News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Best source for game info/games

Started by extracampine, 15:31, 22 April 21

Previous topic - Next topic

extracampine

Ex CPC464 owner here, looking to build a collection and to play some old games via emulation. Currently I use Launchbox for my emulation needs.

I'm trying to find the best sources of information/lists/etc for CPC games. I'm keen to build a complete collection. So far some of the best I have found are:

CPCWiki - lots of good info, scans and games
GamebaseCPC- also seems to have lots of info and scans
CPCGamesCD by Miguelsky - looks pretty comprehensive
CPCRulez - loads of info & scans for most games
TOSEC - have a DAT for the CPC .dsk games, some other CPC stuff also
CPCPower - but watermarks, bleh!
ScreenScraper - looks like an excellent site for game media

I'm wondering which is the best/most comprehensive/up to date list? Would be importing the games into Launchbox and attaching the media & manuals there.

Thanks!

sigh

Gryzor

extracampine

I guess that answers my question? Was hoping to find a CPC set that I can import into Launchbox. It's probably possible with Gamenbase, but I don't know if there's any easy way to do it.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

arkive

There is no "complete collection", you need to combine several sources to achieve that. I did some research on this subject before: https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/amstrad-up-to-date-games-fullset

I though briefly about making one but it's too much work and I have some other projects going on. So, I'm just using Amstradmania7 Gamebase at the moment.

GOB

Quote from: extracampine on 15:31, 22 April 21
Ex CPC464 owner here, looking to build a collection and to play some old games via emulation. Currently I use Launchbox for my emulation needs.

I'm trying to find the best sources of information/lists/etc for CPC games. I'm keen to build a complete collection. So far some of the best I have found are:

CPCWiki - lots of good info, scans and games
GamebaseCPC- also seems to have lots of info and scans
CPCGamesCD by Miguelsky - looks pretty comprehensive
CPCRulez - loads of info & scans for most games
TOSEC - have a DAT for the CPC .dsk games, some other CPC stuff also
CPCPower - but watermarks, bleh!
ScreenScraper - looks like an excellent site for game media

I'm wondering which is the best/most comprehensive/up to date list? Would be importing the games into Launchbox and attaching the media & manuals there.

Thanks!

There are no watermarks on cpcpower... Just click on the icon.