News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Roland, a new Amstrad CPC emulator written in javascript (100% speed)

Started by Mochilote, 08:41, 21 April 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Mochilote

http://roland.antoniovillena.es/

Roland is an Amstrad CPC emulator written in javascript. It can be slow in your machine, so I recommend you to use with Chrome 10+ for best performance results.

By now, only CPC 464 model is emulated. Sound & disk doesn't work, and many games will crash or doesn't work properly, because this is a beta release (the first beta one). Green links (on left frame) are .TAP files, and the blue ones are .CDT. Please be patient by loading .CDT files, they are very slow and there isn't any notification until loading is done.

Phi2x

Gryzor

Hohoho! Until sound is implemented (I know this is not up to you) these are nice exercises, but great nonetheless! The full-screen scaling is excellent and it's pretty fast!

antoniovillena

Hello

Mochilote thanks for your advertisement in this forum.

Gryzor I would like to implement sound, but the only serious browser that implement this in javascript is Firefox with Mozilla Data Api. This is not an standard, probably the final standard (from W3C Audio incubator) will be different, so there is no sense to support only 1 browser now and replace the implementation in the near future. Also it's posibbly do it in Flash (like jsNES), but I am not making a Flash emulator, and Flash (probably) will be obsolete in next years. Thanks for your feedback, I change the "fast" scaling (it's avalable in this link http://roland.antoniovillena.es/464s
because it has bad performance in Firefox 4, that uses hardware scaling.

Phi2x, nice to see you. I suggest you to put credits or contact info in the cpcbox.com web. About your emulator is excelent and very accurate graphically. Yes, competition is good. I will compete with me by supporting DSK format and 664/6128 machines, and more game compatibility. But nothing to do with against your emulator, it will be better than mine. The only positive aspect that my emulator is better is in performance, but this will occur meanwhile software based scaling browser.

Gryzor

Yeah, I know about sound, which is a shame. We've discussed it in the CPCbox thread.

Didn't know about FF's implementation though, which is strange, at this age and date, to produce proprietary standards... :(