News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Johnny Limite [ wip ]

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 07:25, 08 February 24

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

The Mojon Twins are trying to finish this game, Johnny Limite for ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC, for the moment they have shown us what we see in the video and some screen, it seems to be an arcade platform with graphics in mode 0

https://twitter.com/anjuelzgz/status/1755359156293292207

if you don't have twitter account, you can see video here: https://files.fm/u/eurr2wg2ny#/view/2kxpf7arqk
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

abalore

It's looking good. I guess in the final version the boxes will move smoothly. It looks to me like a Rick Dangerous with puzzle elements.

dodogildo

I love everything that reminds me Rick Dangerous 2. And this game seems like it. Hopefully with a twist? Looking forward..
M'enfin!

eto

Quote from: abalore on 12:33, 08 February 24. It looks to me like a Rick Dangerous with puzzle elements.
or the other way around - a puzzle game with Rick Dangerous elements. 

Cwiiis

Visually like Rick Dangerous, but it reminds me most of Baba's Palace - single screen, platforming puzzle game involving pushing things - although this is more dynamic. Looking forward to it 🙂

reidrac

Quote from: abalore on 12:33, 08 February 24It's looking good. I guess in the final version the boxes will move smoothly. It looks to me like a Rick Dangerous with puzzle elements.

I would say it is unlikely those boxes will move smoothly. In their games the objects you can push move one map tile.

Looks nice, though.

Is this a new IP? I can't remember this character from previous games.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Gryzor

Quote from: reidrac on 22:06, 08 February 24
Quote from: abalore on 12:33, 08 February 24It's looking good. I guess in the final version the boxes will move smoothly. It looks to me like a Rick Dangerous with puzzle elements.

I would say it is unlikely those boxes will move smoothly. In their games the objects you can push move one map tile.

One doesn't exclude the other. Movement could be smooth and still tile-based.

reidrac

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:06, 09 February 24
Quote from: reidrac on 22:06, 08 February 24

One doesn't exclude the other. Movement could be smooth and still tile-based.

Sure, that's not what I meant. It is not my engine, may be they change it for this game :D
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

anjuel

Hello everyone!!!

Johnny Limite is a game we started on Spectrum in 2013, and it had been on hold until a couple of months ago when we picked it up again and ported it to CPC. We're currently working on levels, but most likely, we'll release it as a demo, not as a full game.

We have an internal joke that "Johnny Limite should never have a game published" :D

Nevertheless, he appears as an extra in one of our NES games, and, in fact, you can play with him.

If you have any questions, let me know!

eto

Quote from: anjuel on 14:36, 09 February 24If you have any questions, let me know!
"Demo" because you won't have enough levels? Can the community then provide additional levels maybe?

cwpab

Quote from: eto on 17:33, 09 February 24
Quote from: anjuel on 14:36, 09 February 24If you have any questions, let me know!
"Demo" because you won't have enough levels? Can the community then provide additional levels maybe?
Or maybe add a level editor.