News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

where can I find the French Basic ROMs ?

Started by MacDeath, 04:09, 30 November 12

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

While doing some clean up and ordering my computer, I found out i don't have the French Roms files so i can't get Winape to actually handle well my azerty keyboard...

Looking at this page :
ROM Table - CPCWiki

The CPC 6128 Basic French says "link missing"... WTF ? its not like the French CPC is hard to find nor it is not the most available...

Also do you have some hints to set Winape so he handle betterly the azerty ?
where should I put the Roms ? what is the best full package ?

Where to find all those ?

thx.

Post Edition : ok I found out the whole "ROM" themed pages where severly lacking in Categories and sub categories hence a poor visibility in the Wiki...
I added a bunch of categories to the Expension ROM and ROM pages...

I mean, basically a ROM is a very important part of the machine, touching software, Hardware, mass media storage, OS, internal components...

Also Is there even a "RAM" page ?
RAM cards of course, RAM themed pages but not a simple "RAM" page...

00WReX

I have had these for a fair while...and don't remember where I got them.
But anyway, hope they are what you are after  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

MacDeath

Thanks to you, I guess they should then also be linked on the ROM table page...

ok nice,n ow my Winape is in azerty at last !
But I think there was a recently patched OS which corrects the French version so the " | " is displayed instead of a "ù"...
I will check this too...

Also I found this topic, somewhat related :
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/emulators/french-keyboard-support-for-cpc()-emulators-for-pc-please/

00WReX

OK, I just updated the Wiki ROM table to include the French & Spanish ROM's (just found I had the Spanish ones as well and they were also missing on the ROM table).

ROM Table - CPCWiki

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

MacDeath

00WReX

OK I know this is blasphemy...but have you seen the Commodore 64 replica ROMs...just for fun  :P

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Yes, I think Markus uses these in his CPC :D

Thanks for adding the two ROMs. The list is looking quite complete at this stage. although I'd like some of the software hackers to add some more games. I really like having a few games on my MegaFlash, for instant call-up.

Are the C64 ROMs in the ROM Table? If not, add them too.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Bryce on 15:51, 30 November 12
Yes, I think Markus uses these in his CPC :D

Thanks for adding the two ROMs. The list is looking quite complete at this stage. although I'd like some of the software hackers to add some more games. I really like having a few games on my MegaFlash, for instant call-up.

Bryce.
any in particular?

I've got a plan for a read-only rom filesystem which may help with this and I have a rom game in development (ok, it'll be on tape and disk too, but it's small enough to fit into a rom as well AND actually RUN from the ROM too, not download itself into ram).
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

00WReX

Quote from: Bryce on 15:51, 30 November 12
Bryce.

OK, there was a spot that had "CPC 464 modified OS" but no link...so I uploaded the C64 replica ROM's and used that spot.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

00WReX

Also added the Danish, French (AZERTY), and Spanish 464 OS ROMs.

And now it's time for bed...after 2AM down under...

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

MacDeath

QuoteThanks for adding the two ROMs. The list is looking quite complete at this stage. although I'd like some of the software hackers to add some more games. I really like having a few games on my MegaFlash, for instant call-up.
Perhaps if the Spanish CPC Game industry tried harder into ROM versions instead of 464 tape versions... :laugh:

Lots of advantages in ROM based games... prime one being actually "added memory capacity" as the Datas would no more be stored in RAM and then the 664 and 464 versions could be more like a 128K version.
= you can double buffer and overscan like a pork!
= you can compress some datas.
= no more tape loading, still tapes versions could be sold but would need to be "installed" on a ROM (or HDD) like it was often done on PC.

I really believe some thing is cruelly missing for the CPC...

Imagine a "RAMdisk-ROM-HDD emulator", quite like the HxC FloppyDisk emulator...
You would use a mundane USB key, and filling ROMs slots would be easy as cake if done well, also this would democratize the "HDD" so open a whole new era for streaming videos and sounds on CPC..

(while at it, also add some RAM on such card, real time clock, Blitter and extra soundcard, Math co processor, ethernet plug and coffee maker) 8)

00WReX

Quote from: MacDeath on 04:09, 30 November 12

Looking at this page :
ROM Table - CPCWiki

The CPC 6128 Basic French says "link missing"... WTF ? its not like the French CPC is hard to find nor it is not the most available...

Hi MacDeath, I just noticed that the AZERTY ROM is on  the "Genesis8" site.

http://www.genesis8bit.fr/frontend/roms.php

You could have got this from a trusted French source instead of rely on a dodgy* Australian.  ;D
Although this is probably where I got it from years ago.  ;)

Definition for dodgy: "of uncertain outcome; especially fraught with risk."
"sneeky, scandalous, shiesty, shifty."

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Devilmarkus

JavaCPC also includes these ROMs.
They can be found in system/cpc/rom/ (At least the 6128 Roms: OSES.ROM = Spanish 6128 OS, OSFR.ROM = French 6128 OS, BASIC-C64.ROM + OS-C64.ROM = 6128 ROMs with C64 startup screen modified by me)

JavaCPC has a feature to localize the system roms. (6128 Roms, English, Spanish, French) so the emulator should always have the best config for the user.

[attachimg=1]
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

MacDeath

Gimme a break, Schlager-lieber and Crocodile Dundee... :P  You are all bier-belly-ed and should got into delicate wines instead...**
Impossible pas Français, but this may need some extra delay. ::)

I actually lurked a little more and found a few other sources but sometimes it is good to simply ask, as I pointed out some missing stuff at some CPCwiki's pages concerning the whole ROM service*.

*pun!

Thx anyway.

:-[ **MFW I have a big belly gut due to too much beer...

00WReX

Am glad you realised I was Joking, and definately did not mean you should have looked before asking.
I have got to be careful how my humour comes across in a post.

I was simply poking fun at the Australian origins of convicts and so called dodgy* people.  ;D

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

MacDeath

Don't worry, I'm not the serious type.

Aren't aussies considered strange person in the englishworld ?
Murikans often troll you at 4chan...

Gryzor

The page looks fantastic; thanks for your hard work guys!

MacDeath

This reminds us... where are the Danish ROMs ?

I know there are a few Danish users here... Could they dump the ROMs ? would be nice, fun and somewhat usefull... (not even Salami nor salmon related, Danish friends)