News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WinAPE 2.0 Beta 1

Started by Executioner, 05:28, 26 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

I observe a curiosity in winape.

using write directive to save the asm directly to a file.

Example.

with a org &c000

code

and then &d000

If you output these to memory emulator and then make the .bin to a traditional style. selecting it from ram and then save it to .bin

Yo generate

a code begins in &c000 to xxxx an then you have a buch 0f 00  until &d000

But if you use the write directive to save it directly to a .bin.

winape not generated the 00 remaining  between the two org, he paste &d000  directly when code of &c000 ends.

So write directive destroy my.bin with noscart basically  :) . As the cpc not found the code in &d000 in cartridge.

Executioner

Quote from: dragon on 14:14, 01 June 16
winape not generated the 00 remaining  between the two org, he paste &d000  directly when code of &c000 ends.

This is the correct behaviour and always has been. At the end of your code use:

defs #d000 - $

or

ds #d000 - $

arnoldemu

Quote from: Executioner on 12:18, 10 June 16
This is the correct behaviour and always has been. At the end of your code use:

defs #d000 - $

or

ds #d000 - $
If winape is like maxam then you should be able to do this:

org &d000,$
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Executioner

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:40, 10 June 16
If winape is like maxam then you should be able to do this:

org &d000,$

You can, but that's not what he's trying to achieve, that just outputs code to the current address with an ORG of #D000, but I think he wants to insert 0 bytes from the current location until #D000.

dragon

I have a graphicall corruption in emilio sanchez vicario. I tried all cracks and original disk. In arnold emu works o.k

Quote from: Executioner on 04:11, 25 June 16
You can, but that's not what he's trying to achieve, that just outputs code to the current address with an ORG of #D000, but I think he wants to insert 0 bytes from the current location until #D000.

Yeah, is because no&scart. Is more easy calculating  the .bin page/direction. add 00 betwen org that when you add abytes  all directions change  :D

Ace

Quote from: dragon on 12:32, 11 August 16
I have a graphicall corruption in emilio sanchez vicario. I tried all cracks and original disk. In arnold emu works o.k

Cannot reproduce, with WinApe 2.0 Beta 2. Maybe it's something with your settings, CRTC or something else?

dragon

I not sure, if i close/open winape it appear works, but if i reset it now it not work.

But if i reset, i execute burning rubber and i reset it works :D.

Ace

Quote from: dragon on 13:51, 11 August 16
I not sure, if i close/open winape it appear works, but if i reset it now it not work.

Edit: Happens to me also, sorry for the inconvenience, but not in partido, as I tested first, only on campeonato. 

dragon

Quote from: Ace on 13:55, 11 August 16
Edit: Happens to me also, sorry for the inconvenience, but not in partido, as I tested first, only on campeonato.

i not crazy weee!!.

It appears in the menu is not necesay begin a game (at least for me.)

Executioner

Is the game supposed to be compatible with the Plus fully? It looks like corruption during the initial court render routine. Perhaps an interrupt issue.

Executioner

Ok, just spent a couple of hours on this. The game has a screen buffer at #B44B which contains the address of each character data to make up the screen. The buffer uses 3 bytes per character, one for controlling the looping (sets a relative jump offset, normal #AD for each character, #07 for each end of line and #00 for end of screen), then two bytes for the address of the character data. If bit 7 of the data is not set, the character is not drawn as it is assumed to have not changed since the last screen update.

When the game loads, it inserts all the #AD, #07 and the final #00 bytes in the buffer, but the rest of the data is not changed (not sure if this is the original loader). On some versions of the Amstrad the keyboard definition buffer occupies the address range and obviously a few characters have the same values as what gets placed into the buffer, so the bits are reset and never drawn. I suspect this is either a crack and the original loader cleared the memory first, or the original loader was only designed for a standard CPC464 which has it's keyboard definitions a little lower in memory.

dragon

I m not sure very strange the game is released in disc.i don't think they release disc in with these fail. I need try it in the normal cpc 6128 with tape and 464.

It happend in original disc or cracked.

Executioner

Quote from: dragon on 21:15, 15 August 16
It happend in original disc or cracked.

That was the first snapshot you posted above. So whichever source you loaded it from.

dragon

Quote from: Executioner on 00:25, 16 August 16
That was the first snapshot you posted above. So whichever source you loaded it from.

O,k, i have another strange curiosity,

With fw 3.15 y type this to acces b:

ld a,&01
ld (&a700),a

But it not work in winape. But i put the cartridge image in real cpc and it works. ???

Yo can try it with a poke &a700,1 and cat. (for example).

Executioner

Quote from: dragon on 15:39, 20 August 16
Yo can try it with a poke &a700,1 and cat. (for example).

That will only work if the AMSDOS ROM is using that particular area of memory (which it does normally providing there are no ROMs in higher slots). If you select the standard CPC6128 setting in WinAPE with no extra ROMs it should work.

btw, The value at address #BE7E/F holds the base address of the AMSDOS work area (normally #A700).

dragon

Yes, you are alraight, syx tell me the same. The fail becomes because i ask it in assembler forum and nobody tell me about amsdos can move :)

buffer rsx appear not afected by that as the direction is prefixed in &02b1 kl find command

Ah other think combination of  firmw 3.15 + parados 2.1+ not work in win ape it reset continuoslly.