News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

2011 - what can a cpc'er look forward to?

Started by cpc4eva, 05:00, 15 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

Quote from: Bryce on 09:56, 18 January 11
@MacDeath: Aren't owning an Nespresso Machine and having regular sex mutually exclusive events? :D

Bryce.

P.s. I really like Quiche.
Nice.

I almost spat out my morning tea onto my plate of cakes for laughing then.
Thankfully I had my finest china stabilised by sticking out my little finger.  :laugh:

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 17:59, 16 January 11
EDIT: No source this time ;)

So... you're creating real serious source from scratch... that's promising... I'm looking forward to this project.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM/FS on 17:55, 18 January 11

So... you're creating real serious source from scratch... that's promising... I'm looking forward to this project.
hmmm...

maybe I should say "no source code released" this time.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

ukmarkh

One day, in the not too distant future... someone will convert or programme from scratch Outrun on the CPC as it should have been (SCREW YOU USGOLD). Then I'll be forever happy. In the mean time, c'mon R-Type remake!!!

MacDeath

QuoteAren't owning an Nespresso Machine and having regular sex mutually exclusive events?
Don't know... Ask Gearges Cloowney and Jhon Malkovitch...
BTW I don't own Nespresso system lol...
My good old hand-Bodum is enough.

Also the complain about sports game is not that bad.

That's true the sceners don't do sports games.

What do we have ?

-Platformers : Rick128 ... Mojon...
-Puzzlers : Color Lines...etc... good because no need of fancy scroolers or sprites.
-Shooters : Dead on Sabre...

So yeah a Curling game would be just too fine...
But yeah some Football or Car game would be great.

Football :
=often need scrollings.
=shittons of sprites...
=multiplayer or good artificial intelligence...
=ouch.

Car races :
= the false 3D trick is quite hard to do properly.
=good amount of sprites.

Perhaps analizing Burning rubber... and get it into a proper CarRace PLUS game like outrun in 128K RAM ?
Or just trying a 128K Ram car game...

But to be fair normal Sports games are boring...
I prefer when you can kill opponents...

So a SpeedBall/Disc/Fire and Forget game is better to me.

Perhaps an adaptation of Dos version's BloodBowl ?

sigh

Quote from: MacDeath on 07:43, 19 January 11

Football :
=often need scrollings.
=shittons of sprites...
=multiplayer or good artificial intelligence...
=ouch.

Car races :
= the false 3D trick is quite hard to do properly.
=good amount of sprites.

Perhaps analizing Burning rubber... and get it into a proper CarRace PLUS game like outrun in 128K RAM ?
Or just trying a 128K Ram car game...

But to be fair normal Sports games are boring...
I prefer when you can kill opponents...

So a SpeedBall/Disc/Fire and Forget game is better to me.

Perhaps an adaptation of Dos version's BloodBowl ?

Sprite wise for car games, not that much is needed. The feeling of speed is probably the only thing to worry about - and that's a programming thing. You'll just need car turning animations, car zooming, car tilting for hills and jumps, plus 1 or 2 crashes. (If the cars look all the same then it's even less work.) Tell you what though - you've just given me another thing to put on my list! Outrun CPC128K seems like a sensible start.....

Regarding football games - yeah, scrolling, AI and sprites. Like I said, I don't much like football (don't play much racing games either) but I think the challenges would be far more interesting. Speedball is the only futuristic game which I like - but then again, isn't it just a super powered version of handball?

MacDeath

Handball, are there any Handball game ? if only germanguys could more into gamedesign instead of Hardware and prowares.... at the time...

Gryzor

Quote from: ukmarkh on 02:46, 19 January 11
One day, in the not too distant future... someone will convert or programme from scratch Outrun on the CPC as it should have been (SCREW YOU USGOLD). Then I'll be forever happy. In the mean time, c'mon R-Type remake!!!

Amen man. Though I loved even the much-bashed port, I'd really love to see it even with just a tune added.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:37, 19 January 11
Handball, are there any Handball game ? if only germanguys could more into gamedesign instead of Hardware and prowares.... at the time...

Well, the only one (in Germany)[nb]Disregarding currently inaktive hardware developpers[/nb] who is capable of creating hardware is Bryce, but ok, he creates that much - it would be enough for a bunch of guys ;-)

But seriously, he is the only one, all others do software.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

cpc4eva

Quote from: MacDeath on 22:46, 16 January 11
Soxer ? why not speedball instead ?

Football is for quiche eaters... :P

im not big on quiche too much egg ?

i asked for speedball cpc remake last year no takers - 2011 could be the year you never know

Quote from: ukmarkh on 02:46, 19 January 11

here here :)

in meantime come on r-type cpc remake looks brill at this stage :)

with r-type being remade i always wanted to see I.O. on cpc

Xyphoe

Quote from: sigh on 20:48, 16 January 11
2: Start planning heavily animated, side view smooth pixel scrolling 128KB football game.

WOW! YES yes yes please!!!!

It's been a dream to have a truly decent footie game for the Amstrad of mine for so long. Sorry Emlyn Hughes/Italy 1990/etc fans ... as good as some of them are they're still pretty pants games. I had high hopes for Microprose Soccer as the C64 original was brilliant, the Amstrad version fell way short.

Some of you may remember mid last year I took a look at all the Amstrad football games, whilst it was fun to do it was depressing how crap most of them were, surely the Amstrad can do much better! Anyway for anyone that wants to go through them all -

But pleeeeaassseeee..........
If sigh or someone does do a soccer game please base it on Tecmo's classic World Cup 90 game -

Or take some inspiration from Football Champ with it's crazy fouls and moves! -

MacDeath

I remember a futuristic and violent Football (=soccer, not handhegg...) with Cyborgs as players...
It was a side soccer and an awesome one too.

This would be kool too.

Sucker Brawl
I think....

oh course there is always room for naked cheerleaders from futur... (Gynoid perhaps ?)

redbox

Quote from: Xyphoe on 23:48, 22 January 11
But pleeeeaassseeee..........
If sigh or someone does do a soccer game please base it on Tecmo's classic World Cup 90 game -

I think that would be too much of an ask, but I think it would be possible to do a decent version of Kick Off (1 or 2) for the CPC (especially the Plus).

trocoloco

Well I got in mind a game that used the AY-3-8910A chip for sound and I'm sure that many of us since we were kids would have loved to play a RIGHT and PROPER version on our beloved CPC of the best football arcade game ever, and that's gotta be........

Tehkan World Cup of course!  8)

remax

Well, has to become a bit harder cause i recall playing it for hours with only a coin.
Brain Radioactivity

sigh

Quote from: redbox on 09:02, 23 January 11
I think that would be too much of an ask, but I think it would be possible to do a decent version of Kick Off (1 or 2) for the CPC (especially the Plus).

From an animation/art and control scheme point of view, it would be incredibly simple (far simpler than a beat em up) as it's just one type of character with lots of moves using the fire button, double taps etc to execute those moves. But it would definitely be a programming nightmare trying to get a number of sprites on screen at the same time, A.I, the goal keeper, scrolling etc.

I must admit to never being a fan of top down football games. They just never felt right as I could never really keep track of what was going on and just felt like I was pinballing my way through the playing field.

@macdeath: Dont like that game at all! ;D

steve

If anyone is looking for a programming challenge, they might try to recreate the original football game which, if memory serves had the goal areas either half a mile or three miles apart, I'm not sure which, and there were hundreds of players in the game.

trocoloco

Quote from: steve on 16:04, 23 January 11
If anyone is looking for a programming challenge, they might try to recreate the original football game which, if memory serves had the goal areas either half a mile or three miles apart, I'm not sure which, and there were hundreds of players in the game.

you are talking about tehkan world cup on which you could score from almost your house and in the 5,6 and 7th rounds about 200 players are running behind you trying to get the ball

ukmarkh

Only one footy game should ever be considered for the CPC... Sensible Soccer. Screw Kick-Off and that other tripe mentioned earlier.  ;)

Gryzor

Oooooh now! KO beat the pants off SC!

(let the flame begin)

redbox

I always preferred KO (well KO2 anyway).  Depends on what you played at the time I guess...  8)

TFM

Flamewar? You like one? Ok! Let's got for it! Fuck the c64! Offensive comments welcome!
TFM of FutureSoft

ukmarkh

Quote from: TFM/FS on 21:33, 25 January 11
Flamewar? You like one? Ok! Let's got for it! Fuck the c64! Offensive comments welcome!

There's always one that lowers the tone. Tut tut

TFM

Quote from: ukmarkh on 23:20, 25 January 11
There's always one that lowers the tone. Tut tut

Meep, Meep... Roadrunner on the run...
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

Is it me or is the C64 palette unfit for good looking games ?

Also C64 graphicians should learn for once that they try too hard coloured gradiants in 9 levels  but mix every thing with greys... this is not a proper colour gradient...

brown+"red"+grey ? urk...

:P