options disabled, but can become stable with the right options.

CPCEC shows either the right or the wrong interlace (it depends on the timing; switch back to "all scanlines", then back to an interlaced mode if you get the wrong picture) with simple or double interlace enabled, and shows a compromise between both if you enable blending. Something similar happens to the Batman-Spawn screen in the demo "Batman Forever", as well as in many Spectrum demos where the rapid flipping of the two VRAM pages in 128K mode is called "Gigascreen", for example the title screen of "Mescaline Synesthesia".

« Last Edit: 14:20, 11 January 22 by cngsoft »
Members reacted like:
cpcitor,