News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Buying new games

Started by ukmarkh, 16:41, 28 April 10

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

Guys, where can I buy the following games on disk?

Dead on Time
Star Sabre 128K

arnoldemu

Quote from: ukmarkh on 16:41, 28 April 10
Guys, where can I buy the following games on disk?

Dead on Time
Star Sabre 128K
They are officially sold through Psytronik.
http://www.psytronik.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=41&Itemid=63

However, it seems only the cassette version of "Dead on Time" is available.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Axelay

Star Sabre is sold out for now, but should be available again in a few weeks time.

ivarf

Yes, I noticed that too today when I tried ordering it. How many copies has it sold so far in disc and tape versions?

Gryzor

Maybe I bought the last one? :D Still waiting for it though!

Axelay

Quote from: ivarf on 20:59, 29 April 10
Yes, I noticed that too today when I tried ordering it. How many copies has it sold so far in disc and tape versions?

There were 10 disk versions produced to start with.  Do you mean the tape version of Star Sabre?  I havent had an update since last year, but at that point it was 20, from memory.

ukmarkh

If someone could drop me a message when there available on disk I'll buy a couple. Cheers guys.

Gryzor

There'll be a disk version of Dead on Time? Argh! Just got my tape on Friday! Is there an upgrade plan available? :D

Bryce

If you want to buy old games at ridiculous prices, head over to the german iiiibay. Some idiot is asking for €20+€5 postage for discs and up to €30+€5 postage for some tapes :D

Bryce.

Axelay

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:06, 03 May 10
There'll be a disk version of Dead on Time? Argh! Just got my tape on Friday! Is there an upgrade plan available? :D

No, a disk version is not planned for Dead on Time.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Axelay on 14:35, 03 May 10
No, a disk version is not planned for Dead on Time.

What madness is this?

MacDeath

QuoteWhat madness is this?
THIS... IS... SPARTA !!!  :laugh:

No, more seriously, as Dead on time is a 64Ko only game, no real need to put it on Disk, as for many it's even a good excuse to actually use a cpc464.
Yet the problem is also that possessors of only 6128+ may have some problem running the game...

But it is not that easy to release games on native 3" disks, as they are hard to find, many (all ?) of them being 20-25 years old.
Also as a 64Ko Ram game, it mustn't be that large so the Disks would be nearly empty.

A solution may be to release a compilation featuring Dead on Time and StarSabre in both versions (64Ko and 128Ko) so it may be a well stuffed disk, and would be suitable both on 664 and 6128.
And why not a 3"1/2 version then as many of us do have access to such format nowadays.

Axelay's best off. ;)

Gryzor

I've got to say, I kept staring at the DoT and SS for a while, what with the printed tape and original 3" disk... pure magic!

I find the idea of a compilation very good indeed... even though I've got them all I'd still buy it (sucker...)!

CPCIak

Star Sabre + Dead On Time 3" compilation would be great!

Axelay

Psytronik has the disk version of Star Sabre 128k back in stock.

The Psytronik site has had to move to:

http://www.psytronik.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=41&Itemid=63

Gryzor

Heh :) Got this one, but thanks for letting us know :)

Btw, has anyone checked out the titles at http://www.amstrad.es/shop/ ????

MacDeath

IMO putting only one game on a 3" disk is some sort of a waste...

Does StarSabre128K usesthe full  360K ? unlikely...while Dead on time is only released on Tape...
Getting it a compilation seems that evidence to me too. :-\

QuoteBtw, has anyone checked out the titles at http://www.amstrad.es/shop/ ????
Yeah, I managed to get a double copy of each one of those games (Tapes) while at retro-Madrid...
Nice bunch of dudes actually...

Lot of involvment in Z80 computers (ZX Specchit, MSX and a bit of Amstrad of course...)

Thoses spanish dudes show us the way actually...
The Amstrad community should really try to work with MSXists and Speccyists IMO...(I know I'm the first to bash Speccy) Yet many Z80 knowledge could be learnt this way.

Gryzor

So! Can you tell us about these games? I'm not even sure I've seen them before...!

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:55, 22 June 10
So! Can you tell us about these games? I'm not even sure I've seen them before...!
All of the games in the ESP Soft shop are already available as free downloads - just like the two Psytronik titles that have been released so far. It's one thing to play them on an emulator, but it's really nice to own physical copies of them in one's collection of games. :)

Gryzor

Oh, I totally agree. Will probably play them over the weekend and end up buying them anyway :D

CPCIak

Star Sabre & Dead on Time are stored on special formated discs. Unfortunately I'm not able to transfer them to 3" via SD interface.
So, please release a compilation

MacDeath

QuoteStar Sabre & Dead on Time are stored on special formated discs.   Unfortunately I'm not able to transfer them to 3" via SD interface.
Anti-Hacker is still featured then...
Anyone to crack those ? ;D

Axelay

Star Sabre is on a normal AMSDOS Data formatted disk.  Dead on Time uses a special format, but it is not anything to do with preventing duplication - That would make no sense.  I had no problem using the Ultra Copy option in Discology 6 to copy Dead on Time from a 3.5" to 3" disk.

Gryzor

Quote from: Axelay on 03:45, 26 June 10
I had no problem using the Ultra Copy option in Discology 6 to copy Dead on Time from a 3.5" to 3" disk.

I got to do this, just for old times' sake... :D