News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
K

Winape doesn't recognise any gamepad.

Started by Krenzathal, 10:03, 03 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Krenzathal

Hi all I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue. I'm using Winape to play all my old beloved Amstrad games and it seems to be the best CPC emulator out there apart from one thing, it won't recognise any gamepads of mine.

I'm using an original SNES gamepad with an adaptor that allows me to plug it in via USB to the PC but in Winape there only seems to be a limited selection of what you can map in a drop down menu in the Input section and my gamepad does not appear anywhere on these lists, even with the 'enable joystick' box ticked.

The gamepad is recognised and works perfectly in every other emulator I have (ZSnes, Winuae, Kega, MAME, Nestopia etc.) but in Winape there doesn't even appear to be an option to select which method of control you want apart from the keyboard. Usually in emulator input sections there is a separate drop down box with Keyboard, joystick, and USB Gamepad options but I can't see anything like that.

I tried my PS3 controller as well but with no joy also so I really don't know what I am doing wrong.

I'm pretty gutted about this as Winape  seems to be a great piece of gear and the games look great on my plasma TV but I'd rather not be bent over a keyboard wile playing.

Thanks, any info will help!

Executioner

WinAPE uses DirectX 3, not sure if there's support for gamepads in DI3, but I might upgrade to a later DX version as minimum requirement.

SuperZapGaming

It would be amazing if WinApe had gamepad support.  It would open it up to a new generation (and make it easier for us oldies) to continue playing.

I'm using a PS3 controller via the MotionJoy drivers, and even tried mapping the inputs to keys, then mapping the keys via the WinApe interface... but I guess there was too much remapping going on  :o

Anyway, love WinApe and the work you're doing.

robcfg

I remember that there is a small DirectX library called XUtil, or something in the line, that makes quite easy to work with pads and joysticks.

And I really mean it's easy to use.

Executioner

I have plenty of PS3 controllers about, so I can do some testing and see if I can get support in the next release.

MacDeath

Also winape sucks at AZERTYing...

I mean, those CPC's are mostly AZERTY around the world you know ?

Devlin

yeah, I have a Speedking attached via a USB adapter, and I have to use JoyToKey to get it working.

Improved joystick controls would be great!
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv

Ace

...every gamepad that is properly installed and recognized by Windows works pretty well with latest WinApe, at least that's the case with me...
It doesn't need any configuration at all, just a tick in the box "Use joystick" and WinApe even recognises button 2 of XBOX360 gamepad as secondary fire, for those CPC+ games and for a handfull of plain CPC games.

jbaudrand

Gryzor

+1? You're kidding me. Greek keyboard is the most popular.