News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Best 2 players games (to beat an eleven years old monster)

Started by genesis8, 18:44, 23 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

genesis8

Hi,

Being beaten to pulp by a monster of 11 years old on PS3 and xbox 360, I would like to know what you think are the best 2 players games (like the way of the exploding fist) to be able to recover a little bit of my honor.

Thanks in advance.

tastefulmrship

Harvey Headbanger was always a great competition game we used to play as kids.
I was crap at it, though!

trocoloco

i remember good fun on 2 players games like  Psycho Pig Uxb, Best of the Best, IK+, Ping Pong , Barbarian (Of course), BMX Simulator and oh yess Rampage and Ramparts!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 18:50, 23 November 14
Harvey Headbanger was always a great competition game we used to play as kids.
I was crap at it, though!
Could not agree more. Harvey is one of the best 2 player games on any system ever.

Although I'd also put Gauntlet (and Deeper Dungeons) in the list too.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

robcfg

villain

Battle mode of Megablasters. Doesn't matter if you find two other monsters who play with you. :-)

TFM

There was this game with the helicopter and the truck... SWIV or something similar.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Zoe Robinson

I have to suggest Spitting Image but with the proviso that the 11 year old can only choose characters he can tell you something about ;)

Aside from that, Gauntlet is always a brilliant choice. Penguins is a fun choice too, as is Forgotten Worlds and Silkworm.

Carnivius

Is it just 2 player games in general?  Or is it just the ones where you gotta beat the other player as opposed to co-operating?
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

villain

Quote from: TFM on 19:28, 25 November 14
There was this game with the helicopter and the truck... SWIV or something similar.

Could also be Silkworm, where you'll have to collaborate.

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: villain on 22:50, 25 November 14

Could also be Silkworm, where you'll have to collaborate.

SWIV was a sequel to Silkworm, as I recall. Didn't it stand for SilkWorm IV?

Bryce

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 11:42, 26 November 14

Then what did SWIV II mean? :D

SWIV supposedly stood for "Special Weapons Intercept Vehicles"

Bryce.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Bryce on 11:47, 26 November 14
SWIV supposedly stood for "Special Weapons Intercept Vehicles"Bryce.
SWIV was never really meant to be a sequel.

Carnivius

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

villain

Wikipedia knows a few things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silkworm_(video_game))

tastefulmrship

... anyway... going back to 2 player competitive games;

Sai Combat (or any 2 player fight game; Barbarian, IK, IK+, WotEF, etc)
Scalextric (came free with my 6128... back in the day and in modern times!)
Spy Vs Spy (any of the three really, but I particularly love the ROM version of the original)
Western Games (very pretty for a 1987 game)
Hotshot (make sure you change your name to TOJOI, 'cos he's the best character to play as)
Anything that has the words 'SIMULATOR' and 'CODEMASTERS' in it... as theses games were all pretty much the same game with different MODE 1 sprites; not unlike EA Sports games of these modern times! ^_^

Shaun M. Neary

I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned any of the following yet...

Target Renegade
Yie Ar Kung Fu
Operation Thunderbolt
IK+

Edit: Ok so IK+ was mentioned... my bad!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

TFM

Both actually provide nice two player modes.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mahlemiut

Rampage and Target Renegade were among my favourites back in the day, and some IK+ didn't go amiss either.
- Barry Rodewald

Carnivius

Quote from: mahlemiut on 02:35, 28 November 14
Rampage and Target Renegade were among my favourites back in the day, and some IK+ didn't go amiss either.

Rampage was a popular one in my house because it's one of those games that is technically co-operative but getting into fights with the other players makes it even more fun. 

This is also why we need that cngsoft Parasol Stars.  Another great game for 2 players where they can screw each other over (being able to pick up your 'friend' and throw them across the screen and all the bonuses they collect go into your score, is just so sweeeeet).

TFM

OMG! Your species is so violent. How can you humans survive in the galaxy when you are busy fighting each other.  :o
TFM of FutureSoft