News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Roland, probably the worst Amstrad CPC emulator

Started by antoniovillena, 12:12, 04 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Ah, just played some Silkwork myself. What a great game!

Lazy Dude

why the hell did I not see this thread before!
nice emulator, such a shame my tablet pc at work has died, still its a good enough reason to get me a new one :)

Carnivius

Yeah, Silkworm ain't bad on CPC.   I do wish it could have had some backgrounds though.   Used to play the Amiga version in 2 player at my friend's house a lot before I owned an Amiga myself so I bought the CPC version and it kept me entertained til I eventually did get an A1200 and the Amiga Silkworm.   CPC version lacks the extremely punchy sound effects (I loved those sounds on the Amiga version) but does alright and it does do a good attempt at the funky theme tune.  Plays well despite the somewhat more cramped play area too. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Thanks for the comment, will try it on the Amiga... Can you control both vehicles with one player?

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:05, 22 June 14
Thanks for the comment, will try it on the Amiga... Can you control both vehicles with one player?

Depends on your fingers:

When you can move & handle your left hand totally different and independently to your right hand: Why not?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

So, the answer is no I guess; I meant using the same controls for both...

Devilmarkus

I mean to remember, that this works, too with the Amiga version...
Or you can re-define the controls so that both use the same...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Neil79

I tried Ami-CPC on the Amiga and it's dog *** slow  >:( :'(
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:05, 22 June 14

At the same time?  The vehicles do not play the same way so that wouldn't work well anyway.  Not like UN Squadron where you end up with double fire power cos both players are in jets.    The beauty of Silkworm is 2 players helping each other out with the advantages and disadvantages of the two vehicles.   I always enjoyed the jeep cos it was charming and gave the game a more unique feel to most shooters and my friend would provide air support with the chopper while I would often watch his back by aiming the jeep's gun behind the chopper when needed.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Nah, actually the beauty of SW lies in the ability to control both vehicles at the same time at a very efficient and manageable way; yes, they don't play the same but it's extremely doable, and that's how I always played (and finished) it...

Carnivius

If you say so.  Seems a bit of a waste to me.