News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Crystal Kingdom Dizzy - DizzyAGE Community Project

Started by Neil79, 00:33, 15 December 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

QuoteWe've just been informed on our Dizzy : RetroGaming FB group by Adam of Dizzy Age that major progress has been made on the open Community Project of the DizzyAGE remake of Crystal Kingdom Dizzy. Not only can the game be played and beatable ( Still work in progress ) but this release looks to be very special

Indie Retro News: The latest free games, indie games and retro news: Crystal

Looks good, it's a remake of the Amstrad/C64 version for PC, hopefully someone will do an Amstrad remake :)
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Carnivius

Oh for...

Was I really the only one who liked the Mode 0 graphics of Crystal Kingdom Dizzy?  Ok they could have been better in places but I was so sick to death of the same bloody graphics of the many, many previous games it was a refreshing change.   I still to this day find it difficult to tell which of the Mode 1 games is which just from a random screenshot. 

Even from reviews of the earlier ones I see people complain about 'more of the same' but when they tried to actually give it a new look and feel they complain yet again.  Morons.  Gamers don't know what the fuck they want... Never have...
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

andycadley

Actually I didn't mind the Mode 0 graphics either. But the stupid change to the jumping and the level mechanism really ruined the playability of the game as a whole. Thankfully, having given this a try despite my instincts, BOTH these points have been fixed in this remake. Which actually makes it a lot more Dizzy-like to play. :-)