News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad 464 pre official release tapes found!!!

Started by edcross, 13:20, 26 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: ilys on 22:50, 09 September 23
Quote from: edcross on 20:13, 15 May 14Hi all, apologies for the waiting but here they are:

WeTransfer

I happened to have a fifth tape (Hunter Killer) which is also included in the download above. The download will stay live until May 22nd.

Ed
Hi there everyone,

By any chance does anyone still have access to the original recorded audio files shared back then? The WeTransfer link is down now and I can't find any other working link from @Gryzor or @Devilmarkus...

We are working on some audio processing tools for the Amstrad CPC and would love to have real recordings from real tapes, specially these, due to their "supposed" origin.

Thanks!
Hmmm why would you need these specific recordings? Wouldn't any old tape do?

That said, it's hard to find if I sitll have them without knowing the filenames... Will take a look though.

ilys

Hi @Gryzor,

Yes, any old tape will do. Those tapes seemed interesting because what we are looking for is a variety of sources, and pre-production tapes fit into that (assuming they were created to test precisely that, the quality of the recording).

Other sources we are interested in are old tapes that people want to recover, like the case @llopis explains in his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woko_i58w4c
Thanks for the help!