News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ACU Anthologies, Volumes 1 & 2

Started by mintsauce, 14:18, 09 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

mintsauce

Hi all, lifelong Amstrad fan here.

I've been having a bit of a clear out and came across my old Amstrad games, which of course was wonderful and very nostalgic.

However, in amongst the treasure was a pair of compilation discs that I used to play all the time and have never managed to find on any modern CPC websites. They're compilations of small games which I think were published in Amstrad Computer User. I've seen a couple of ACU compilations on places like TACGR, but I've checked and they do not contain the same games.

I can't remember what exactly is on each one, but I know the games include Space Mania, Splatch, Galaxian's Revenge, Frootee, N-Sub, Pac Caverns, Crazy Legs, Duck Dodgers, and others. Tons of fun.

Does anyone know if a disc image of these compilations exists? If not, would anyone with the necessary tools be interested in dumping / archiving them?
edit - I'm not actually sure if they still work, but they were kept nicely in cases so hopefully they should still be OK!

robcfg

Hello, and welcome to the Forum!

I think you'll find the games in CPC-Power. For example, I searched for "Space Mania" and got it: http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=3463

If not all of them, maybe you'll find most. Anyway it would be nice to have a dump and pictures of the original disks. May I ask where do you live? I live in Spain and I could do it for you, but if someone of the forum lives nearer, it would be cheaper and safer for the disks.

mintsauce

Quote from: robcfg on 14:48, 09 August 11
Hello, and welcome to the Forum!

I think you'll find the games in CPC-Power. For example, I searched for "Space Mania" and got it: http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=3463

If not all of them, maybe you'll find most. Anyway it would be nice to have a dump and pictures of the original disks. May I ask where do you live? I live in Spain and I could do it for you, but if someone of the forum lives nearer, it would be cheaper and safer for the disks.

Yup, I do have a few of them, e.g. Space Mania. Some of them are available individually. Would still be nice to have the rest backed up forever though!

I'm in the UK. If no-one closer can do it then maybe we can sort something out. Thanks!

Jase

Quote from: mintsauce on 14:55, 09 August 11
Yup, I do have a few of them, e.g. Space Mania. Some of them are available individually. Would still be nice to have the rest backed up forever though!
I'm in the UK. If no-one closer can do it then maybe we can sort something out. Thanks!
I'm in the UK, and can do it... but am I trustworthy  8)

mintsauce

Quote from: Jase on 17:03, 09 August 11
I'm in the UK, and can do it... but am I trustworthy  8)
Haha, well, I don't know, I am new after all!

If you wouldn't mind giving it a try, I'd be unbelievably grateful. If you PM me your address I'll pop them in the post to you.

Jase

Well, I am sort of new here too. I've lurked for ages, and occasionally post a message.

Yes, I'll definitely give it a go. I can do the scanning of artwork too so we have full documentation of them. I'll send them back to you as soon as I have finished with them.

p.m. on it's way.

Bryce

Well Jase, you may be new and in the UK, but that fact that you were online here the last few nights instead of setting fire to things and raiding your local Curry's would suggest that you're not all that bad :D

I think he could trust you.

Bryce.

Jase

Quote from: Bryce on 13:43, 10 August 11
Well Jase, you may be new and in the UK, but that fact that you were online here the last few nights instead of setting fire to things and raiding your local Curry's would suggest that you're not all that bad :D

I think he could trust you.

Bryce.
Ahh, my trusty "Acme A.I. Forum Allibi Bot" (tm) has worked wonders....

Who wants to buy a PS3??? Going cheap, slightly crispy at the edges  :-X

Gryzor

Bryce, who told you he's not writing on his brand, brand new PC or Mac right now?

Or, hey, he could be the ring leader.

PS no looting last night?

mintsauce

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update, thanks to Jase we now have disc images of the two compilations, both working perfectly.

I've sent a PM to Gryzor so hopefully they should soon be available to all.  ;D

Gryzor

Yup, I'll see if I can up them tonight, otherwise tomorrow. That was quite some fun, thanks to you for the disks and to Jase for dumping them, we're grateful :)