Author Topic: Throne Legacy  (Read 10629 times)

Offline Mr. DVG

• CPC6128
    • Il Dizionario dei VideoGiochi
    • Awards
Re: Throne Legacy
« Reply #50 on: 04:45, 29 March 21 »
Hi,
i have just finished version 1.2, here the release note :
- Jumps use stamina more than walking (prevent not losing life just moving by long jump).
- Add consumation level to each individual torch in inventory.
- Prevent reloading torch consumation by putting torch on wall and taking it back.

I will send this (final!!!) version to bitmapsoft.uk to make the physical version of Throne Legacy.
A very nice game that gets better and better with each new release, really well done! :P

I just report some small inaccuracies!

All phrases showing "PER" must be replaced with "A CURA DI" in the initial introduction of the Italian version, in order to have a more correct translation. For example: INTRO "A CURA DI" KUKULCAN e TITAN, TEST "A CURA DI" SLT, etc.

In the attached screenshot I think there is a bug in the text display! (it doesn't read well, but the correct translation could be: "TOOL UTILIZZATI CPCTELERA E ARKOS"?)  ;)

« Last Edit: 04:53, 29 March 21 by Mr. DVG »
No reactions

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 19:17, 29 March 21 »
I just report some small inaccuracies!
Thanks a lot @Mr. DVG.

Are you also preparing a tape version?
Here all cdt, one per language.

Hope all is Ok. I was too lazy to make a generation script for all languages, i regret not having done it  :doh:
No reactions

Offline MiguelSky

• 464 Plus
    • CPCGamesCD
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 23:38, 29 March 21 »
Great! Thanks :)
No reactions

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 22:33, 10 September 21 »
Really, really good longplay (in french) of Throne Legacy with map and commentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6sZayPzRUg

Thanks a lot AyorSaeba, it takes a lot of time to make game and i am really happy to see this kind of video  :D
« Last Edit: 22:38, 10 September 21 by Arnaud »
No reactions

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 10:54, 11 September 21 »
An excellent game indeed. I was very close to the end (I missed the secret keyhole...). As I'm playing on a real CPC, I didn't cheat with snapshots, and the torch management (with the "winds" turning them off) is rather unforgiving and always ruined my attempts to finish the game. @Arnaud, if you can, please add a save system in your next game :).
No reactions
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 11:03, 11 September 21 »
An excellent game indeed. I was very close to the end (I missed the secret keyhole...). As I'm playing on a real CPC, I didn't cheat with snapshots, and the torch management (with the "winds" turning them off) is rather unforgiving and always ruined my attempts to finish the game. @Arnaud, if you can, please add a save system in your next game :).

To solve the wind trap, in my mind it just have to put a torch on wall directly when enter (there is a place for it in each room) then no obscurity problem.

Yes i really want to have used a save system (and i really need it for my next game) but the eternal problem is, where can i put my file read/write code in my already full memory  ;D
By the way there is interesting solution here https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/using-disc-via-firmware/msg205923/#msg205923
« Last Edit: 11:19, 11 September 21 by Arnaud »
No reactions

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 13:47, 11 September 21 »
By the way there is interesting solution here
Yes I know, I'm the one who provided the T&J link :).

Also, instead of a save system, it is possible to have a code system based on a hash with your inventory, energy, etc. (plus a small checksum to prevent hackers!). It works very fine for a game that doesn't have many flags or data to save.
No reactions
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Offline cperezgrin

• CPC464
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 10:33, 22 October 21 »
The video is in Spanish (sorry) I hope google auto-translation works. But in a few words: Very great adventure. I really enjoy exploring the castle with this big guy. I played v1.1 because I notice some strange behavior with the torches in v1.2. One run off, then I lit another new one, and in a few seconds it also blew out.
The only thing I don't like is when you suddenly turn into darkness. Maybe some indicator o some twinkle effect could advise you that the torch is near to the end. Also, a few times, I notice the energy starts to decrease one by one without reason. I'm not talking about the 5% drop by time, just 1% steps but very fast. When you move the character then it stops. Very strange.
Congratulations for the game, It was really fun. I hope we can see another game of yours next month.

https://youtu.be/cOcpnGuA_BE
Members reacted like:
XeNoMoRPH,ComSoft6128,Nich,Arnaud,

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 19:28, 22 October 21 »
Hi @cperezgrin, thanks very much for making a video on Throne Legacy.

With v1.2 the torches from the walls are old and practically burn out, unlike those in the store.
I have not found a way (ie without use more memory) to differentiate them in the inventory and i agree that the state of the torches is not easily seen although it can be seen in hand (see picture).
torch_.png
* torch_.png
(Filesize: 0.53 KB, Dimensions: 144x108, Views: 182)

I should have simply draw a bar of life under the torch in inventory.

Concerning the energy decreasing too fast is in darkness with eyes ? They are monster's eyes and it is killing player, i should have add to text to explain what's happened.

I have rpg in progress (too big in fact), but i fear it will never fit in 64kb.
« Last Edit: 19:44, 22 October 21 by Arnaud »
Members reacted like:
Gryzor,ervin,ComSoft6128,

Offline cperezgrin

• CPC464
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 20:57, 22 October 21 »
Ah, that must happen. The second torch I used was from the wall and that's why it burnt out quickly. I didn't know there was a difference between them and the store ones.
I also didn't notice there was a different flame when it was nearly to burn out, my fault.
No, the energy decreasing was in a normal room. It was very strange because it happens randomly.Instead of the normal drop of 4%, it decreases one by one.81% => 77% normal81% => 80% => 79% => 78% => ...Unfortunately, I don't have any clip with that behavior
Good news you're working on a new project, although can't fit in a 464. I suppose you have tried compression.

Members reacted like:
Arnaud,

Offline ervin

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: Yesterday at 06:36 »
Hi @cperezgrin, thanks very much for making a video on Throne Legacy.

With v1.2 the torches from the walls are old and practically burn out, unlike those in the store.
I have not found a way (ie without use more memory) to differentiate them in the inventory and i agree that the state of the torches is not easily seen although it can be seen in hand (see picture).

I should have simply draw a bar of life under the torch in inventory.

Concerning the energy decreasing too fast is in darkness with eyes ? They are monster's eyes and it is killing player, i should have add to text to explain what's happened.

I have rpg in progress (too big in fact), but i fear it will never fit in 64kb.

Hi Arnaud.

That's really exciting to hear, about your RPG in progress.
How is it coming along?
Any screenshots to share?  ;D

Are you entering cpcretrodev this year?
I haven't had time unfortunately.
Members reacted like:
Arnaud,

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: Yesterday at 08:51 »
Hi Arnaud.

That's really exciting to hear, about your RPG in progress.
How is it coming along?
Any screenshots to share?  ;D

Are you entering cpcretrodev this year?
I haven't had time unfortunately.

Hi @ervin,
as usual I didn't think there would be so much to code and that it would take so long  :D
And the game design of a rpg is really complex.

Yes i think i will show something about the project because i am not sure it can be working on 64kb and so entering to CPCRetrodev.

Sorry you have not time to send your game cpcretrodev, have you at least started something ?
Members reacted like:
ervin,

Offline ervin

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 14:15 »
Hi @ervin,
as usual I didn't think there would be so much to code and that it would take so long  :D
And the game design of a rpg is really complex.

Yes i think i will show something about the project because i am not sure it can be working on 64kb and so entering to CPCRetrodev.

Sorry you have not time to send your game cpcretrodev, have you at least started something ?

Really looking forward to seeing what you are working on.
Your games get better and better every year.

I have spent a lot of time this year working on a game idea, but it's still only in the very early prototype stage.
It will probably take a few more months to make it into a game.

I definitely don't want to make the same mistake as last year, and end up with an interesting game technically, but a game that is incomplete.
And goatfish was very incomplete.
 :(
No reactions