News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bubble Quest - GX4000/CPC+

Started by Barjack, 12:27, 04 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Barjack

Hello everyone,

Some news for those who follow the development of Bubble Quest on CPC+ and GX4000.
I'm about to finish all the gfx of the levels, which were very numerous because of their animations and complex for having made the most of mode 1 with rasters for the backgrounds in addition to hard sprites.

Roudoudou will be happy to finally be able to integrate all this into his incredible engine which has already been in place for a while 😉
Almost all the music is finished, it is the work of e-dredon, takes advantage of the sound capabilities of the CPC+ and is absolutely fabulous! I hope he will consider my work up to his talent 😉

The game will be released in physical edition and will fit on a cartridge with a capacity much greater than the original ones as the content is substantial.
We owe this support to Toto, whose task was not so easy to upgrade from 512KB to 2MB!

We hope - without wanting to go too far - to be able to finish the game for this year 2023.
We will keep you informed soon.

The game features a multi-minute, fully animated intro :

Some screenshots from the game :

Everything delivered here will be present in a next teaser ;)

Wait and see...

I'm not saying I'm the best, I'm saying I'm the least bad !
- Salvador Dali -

dthrone

Looks amazing and looking forward to seeing what this 2mb cart is all about! :o

Gryzor

I mean... Damn.

Will there also be a CPR? I will be getting the physical edition, but I don't have a Plus or a GX set up permanently... 

roudoudou

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:41, 04 March 23I mean... Damn.

Will there also be a CPR? I will be getting the physical edition, but I don't have a Plus or a GX set up permanently...
The modification to any Plus emulator is easy
CPCEmuPower (Linux,Win,MacOS) is already ok
i made modifications myself to an old version of CPCEC in a few hour
BTW do not expect this working on Winape
there will be an exclusivity for physical release first (the only way to NOT see some crappy emulated version on youtube first)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

dthrone

Quote from: roudoudou on 13:57, 04 March 23

there will be an exclusivity for physical release first (the only way to NOT see some crappy emulated version on youtube first)

Presumably not compatible with C4CPC?

Out of interest, how does the paging work (or is that top secret)?

Also, how much ROM is the big intro taking up?  ok if top secret too ;)

roudoudou

Quote from: dthrone on 14:06, 04 March 23
Quote from: roudoudou on 13:57, 04 March 23

Presumably not compatible with C4CPC?

Out of interest, how does the paging work (or is that top secret)?

Also, how much ROM is the big intro taking up?  ok if top secret too ;)

not a secret, i already give the sheet to emulators authors (most of them do not care since the game is on progress...)

the cartridge is splited in 512K slots
on each slot, when you read the last bytes of the ROM 0 (disregarding the mapping, the cartridge do not know where 16K are mapped)
if you have 4 slots (2M for us), then ROM 0 addresses 16380, 16381, 16382, 16383 will change the current 512K slot
that's it
once 512K slot is changed, every 32 ROM of the slots are handled like a regular CPR

due to the amount of DATA for some levels and the overall managing system, i wont do anything to split the game in 4 cartridges :(
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

villain

Alta, wie geil ist das denn?!

Sorry, wrong language... 🤓

To keep it short: C'est incroyable! 

SkulleateR

Anyone got a CPC+ for sale  :o ?

Neil79

OWW!WOWOWWOWO!!

Is it Proline Software or Praline Software? Can't make out the font lol
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Neil79

Ahh Praline...

Looks tasty? lol
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

norecess464

It looks beautiful !! Congratulations to both of you @roudoudou and @Barjack .
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Skunkfish

Wow, that would be a stunning looking game on ANY platform!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Maniac

Looks amazing! Looking forward to this very much!

Gryzor

Quote from: Skunkfish on 10:29, 05 March 23Wow, that would be a stunning looking game on ANY platform!
Indeed I was thinking "hey, can we get a Switch or an ARM port (for the various handhelds)?". Simply amazing.

Barjack

it's nice and flattering, but don't get too excited anyway ^^

in all modesty and I'm not alone on the project, it may be a game that can be described as triple A on cpc, but not on more powerful machines ;)

I think I can say that we are on a good game between the atari st and the amiga, which is already very good for cpc+;)

- Salvador Dali -

HAL6128

Awesome graphics! I can't imagine what efforts are behind the programming. And I am curious about the music.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Barjack

Everyone gave the best of himself by exploiting the machine, we are clearly not - and at all levels - on cpc old.
-----
Roudoudou had to use tricks and tricks as a demomaker for the code, the physics of the bubble according to its environment is very realistic and its movement is at 50hz. It manages an impressive number of images and other visual effects that we keep secret but which are amazing for this machine.
-----
e-dredon composed about twenty really fabulous pieces of music with samples for the cpc+ that I listened to over and over during development and which I still can't get enough of.
-----
Toto has invested a lot to make us a pcb to have a cartridge that leaves us more room to integrate all that, moreover he will take care of the manufacture of the packaging and having seen his precedents we can only be reassured on the quality of the latter...
-----
Hwikaa whose talents far surpasses mine in the field will also participate, but we also keep it as a surprise for the release.
-----
Everyone worked well and for once, everyone was waiting for my graphics, it was a lot of work and we finally see the end.
We are all at least as eager to release the game as you are to discover it.
You don't have anything yet.
;)

- Salvador Dali -

Gryzor

^^edited for formatting

kawickboy

Congratulations. 2mo cart...

Maniac

Can I be the first to say I'd like a physical copy?  ;D

Gryzor

Quote from: Maniac on 18:46, 05 March 23Can I be the first to say I'd like a physical copy?  ;D
I was first😀

Maniac

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:57, 05 March 23
Quote from: Maniac on 18:46, 05 March 23Can I be the first to say I'd like a physical copy?  ;D
I was first😀
Good point well presented! Yes you were! But I do have a permanent 6128 Plus setup!  ;)

Gryzor

Quote from: Maniac on 21:24, 05 March 23
I was first😀
Good point well presented! Yes you were! But I do have a permanent 6128 Plus setup!  ;)
Well I have 6128 Pluses on standby (and one or two 464s) 😁

XeNoMoRPH

I was first😀
then... so i'm the third hehe :laugh:

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es