News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

arcade conversions to cpc.... that werent

Started by cpc4eva, 23:48, 15 April 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Executioner

Hi Kev,

Just release a map editor and tile/sprite editor that can edit the maps in exactly the same format as the BBC data, and we'll be able to make a couple of dummy levels with our own graphics, then get the original data and plug it in.

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 16:39, 23 April 10
So it's like BoulderDash : it used 4 coloured mode0 only because the other computers were also in 4 colours...
that's so disapointing.

No Ambition in the port.

I you want improuved graphX in 16 colours...
Just ask me I may give you a tile set then...

As it is a mode0, it's certainly done to have 16 colours or is there a trick as in GhostandGob/ghoul's and ghost so it must use 4 colours ?

Just give me the tilesheet and sprite sheet, and the specification you'll need, and I'll may give you back those with redone graphx....

Another way may be to actually change the graphix so it is not really the game but a clone. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repton_%28video_game%29

"artic repton" on Archimede...

Well the plan was to convert the game as it was, because I can't make graphics or sound, then ask somebody else to do the graphics. When i write my games I always write the game logic and screen flow first.. because why ask for graphics and sound when the code is not ready?

I think Executioners has a great idea. I'll try and code up a level and sprite editor for it.
I think some change of logic is also needed and we've got a new game :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Well, in case you stay with four colours, then you may would like to thing about using Mode 1 and the gfx would look better if you adapt them to Mode 1.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

About graphics; use both!

Have a startup setting: "Classic mode or CPC mode?"

And yes, you should ask permission again.