News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Carnivac's CPC pixels

Started by Carnivius, 12:14, 03 June 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

Ya know what?  RoboCop is one of those movies where, when trying to get some useful screencaps for reference, it's REALLY difficult to not just keep watching the scene, then the next scene, and the next until you've reached the end credits.  I've watched it almost all the way through six times in last few days.  :)

Still, my new mock up is coming along very well. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Carnivac, I pray your efforts bear some fruits. CoPrCo is fantastic, to say the least, so getting anything out of it for the actual CPC would be huge...

PS Oh, also, I love your Twitter avatar :D

Gryzor

We get it, you like the movie :D

Huh, with all this pixel loving, I had this idea of someone drawing many of us in pixel-style and putting us in a scene from a game...

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:09, 04 July 12
Carnivac, I pray your efforts bear some fruits. CoPrCo is fantastic, to say the least, so getting anything out of it for the actual CPC would be huge...

PS Oh, also, I love your Twitter avatar :D

I didn't want you meant by 'CoPrCo' til it hit me and that's quite a nice abbreviation of it to use here to distinguise it from talk about the CPC itself.  I shall use that if you don't mind.

My Twitter avatar?  The Doctor Who one in the green coat and cowboy hat that Twitter's blurred all out of shape? 

We're so off-topic here.  Feel like I should my last few conversations cut from here and put into my Duckula/RoboCop topic.  Feels rude to talk about my stuff in sigh's very cool looking football game topic (again said as someone who doesn't even like football, I really want to play it) .
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Yeah, first I typed "CPC" and immediately saw the problem. And, erm, yeah, I don't hold the copyright to that :D

Yes, the Dr Who one, and yes, you're right, so I'll be splitting this topic if you don't mind (not sure if I can merge it with the other thread though, so what title should it have?)...

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:22, 04 July 12
Yes, the Dr Who one, and yes, you're right, so I'll be splitting this topic if you don't mind (not sure if I can merge it with the other thread though, so what title should it have?)...

I'm not sure.  I was hoping it could be added onto the end of my topic but it's up to you what you call it.  You're the webmaster here.  :)

By the way have you seen my site with that Doctor Who sprite not-blurred-all-to-hell, and many other sprites in the series? Is The Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery if you haven't.   And if you have... well... cool.  :D

I'll shush now while you do your thing. 

edit: oh that was cool, when I put in the link it actually renamed it as the actual webpage's title when I posted.  That's nifty.  This site's got far better and more intelligent text editor than most forums I've been to.

Gryzor

Fan-ta-stic job with those sprites! Man, your work is really great...

And yes, all links are automagically converted, though it's not the editor but a forum mod that does that...

Ok, gonna split the thing now.

Carnivius

Ah that's better.  All my crud in one topic.   :)

In unrelated news, I got 5 out of the 6 numbers in the national lottery last night.  So close to being a millionaire but given how broke I've been for a long time the £1412 I did win sure will help me a lot.  :D

mr_lou

Quote from: Carnivac on 08:39, 05 July 12In unrelated news, I got 5 out of the 6 numbers in the national lottery last night.  So close to being a millionaire but given how broke I've been for a long time the £1412 I did win sure will help me a lot.  :D

Cool! Now quit your job and start doing CPC graphics full time!

Carnivius

Quote from: mr_lou on 08:43, 05 July 12
Cool! Now quit your job and start doing CPC graphics full time!

heh, what job?  I'm poor because I can't find any work in this little town and the public transport is overpriced and unreliable and keeps cutting more buses (and we have no train station despite the fact I hear the train passing through here every hour).

I'm gonna use the money to get myself driving finally.  Need to work out how much to get all lessons and tests paid for, and a cheap second hand car and insurance and all the rest.   Basically I see this good luck money as a way to get me finding a job outside of this town and make some more money.  There's always loads more opportunities for people who can drive.  Both in work and social life.

Gryzor

Good luck mate, this is a nice push and maybe just what you need :) All the best!

Bryce

Quote from: Carnivac on 08:39, 05 July 12
Ah that's better.  All my crud in one topic.   :)

In unrelated news, I got 5 out of the 6 numbers in the national lottery last night.  So close to being a millionaire but given how broke I've been for a long time the £1412 I did win sure will help me a lot.  :D

Congratulations. But £1412 seems very little for 5 correct numbers, was the total prize (for 6 numbers) also very low, or did 20,000 other people also get 5 correct? It's still a great win, but it's not enough to get you a badly painted gold C64 glued to a piece of glass...  WERTVOLLES SAMMLERSTÜCK:ORIGINAL COMMODORE C 64 C64 GOLDENE EDITION GOLD GOLDEN

Bryce.

Gryzor

Aw, c'mon man, don't ruin his dreams...

Carnivius

Quote from: Bryce on 10:49, 05 July 12
Congratulations. But £1412 seems very little for 5 correct numbers, was the total prize (for 6 numbers) also very low, or did 20,000 other people also get 5 correct? It's still a great win, but it's not enough to get you a badly painted gold C64 glued to a piece of glass...  WERTVOLLES SAMMLERSTÜCK:ORIGINAL COMMODORE C 64 C64 GOLDENE EDITION GOLD GOLDEN

Bryce.

No.  I saw the breakdown for this week's prizes.  And I'm one of 282 people who got the 5 numbers.  6 numbers gets you the million or so, 5 numbers plus the bonus ball gets you about £150,000.  Five numbers gets £1412 this week.  And I'm happy.  See, I don't like too much money.  Even when I was homeless twelve years ago I never begged for money, I just found my own ways to get by.  I wouldn't want to be a millionaire.  There seems to be little satisfaction after the initial thrill, there's no sense I really earned that much, no real goals to achieve and I have already had insecurities in the past about who I can trust and can't trust and becoming rich would bring those issues back in force.  Also I like to earn my money.  Even when my health got so bad that I got put on incapacity benefits (what they put disabled people on to get extra £25 a week benefits) I argued with them about it and they said just use to help relax and keep on top of bills but I ended up donating most of it to worthier charities.  This £1412 is enough for me.  It's a chance to get driving so I can find work.  The town I live in has pretty much nothing in it.  Hardly any shops and relatively few businesses.  The buses even to the next town are expensive and you're lucky if they even turn up at the hour they're supposed to.  We have a train line here that's in use but there's not been a station here for decades so the train never stops.  I hear it every hour and get frustrated I can't just jump on it.   I want to earn my way but the thing holding me back is the fact I feel somewhat trapped in this place.  On a week where I found myself broke (even selling of half of my Transformers didn't help) and struggling even to pay the £20 cast fee for my play I'm in I'm overjoyed to find I can relax for a bit and plan a way to get more mobile and open up a whole new world of opportunities to earn my way through my own life.  This money is a nice boost to help me get moving onwards and up.

That C64 is very odd.  But then I wouldn't even want to own a C64 at all, even if I was paid to take it off someone.  I already have enough door-stops.  :)

Bryce

Sounds like you know how to spend it best. Good luck with the job search.

Bryce.

P.s. C64s make crap doorstops, if it's a doorstop you're looking for, I'd advise you to use a different 8-Bit: http://oldcomputers.net/pics/ZX81-doorstop.jpg

Carnivius

Quote from: Bryce on 11:30, 05 July 12

P.s. C64s make crap doorstops, if it's a doorstop you're looking for, I'd advise you to use a different 8-Bit: http://oldcomputers.net/pics/ZX81-doorstop.jpg

Aw, I actually feel sorry for that ZX81 there.  Used to have one though I never really used it much.  Was my dad's first computer before he bought us the CPC.  Was the CPC that got me into computers at the time.  Probably because of all the lovely colours that caught my eye (mostly on the screen but partially the keyboard too).

Bryce

It's a cruel picture admittedly, but I also still own, but rarely use a ZX81 (with 16K RAMPack!) too.

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 11:30, 05 July 12
Argh! The horror, the pain! Why do people do this? Heartless bastards! It's got a Z80, fer chrissakes!
* MaV faints.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

Quote from: MaV on 12:33, 05 July 12
Why do people do this?

Because a C64 doesn't fit under the door?

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 12:46, 05 July 12
Because a C64 doesn't fit under the door?
True.

But if anyone here is seriously thinking about using a ZX81 as a doorstop, I'll send them a wedge free of charge in exchange for the ZX81. ;)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

I wonder if anyone's actually built a bread bin out of a c64?

Carnivius

Ironic this topic was moved and had bits of another topic moved into it that were considered off-topic in their original thread that this topic itself is now going off-topic.  My CPC pixelling -->  Storing bread in a C64.   Hehe.

Gryzor

"We are a dynamically evolving community embracing fluidity and change". Or something :D

Yes, you're right, but off-topic posts sometimes hurt more than others. If you want me to clean up anything, there's always the "report" button :)

Carnivius

nah I'm cool.  I'll bring it right back on topic when I post my next piece anyways.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus