News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

A Tribute to the Sister WIP-Demo

Started by Tolkin, 12:55, 01 June 09

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 06:16, 17 September 09
Heeeey :) This is not a thread about those issues, though I feel you are right in that respect. I'll reinstate the article, but why won't you release it?

Right, probably it was going too far. However that's the way a converstation can evolve ;-)

Thank's for reinsatlling the article, give me two weeks, to release a version of GSEd. It will be available only in german at the moment, since I lack time. I have to present my work (aging research) soon, and there is much to do. So please be patient some days... Thank's and I appreciate your help. TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Language is not an issue, though it'd be nice to have it in english.

Don't take too long with the aging research, you only have about 50 years to find the secret :D

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:34, 18 September 09
Language is not an issue, though it'd be nice to have it in english.

Don't take too long with the aging research, you only have about 50 years to find the secret :D

Well, since I found Vitamine B17 working against cancer, there is a chance for aging research too ;-)

However, GSEd is hereby released. I added Icetown, an winter-set of icons, that we will probably not use (despite the fact that I like it very much). Icetown is ideal to learn to use GSEd, I hope at least ;-) You may have to create some mirrors of some icons with OCP. An Iconset and a Map is already created.

Sorry, at the moment only in german. If there is some interrest (after people had a look at GSEd), I'll create the english version too.

Any questions? Just ask here.

Now I think about a release of Kane too. Thats our Sprite-Grabber and Move-Manager, it does the lowest part of NPCs artificial intelligence. But I think step by step... let's see if there is interrest at all.

Oh, before I forget it... If somebody will create a real map with GSEd, just write me a mail and I'll send you a kind of our game-engine, means then you have a 50% finished game.

Bye,
TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 06:19, 17 September 09Btw, I restored GSed, please add more info!!!

@Gryzor: Sorry to bother you with that...  However, the GSEd article was again put to "Articles for deletion" and then protected from Markus. Think that there is something going wrong.

I tried to add weblinks and some informations, but I have no access.

May you can help with that problem or give me some kind of influence on the wiki, to be able to care about it.

Bye,
TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:51, 23 September 09
@Gryzor: Sorry to bother you with that...  However, the GSEd article was again put to "Articles for deletion" and then protected from Markus. Think that there is something going wrong.

Unprotected it.
I protected it, because Kangaroo deleted it some days ago.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 19:18, 23 September 09
Unprotected it.
I protected it, because Kangaroo deleted it some days ago.

Sorry, I didn't saw it in the history, will try to make the article ok now.

Can't believe that kangaroo tried to erase the site (again) directly after the release of the software. That's crazy. However he's good in erasing his own traces of his bad deeds.

Thanks for the help,
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Hey, add some screenshots! :) Oh, and release an english version too! :)

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 05:41, 24 September 09
Hey, add some screenshots! :) Oh, and release an english version too! :)

Yes Sir ;-)

... but is there a manual, that explains how to add a picture?

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:39, 24 September 09
... but is there a manual, that explains how to add a picture?

Ok, found how to do it. Hope the gfx are ok. Bye the way, I uploaded a wrong pic, how can I delete it? That's something I didn't find.

TFM of FutureSoft

nurgle

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:39, 24 September 09
Yes Sir ;-)
Wrong. It's

SIR, YES, SIR!

Sorry could not resist. ;-)

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:05, 24 September 09
Ok, found how to do it. Hope the gfx are ok. Bye the way, I uploaded a wrong pic, how can I delete it? That's something I didn't find.

Upload new version should do it.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 09:35, 25 September 09
Upload new version should do it.

Well, not in this case: I uploaded a .BMP first, then I saw (too late) that the sysem likes .JPG more, so I uploaded four .JPG pics, but I couldn't replace the .BMP pic because the end of the filename is different. However GSED_1.BMP can be deleted. Tell me how and I do it. Or save your time to explain this to me :-)
Have a wonderful weekend!
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:31, 25 September 09
Well, not in this case: I uploaded a .BMP first, then I saw (too late) that the sysem likes .JPG more, so I uploaded four .JPG pics, but I couldn't replace the .BMP pic because the end of the filename is different. However GSED_1.BMP can be deleted. Tell me how and I do it. Or save your time to explain this to me :-)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Any hint how I can delete the .BMP file (since it is unused).

Coming closer to that thread, did somebody try GSEd? Any comments, suggestions?
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Update of the WIP has been released at 31.12.2009
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 05:19, 24 August 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfZsoN4wrU

Niiiice! I dig the tune, too!

Two notes: except for the last monster (where you lose), I think that the other monsters should kill you too, the way you land on them. Hitting them from the side should not kill the monsters...

Also: I know it's a big change, but it'd be great if the screen scrolled upwards/downwards a bit when you jump, as to enhance the jumping feeling...

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 05:24, 25 August 10
Niiiice! I dig the tune, too!

;D ;D ;D

Two notes: except for the last monster (where you lose), I think that the other monsters should kill you too, the way you land on them. Hitting them from the side should not kill the monsters...

At the moment you (or your small friend Giana) kill the monster if your Y position is higher than that of the monster. If the monster has an equal or higher Y pos. it will kill you.
BTW: It's measured from "the feet" else Giana would kill everything smaller.

Shall I change it? Hmm, in which way?
Shall Giana kill monsters only when X is pretty much the same ???
Or shall a kind of angle be used, that must be higher than 45 degrees???
:o ??? :-\  - any good idea welcome

Also: I know it's a big change, but it'd be great if the screen scrolled upwards/downwards a bit when you jump, as to enhance the jumping feeling...

Do you mean the screen should make a kind of "shake" when Giana lands again on the floor?

In Game Over, there is a big monster, when it jumps and falls back - exactly when it hits the floor then the screen "shakes" up and down a bit. Do you think about something like this?

Hope I got it ???
TFM of FutureSoft

ivarf

Thanks for the video! The game looks nice  ;D

When the game and editor is released, perhaps someone could try to step on Nintendos toes even more and give us SuperMario  ;D

TFM

Quote from: ivarf on 12:14, 26 August 10
Thanks for the video! The game looks nice  ;D

When the game and editor is released, perhaps someone could try to step on Nintendos toes even more and give us SuperMario  ;D

Well, our plans after finishing Giana Sisters is a big Role Play Game (parts of is already exist. See: www.Gerelakos.de), but who knows? If Tolkin likes to paint Mario Brothers... On the other hand remakes are (and I'm only talking about myself) not sooo much my thing. I have ideas enought for new games, but only I miss the time. ... One of my ideas is a game, calles 39 seconds (that's the time you have to survive), it has nothing to do with dead in time btw.
It's all about very fast vertical scrolling... Don't know if I really create it.
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:50, 25 August 10

;D ;D ;D

At the moment you (or your small friend Giana) kill the monster if your Y position is higher than that of the monster. If the monster has an equal or higher Y pos. it will kill you.
BTW: It's measured from "the feet" else Giana would kill everything smaller.

Shall I change it? Hmm, in which way?
Shall Giana kill monsters only when X is pretty much the same ???
Or shall a kind of angle be used, that must be higher than 45 degrees???
:o ??? :-\  - any good idea welcome

At the moment, from the looks of it, monsters are killed if you jump *at* them, but it should be *on* them. I'm not sure how you define the y position. I mean, the lowest pixel of Gianna should be higher than the highest pixel of a monster, but it doesn't look like it?

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:50, 25 August 10
Do you mean the screen should make a kind of "shake" when Giana lands again on the floor?

No - though it'd be nice, I mean that when you jump the whole screen should scroll a bit upwards while you're in the air. Effectively, Gianna should occupy a more or less stable Y position on the screen. Is this clear or am I talking nonsense? :D

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM/FS on 05:20, 27 August 10
One of my ideas is a game, calles 39 seconds (that's the time you have to survive), it has nothing to do with dead in time btw.
It's all about very fast vertical scrolling... Don't know if I really create it.
Those two sentences about your game idea....
I'm hooked already. I hope you can make this game.

I hope this game is not too complex so it could be made fast (compared to your other games).
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Axelay

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:59, 27 August 10
At the moment, from the looks of it, monsters are killed if you jump *at* them, but it should be *on* them. I'm not sure how you define the y position. I mean, the lowest pixel of Gianna should be higher than the highest pixel of a monster, but it doesn't look like it?

Cant see the video, but from the descriptions, I'd hazard a guess that Giana is killing right from the moment she jumps, so maybe she should need to be "higher" and "descending"?

Quote from: TFM/FS on 05:20, 27 August 10

One of my ideas is a game, calles 39 seconds (that's the time you have to survive), it has nothing to do with dead in time btw.

A very important question.  Will there be shooting?  ;)

TFM

Ok, no problem, in this case I just have to adapt the Y-difference.

No - though it'd be nice, I mean that when you jump the whole screen should scroll a bit upwards while you're in the air. Effectively, Gianna should occupy a more or less stable Y position on the screen. Is this clear or am I talking nonsense? :D

Crystal clear ;-) And a good idea. However this would make additional work, because our levels have just the size you can see. I'll talk with Tolkin, let's see what he things...

@Tolkin: Comment here please...

A funny thing is though - at an early stage of the developpment we *had* that bigger levels (bigger in Y). But I cut it down to save RAM. I mean 128 KB is not much ...

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:11, 27 August 10
Those two sentences about your game idea....
I'm hooked already. I hope you can make this game.

Ok, I'll make it :-) The CPC community is so small that you usually have 0.036 people who like an idea. So since you like this idea, already 1.00 people like it - that's very much! So I have to do it :-)

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:11, 27 August 10
I hope this game is not too complex so it could be made fast (compared to your other games).

You're right indeed. Not complex at all. Well, maybe for the guy who has to do the gfx *hehehe* - not my problem, I'm nothing but the coder ;-)

But seriously, complexity or whatever is not the problem. I work 7 day a week, come home more often at 10 p.m or 11 p.m. And then I still spend an hour or two for the CPC (or just fall asleep), but late at the day it's hard 2BE productive U-KNOW. So please don't expect miracles, especially not in this year.

Quote from: Axelay on 10:06, 27 August 10
A very important question.  Will there be shooting?  ;)

Well, only if my gfx-wizard Tolkin paints the shots ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:31, 27 August 10

Crystal clear ;-) And a good idea. However this would make additional work, because our levels have just the size you can see. I'll talk with Tolkin, let's see what he things...

Yeah, that';s why I said it'd take lots of work. However, instead of adding gfx to the top to compensate for the movement and creating a higher level, you could just paint the top of the screen sky-blue or something, nothing else? There's no need for it to have elements...

rexbeng

Hi guys. The scroll looks really smooth, good job!  ;D
But plz plz plz, do something about the graphics. They need some retouching (I think the clouds need it more than anything else I see).

regards,
rb