News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Best game???

Started by ukmarkh, 12:36, 16 April 10

Previous topic - Next topic

what is the best game out of this selection?

X-Out
1 (2%)
UN Squadron
1 (2%)
Mr Heli
1 (2%)
Mission Genocide
8 (15.7%)
Solar Coaster
0 (0%)
Classic Invaders
0 (0%)
R-Type
5 (9.8%)
Bosconian 87
0 (0%)
Game Over II
3 (5.9%)
Sonic boom
1 (2%)
Light force
5 (9.8%)
Flying shark
5 (9.8%)
P47
9 (17.6%)
Harrier Attack
4 (7.8%)
Xenon
0 (0%)
Silkworm
5 (9.8%)
Forgotten Worlds
3 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: 12:36, 16 May 10

Gryzor

As you say, "retro all the way baby!". :D

dcdrac

savage was amazing

TFM

It still is. And also it is still too hard.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Shaun M. Neary

Out of that list, I never understood why Forgotten Worlds didn't get more love. I thought it was great when i first played it in 89!
Might give it a blast now actually :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

dcdrac

Just been playing Savage and the Sacred Armour of Antiriad again and it was these two games that I showed to people with a C64 to rpove that the CPC could outmatch it in the hands of a good developer team.

Puresox

I must mention this game that I found on the CPC Power(now defunct), which i was really impressed with as it looks like it is just a type-in jobbie , but performs really well in the vain of Galaxians... It is called 'Alien Attack' and is well worth seeking out!I do not know where you would look for it now though?

dcdrac

Just tried it and here is the Dsk file

Puresox

Ahh well done. It's not a bad effort in my opinion, I do not know it's origins but it has got all the elements of a good galaxians clone!

Gryzor

Definitely not bad! Looks older than '88, but very cute!

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: Puresox on 21:45, 14 May 13
I must mention this game that I found on the CPC Power(now defunct), which i was really impressed with as it looks like it is just a type-in jobbie , but performs really well in the vain of Galaxians... It is called 'Alien Attack' and is well worth seeking out!I do not know where you would look for it now though?

Yes it is a type-ins
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:Schneider_Computer_Partner_05-1989.jpg

You can always try NVG which is a very good place to look for amstrad games.
ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/cpc/

TFM

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:41, 14 May 13
Just tried it and here is the Dsk file

How cool is that! I'm still in the Highscore there!  :laugh:

Greets to Mr. X!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ukmarkh

I was just playing 'ChaseHQ'. There's lots of cars in the game, which got me wondering. Imagine if I could select the Ferrari instead of the Porsche, or the Lambo? Race the track in reverse, or change the colour of the car or play the robbers. Anyway, got me thinking, would a game like Gran Turismo be possible on the CPC?

Gryzor

A very interesting point... Well, Chase HQ was not a pure racer where such a variety is more valued, and it had plenty of thrills anyway; but still, probably easy to do and it would have added to the marketing value of the title.

WikiDan

That's a old classic game. I haven't seen of them for a long time. It's nice to get back to early '90. Well done

BZHGames

My favorite game is Chuckie Egg.
I'm the best to this game on my web page  :D
Online games : Tetris, Connect4, Reversi, Marvel Memory, Laby and Amstrad games
https://bzhgames.xyz/

CraigsBar

Quote from: BZHGames on 12:32, 03 April 19
I love the way long dead threadws can be opened up and re-invigorated in this forum.

I am also with you on chuckie egg, although it gets crazy difficult on levels above 20 with the Big duck, the blue birds and the lifts.... Damn that is the stuff of nighmares!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: BZHGames on 12:32, 03 April 19
I'd love to beat you on your own website, but I find the controls are just a little too laggy on your emulator :( Always the problem with web based emulator I find. It takes a while to adjust the jumping reactions and that then throws off the timing when playing on the real hardware. Thanks for the games tho, best I managed this evening (on your site) was 97k

BZHGames

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:36, 05 April 19
I'd love to beat you on your own website, but I find the controls are just a little too laggy on your emulator :( Always the problem with web based emulator I find. It takes a while to adjust the jumping reactions and that then throws off the timing when playing on the real hardware. Thanks for the games tho, best I managed this evening (on your site) was 97k

Hi CraigsBar,

I did not detect a slowdown. Which web browser do you use?
It's a shame that you did not send your score to enter the ranking. I like when there are records to beat.  ;D

Right now, I'm trying to break the record on "Rick Dangerous", but I'm blocking at one place.  :(

CraigsBar

Opera Browser on Windows 7 (Core 2 Quad @ 3ghz)

There you go 117k on Chuckie egg today

A long way to go. but i'll be back!

BZHGames

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:35, 06 April 19
Opera Browser on Windows 7 (Core 2 Quad @ 3ghz)

There you go 117k on Chuckie egg today

A long way to go. but i'll be back!

Ok, i haven't Opera Browser. I'll have to try.

Good score for Chuckie Egg  ;)

WiltshireWizard

gg

Gryzor

Hehe 😄

I loved Easi Amsword. It was the first word processor I ever used, before I knew what that meant. Used to type stuff in it just for fun as a kid...

Carnivius

I used to make pictures in Easi-Amsword yeeears before I knew it was called ASCII Art because I was so desperate to create pictures on my CPC and didn't yet have a graphics program until I got Smart and G-Paint from Amstrad Action covertapes. :P
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

zhulien

It's so hard to choose any 1 game as being best.  Of all the ones there they are all fantastic - but some huge ommissions - games I loved and for most part still do:

- Oh Mummy
- Harvey Headbanger
- Donkey Kong
- Yie Ar Kung Fu
- Renegade
- Gauntlet (the arcade conversion)
- Defend or Die
- The Covenant
- 3D Star Strike
- Elite
- Starion
- Star Wars
- WEC Lemans

to name a few.

Worst titles ever:

- Braxx Bluff

Perhaps I will say Yie Ar Kung Fu is the best one... I got so good at it I could just play for hours on end in the same game - eventually the score turns into random graffiti.

tjohnson

Quote from: zhulien on 05:53, 13 July 20
- Gauntlet (the arcade conversion)

Defender clone or dungeon hack and slash game?