News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

All games still purchasable as a physical release

Started by zhulien, 18:57, 30 March 19

Previous topic - Next topic

zhulien

Currently Available to Purchase online:
  • Anima, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • 8BP Collection Vol 1, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • 8BP Collection Vol 2, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • Brick Rick, Media: 3", Available at: Poly Play
  • Buccaneers, Media: 3", Available at: Matra
  • Chibi Akuma's, Media: 3" or 3.5", Available at: Poly Play
  • Chronicles of Nanako, Media: Tape, Available at: Bitmap Soft
  • CPC RetroDev 2017, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • CPC RetroDev 2018, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • CPC RetroDev 2019, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • CPC RetroDev 2020, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • CPC Soccer Game of Champions, Media: Tape, Available at: Bitmap Soft
  • Crazy Blaster, Media: Tape, Available at: The Future Was 8bit
  • Curse of Rabenstein, The, Media: 3"/MicroSD, Available at: Poly Play
  • The Dawn of Kernel, Media: 3"/MicroSD or 3.5"/MicroSD or Tape/MicroSD, Available at: Poly Play
  • Dead on Time, Media: Tape, Available at: Psytronik
  • Deeper Warrens, Media: ?, Available at: Phoenixware (coming soon)
  • Doomsday Lost Echos, Media: 3"/MicroSD, Available at: Poly Play
  • Duck Out, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • Eridu, Tape, Available at: AUA
  • Galactic Tomb, Media: Tape, Available at: Bitmap Soft
  • Golden Tail, Media: 3" or 3.5" or Tape, Available at: Poly Play
  • Hybernated 1, Media: 3"/MicroSD or 3.5"/MicroSD or Tape/MicroSD, Available at: Poly Play
  • Justin, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • Kitsune's Curse, Media: 3" or 3.5" or Tape, Available at: Poly Play
  • Magica, Media: 3" or Tape, Available at: Poly Play
  • Pentomino, Media: 3"/MicroSD or 3.5"/MicroSD or Tape or Tape/MicroSD, Available at: Poly Play
  • poly.play 3rd Anniversary Compilation - Limited Edition, Tape, Available at: Poly Play
  • Queen's Footsteps, The, Media: 3"/MicroSD, Available at: Poly Play
  • Red Sunset, Media: ?, Available at: Bitmap Soft (coming April 2021)
  • Relentless, Media: Tape, Available at: Psytronik
  • Rodman Special Edition, Media: Tape, Available at: The Future Was 8bit
  • Shovel Adventure, Media: Tape, Available at: Matra
  • The Smirking Horror, Media: Tape, Available at: Cronosoft
  • Star Sabre, Media: Tape, Available at: Psytronik
  • Stranded, Media: Tape, Available at: Cronosoft
  • Sub Hunter, Media: Tape, Available at: Psytronik
  • Throne Legacy, Media: ?, Available at: Bitmap Soft (coming soon)
  • Totems, Media: Tape, Available at: Bitmap Soft
Sellers / Stores:
Other Sources of Physical Games:
Recently out of stock:
Games Desired to be Physical Releases:

(the number at the front is how many people want to buy this on physical media)
  • 1 - The Adventures of Timothy Gunn
  • 1 - Alcon (Slap Fight) (by Abalore)
  • 1 - a complilation with: 18th Century Invaders, 77 Attempts, Bank, Harvest Day, Kimo Hiyoko, Legend of Steel and The Crypt
  • 1 - Crimson Knight Adventures
  • 1 - Deeper Warrens
  • 1 - Frogger (by Richard Wilson)
  • 1 - Jarlac
  • 1 - Operation Alexandra
  • 1 - Pinball Dreams (by Batman Group)
  • 1 - Red Sunset (by ESP Software)
  • 1 - Scramble (by PuzCPC)

zhulien

some sources of non-physical games:

zhulien

Thanks to those who have contributed to the list.

zhulien

I received the following from Psytronic: Dead of Time, Relentless, Star Sabre, Sub Hunter. All received no issues.

I received the following from Poly Play: Chibi Akuma's, The Dawn of Kernel.  Chibi Akuma's box squashed, contacted Poly Play, no reply now for over a month.

Nich

Quote from: zhulien on 19:35, 30 March 19
I received the following from Poly Play: Chibi Akuma's, The Dawn of Kernel.  Chibi Akuma's box squashed, contacted Poly Play, no reply now for over a month.

I'm disappointed with poly.play's customer service as well. I purchased 5 of their games at the same time (which hurt my wallet a lot!). I received them all in good condition, but:

• The Golden Tail disc was corrupted, and side B was blank. :(
  • The Doomsday Lost Echoes boot disc was in data format instead of system format, and therefore it wouldn't load properly - although I was able to rectify this problem myself.
I asked Sebastian at poly.play if he could send another label so I could copy Golden Tail on to another disc, but I haven't received one.

Later, I purchased Hibernated 1: This Place Is Death from poly.play, and there were problems with it as well:

• The disc was again in data format, so the CP/M version of the game couldn't be loaded.
  • The micro-SD card is either corrupted, damaged or unformatted. I've tried it with several devices and none of them recognise it. :(
I can't fault poly.play for the quality for their packaging, but their customer support leaves a lot to be desired.

Crazy_Borg

Haven't checked my items, my 2 boxed games from polyplay are still sealed and will stay that way. Just bought them for shelf, to be honest.And so the developers will get some money, too.

My Dawn of Kernel Box was missing the Label on the outside which version (cassette, 3.5" or 3" disk) was in there. Had to recheck with poly.play to confirm it's the one I ordered (3" disk).I have to point out their email support was fast and helpful, so no complains from me there.
words are cheap...words come and go

zhulien

Quote from: Nich on 14:53, 31 March 19
I can't fault poly.play for the quality for their packaging, but their customer support leaves a lot to be desired.

In my case the packing was just a normal paper satchel leaving the actual game box to take the full weight of whatever other postal goods is placed on it.  That is why it arrived squashed.  I have ordered actually more titles from them, but not yet arrived - hope my second purchase from them is better.  I don't blame them for the actual squashing, and I did leave comments in my second purchase that I hope their packaging is better this time.  I know companies make mistakes.

Gryzor

Never had an issue with poly.play, perhaps I was lucky?

Also, great list and great initiative. Perhaps it should go onto the wiki proper?

TotO

Sure, it will be great!
I will let you know about extra R-Type box soon.

And... Funny april fool fish. :laugh:
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:38, 01 April 19

Frenchman, by any chance? :D
I got this translation... Is Elgoog french?  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Cholo

Recall having a big fat physical Error A on my newly unrapped Star Sabre cassette. Thankfully the error was in the middel of loading the title screen & it didnt stop the game from loading, so that is probably why it snuck past error checking. Also that was the original version so just 12 years ago, how time flies  ;D

Also this may not fit on any of the lists as its not a direct cassette sale, but there is running kickstarter of the 8-bit Annual 2019 book and one of the pledges has a multiformat cassette (Polyplay 3rd Anniversary Compilation) with 8 games where 5 of them are Amstrad CPC format. So let me point out that its a kickstarter and not a "safe store" but i couldnt help thinking to myself that C64 & Spectrum users isnt getting much from that particular pledge. Also you cant get the cassette without pledging for the book, postage etc. (still, cheaper than ordering the 5 single games directly from Polyplay, lol).

Kickstarter link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/8bitmagazine/8-bit-annual-2019-hardback/description

Another that dont really fit on the lists is the possiblilty of physical version of Operation Alexandra over at 4mhz.es (that one bit was in english hehe):
https://www.4mhz.es/producto/operation-alexandra/

zhulien

I received Golden Tail and Magica today from Poly.Play - both in good shape.

zhulien

I would like to buy the following on physical media if released:

• Alcon (Slap Fight) (by Abalore)
  • Frogger (by Richard Wilson)
  • Pinball Dreams (by Batman Group)
  • Red Sunset (by ESP Software)
  • R-Type 2012
  • Scramble (by PuzCPC)

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: zhulien on 14:54, 10 April 19
I would like to buy the following on physical media if released:

• Alcon (Slap Fight) (by Abalore)
  • Frogger (by Richard Wilson)
  • Pinball Dreams (by Batman Group)
  • Red Sunset (by ESP Software)
  • R-Type 2012
  • Scramble (by PuzCPC)
Alcon (Slap Fight) (by Abalore)  ---- this will be possible
R-Type 2012 , ---- I think Toto said maybe he would make new units
there is another frogger if you like: 
https://youtu.be/nyxVv06MF7Y
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

TotO

I have found my R-Type archive box yesterday...  ;D
I will be able to offer around 20 extra R-Type physical version (3" and 3"1/2) soon.

zhulien

Quote from: TotO on 20:12, 10 April 19
I will be able to offer around 20 extra R-Type physical version (3" and 3"1/2) soon.

Please reserve me one TotO. thanks

Cholo

I noticed that Rodman Multi Format Special Edition (tripple cassette) is for sale at:
https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/shop/sinclair/rodman-special.html

Does feel a little bit overkill to get this version if you dont have a bunch of 8bit systems.

zhulien

I received Balloonacy, Stranded and The Lurking Horrror yesterday, all in great shape thanks to Cronosoft.

260Z

Hey @TotO, I'd definitely be interested in a 3" version, thanks  :)

Cheers,
Rob

asertus

Hi @TotO , one 3" for me, please.

TotO

Currently not sure, I have to wait end of June to see if possible. Thanks.

pacomix

Add me in please.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

TotO

Please, send me an email for a better tracking. I can't guarantee that will be possible. Thank you.

zhulien

3" for me too if possible, 3.5" or (official printed labelled micro sdcard would be cool), it's about time CPC games were released on microsd