News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Chaos Rising Part Two

Started by EgoTrip, 23:01, 11 January 21

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

New Game!
Part Two of Chaos Rising. This is a direct continuation of the previous game, and not the final game in the series. That will hopefully come at some point in the near future.

<edit>Added version 1.2</edit>

Skunkfish

What a welcome surprise! Looking forward to playing this one....
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Gryzor

"The machines are scary"

AND I'VE GOT A PRESENTAITON TO COMPLETE, DAMN YOU EGOTRIP :D

dirtybb

This is an excelent surprise and news, totally loved the first ep.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

tastefulmrship

A very nice second part, cannot wait for the conclusion!

Attached is a map for those who might require some guidance... but not too much! ^_^

EgoTrip

Thanks for the feedback. Going by the map, I think you may not have found a well hidden jewel, there is a clue to find it though. There are two clues in fact. You also have missed a room in the pink dungeon, which leads to the 5th chaos chip.  Maybe the final jewel is in this location also, I can't remember. But you haven't beaten the entire game and there are definitely 30 jewels available.

How are you cheating? I see the issue with the water and that is being fixed.How did you escape with only 29 jewels and 4 chaos chips destroyed?  I have played the entire game through myself, so I know it can be beaten. But it has had no other testing before I released it.

Version 1.1 coming soon. I wish I saw this post earlier, my brother ordered me some tapes so I can make some physical copies of this. I already recorded them with the old version so I am going to have to record them again now.

Feel free to map it, thanks.

EgoTrip

Version 1.1 uploaded. File in first post.

manossg

Hello, I am currently playing the first Chaos Rising game and I am enjoying it very much! Thank you for your efforts and contributions to the CPC community!

Targhan

Very nice game!! Lovely graphics and music. I also liked the fact you can continue after dying. I've found 10 jewels, but am stuck. The 'first dungeon' (I guess?) door is closed, as well as the one in the North village (plus the "force field" in the same village). Any hint would be welcome :).

Congratulations!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

EgoTrip

Thanks for playing, however some more glitches have been found. Downloads have been disabled until I upload the next bug fix version. I will update the post with the fixed version.

EgoTrip

Quote from: Targhan on 12:07, 30 January 21
Very nice game!! Lovely graphics and music. I also liked the fact you can continue after dying. I've found 10 jewels, but am stuck. The 'first dungeon' (I guess?) door is closed, as well as the one in the North village (plus the "force field" in the same village). Any hint would be welcome :) .

Congratulations!

Thanks for playing.

There is a switch south of the beach, you need to speak to an old man there. If he is not there then you have something else to do first.

Please bear in mind though there are glitches later in the game that I need to figure out how to fix, so it might be better to wait until then before investing time in playing it to the end.

Targhan

Ok, I'll wait then. Happy bug hunting :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

EgoTrip

Version 1.2 uploaded! Hopefully this is the final version.

GUNHED

Looks like a great game! Great work done!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Targhan

Woohoo, I managed to finish it. I almost gave up because, destroying the last chip didn't open the forcefield, and I thought it was a bug. But when I came back, the force field had disappeared. I was a bit surprised by the brutal end-game, but I guess a third part will correct this :).

Anyway congratulations for your work, and I hope you'll produce quality game like this one in the future!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime