News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Recording video in WinApe

Started by Cholo, 19:47, 07 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

Quote from: Prodatron on 19:53, 07 July 15
Yes, I switched all other settings to the lower ones (mono, 8bit, 22KHz) but it didn't help. Strange thing is: This issue started in 2012 (before that everything was fine) and I have no idea what was changing (as I still have the same PC setup).
Anyway not a big thing, I can live with that :)
I had problems with an old pc. I had to change the settings of the hdd.
I think from PIO mode to DMA mode.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Apollo

I have the same problem as Prodatron and it appeared with the latest alpha version as well. Don't know any solution yet...
CPC - My beloved first computer!

Executioner

Quote from: Apollo on 14:38, 08 July 15
I have the same problem as Prodatron and it appeared with the latest alpha version as well. Don't know any solution yet...

Hmm. I get that too. Will look into it.

Prodatron

Quote from: Executioner on 23:50, 08 July 15
Hmm. I get that too. Will look into it.
Thanks! I am glad, that you are back on WinApe again!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Executioner

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:55, 08 July 15
Thanks! I am glad, that you are back on WinApe again!

I wanted to get a release out back at Christmas, but much has been going on since then and I got busy with other stuff. btw, I've fixed the clicking which was caused by corruption of one of the channels (using EBX as a pointer when BH had sound channel data, in Z80 terms that's like using HL when H has the value you need to write!)

mr_lou

Quote from: Executioner on 00:48, 09 July 15
I wanted to get a release out back at Christmas, but much has been going on since then and I got busy with other stuff. btw, I've fixed the clicking which was caused by corruption of one of the channels (using EBX as a pointer when BH had sound channel data, in Z80 terms that's like using HL when H has the value you need to write!)

We noticed this clicking sound when recording the video for the CPC Retro Dev Compo, and I actually remembered something about you saying you'd fixed it.
But looking at the download page at WinAPE.net we already had the latest version.

Is there no version of WinAPE available yet with this fix?

AMSDOS

Quote from: mr_lou on 06:18, 26 October 15
We noticed this clicking sound when recording the video for the CPC Retro Dev Compo, and I actually remembered something about you saying you'd fixed it.
But looking at the download page at WinAPE.net we already had the latest version.

Is there no version of WinAPE available yet with this fix?

Couldn't you just delete the sound track in some movie editing program?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

mr_lou

Quote from: AMSDOS on 07:22, 27 October 15
Couldn't you just delete the sound track in some movie editing program?

Well sure.
But since I spent a long time making the music and sound effects I'd prefer including them.

AMSDOS

Quote from: mr_lou on 07:32, 27 October 15
Well sure.
But since I spent a long time making the music and sound effects I'd prefer including them.

I've had the same trouble if I've recorded something from Winape, but have noticed that videos are being produced without the clicking sound, so perhaps another Emulator might do the trick?

Your Computer Programs

mr_lou

Quote from: AMSDOS on 07:40, 27 October 15
I've had the same trouble if I've recorded something from Winape, but have noticed that videos are being produced without the clicking sound, so perhaps another Emulator might do the trick?

I prefer an emulator that has video-recording built in, rather than using an external screen recorder, in order to not lose any frames.

I don't mind that the emulator itself slows down during this recording, as long as all frames are captured.

Do you know of any emulator that offers this?

EDIT: Otherwise I actually prefer using the real device(s), which is also why I'm looking into getting myself an external recorder of some kind. But I still feel I know too little about the topic.

AMSDOS

CPCE 1.94 allows you to save AVI Video. Going into that option, it'll ask what Codec to use, or Uncompressed if preferred.

You may have CPCE 1.94 without realising it, I ended up with it after I downloaded CPC BASIC 3. In my case I found it in the UTILS/CPCE folder. In CPCE I noticed you can record the Video with or without sound.

Your Computer Programs

mr_lou

Quote from: AMSDOS on 08:33, 27 October 15
CPCE 1.94 allows you to save AVI Video.

Ok, I'll check it out. I have a lot of videos I need to record for my project "8bit Stories". But I'm very picky about the quality.

mahlemiut

MAME will also record AVI video, but only uncompressed (so you will need a large amount of free disk space).
The -snapsize switch will allow you to set the resolution you want, and the output will be stretched or shrunk to fit (by default it will be at 1:1, which is likely undesirable).
- Barry Rodewald