News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Carnivac's CPC pixels

Started by Carnivius, 12:14, 03 June 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:23, 13 June 13
Hey, don't get offended :) People will tell their opinion no matter what, and in any case feedback here has been overwhelmingly positive :) No need for you to get demoralized just because someone thinks something could be a bit better! :)

Not offended.  Just fed up.  I think since this is MY project that nobody's paying me money to do and is my hobby to relax and have something creative to do and take my mind of the crap that's going on in my life, perhaps I should sometimes say SHUT UP and let me do what I bloody want.  Thing is it's been about really obnoxiously picky things like the scanlines aren't quite authentic (so I then added extra options despite the fact as a player I will never likely use them) or the frame is taking up supposedly valuable play area (which was only commented on after I already made a MUCH bigger play area).  Ugh... and it's trying to please everyone that's got me beginning to resent this project.  This is meant to be my little project to escape into away from my problems for a bit each day.  That's all.  Nothing special. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Well, you can always lock the topic and be the only one posting in it? I think so, at least. People would still be thrilled to see it to its completion.

TotO

Quote from: Carnivac on 18:35, 13 June 13
Not offended.  Just fed up.  I think since this is MY project that nobody's paying me money to do and is my hobby to relax and have something creative to do and take my mind of the crap that's going on in my life, perhaps I should sometimes say SHUT UP and let me do what I bloody want. 
So, please, don't ask to peoples if they like or something else... Bye.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Please people let's calm down here...

Carnivius

Quote from: TotO on 18:45, 13 June 13
So, please, don't ask to peoples if they like or something else... Bye.

No... what I was saying was...  I can't just let other people dictate what I do.  At the end of the day it's MY decision. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:39, 13 June 13
Well, you can always lock the topic and be the only one posting in it? I think so, at least. People would still be thrilled to see it to its completion.

Nah, it's ok.  I'll take a time out and come back when I've got something worth posting like an actual level.  I'm sure everyone's as sick of seeing the same couple screens as I am.  :)   

Take care, folks.  8)

fano

Serious discussion for a so small frame  :o
About this one , just a technical argument as i am not game designer but only a poor programmer  :laugh:
Problem with this frame is you will lost hability to do easily hardware scrolling.
I could speak more about realistic playfield size (surface can go up to 1024 chars) and panel size but it is only for 128K or ROM games so i think you'll not be interested as i understood you want to make only a 64K compatible version.I have no problem with this as it is your choice, just a shame as your graphics are georgeous.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

redbox

Would be nice to see this game finished as the graphics are great.

I would have thought that by posting the previews on a forum you would be wanting and welcoming comment on them.

Also, by stating (again on a forum) that you aren't sure about the actual CPCs capabilities would also infer that you might need some help with this aspect of the game design, which is what people have been trying to help you with.

It would be a good idea to embrace this community as it's a valuable resource full of very talented people. And hey, it's always much more fun to create something together. 

Puresox

It's looking great chap , don't pressure yourself on perfection , not sure how many games you have developed on the Amstrad, but your never gonna hit the spot with everyone , just satisfy yourself , not easy if your a perfectionist but, as long as it is a step forward from your last project on cpc I suppose. It is great to see development of this calibre still going on , so I am sure more people will be pleased with the results than not.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: Carnivac on 18:55, 13 June 13
No... what I was saying was...  I can't just let other people dictate what I do.  At the end of the day it's MY decision.

Damn right! You do what you want to do. I like the higher screen myself, I think it will allow for some interesting platform designs for a flip-screen platformer.

Great graphics btw.