News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 21:24, 15 February 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Just a little push:

I contacted the authors of the Emulation Framework and asked:

QuoteHello,
As I read about the KEEP Project and the financial amount of 3.000.000€ I wish to ask, where is my part of the financial help?

I am the developer and coder of JavaCPC but didnt see any cent yet.

Is that right, that people earn money with third party tools, or will the money be payed out?

Regards,
Markus Hohmann

Will wait for reply.... ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Morn

And I wouldn't be surprised if their grandiose long-term project goal, the KEEP Virtual Machine (KVM), will turn out to be just a minimally rebranded version of MESS. For 3 megabucks, I'd even download the MESS source for them and run the required find-and-replace. Pretty nice pay for about five minutes of work...  :D

TFM

Look at this Morn is back, well that was quite a while ago.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Morn

Hi TFM! Yes, it's simply too hot outside to do anything and CPC-Power is back (yay!), so this is a good time to check out the latest emulator versions and try out some new games and systems. And play every port of Out Run that ever existed.  :D

On the programming side, I'd love to find a nice CPC solution for Audio frequency generator - Rosetta Code — not with a series of tones like the Speccy version but with a continuous tone. It looks like this can only be done with assembly though. As far as I see the firmware has no function for modifying e.g. the pitch of the currently playing tone. Unfortunately the excellent Grimware site does not seem to have a page about the AY yet.  :(

arnoldemu

Quote from: Morn on 13:06, 25 July 13
Hi TFM! Yes, it's simply too hot outside to do anything and CPC-Power is back (yay!), so this is a good time to check out the latest emulator versions and try out some new games and systems. And play every port of Out Run that ever existed.  :D

On the programming side, I'd love to find a nice CPC solution for Audio frequency generator - Rosetta Code — not with a series of tones like the Speccy version but with a continuous tone. It looks like this can only be done with assembly though. As far as I see the firmware has no function for modifying e.g. the pitch of the currently playing tone. Unfortunately the excellent Grimware site does not seem to have a page about the AY yet.  :(
BASIC can't do it???
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Bryce

Quote from: Morn on 13:06, 25 July 13
Yes, it's simply too hot outside to do anything

Have you tried sitting in a Biergarten and continuously pouring cold beer down your throat? Works fine for me in these temperatures :)

Bryce.

TFM

Sounds really great, but after some hours it's really hard to get up again  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Morn

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:17, 25 July 13
BASIC can't do it???

As far as I see the firmware functions all work on a queue basis: Once a sound is entered in the queue, there is no way to change it from BASIC. So one can do what the Speccy version does, fake it with many short tones, but that is not what the RC problem description specifies.

Quote from: Bryce on 13:52, 25 July 13
Have you tried sitting in a Biergarten and continuously pouring cold beer down your throat? Works fine for me in these temperatures :)

Or combine the two activities even. Some frantic retrogaming is probably a great way to burn all those calories and thereby prevent beer belly.

To the beer mobile, Robin!  :D

Gryzor

Can someone explain the Rosetta thing to me? I don't get it...