News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CHASE HQ 2 cart

Started by cpc4eva, 19:31, 08 June 09

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

I liked Cisco Heat until I played the CPC version... the lack of speed killed yet another good game from the arcades.

I don't think it was lazy programming, just a massive misunderstanding as to how to get the best outta the CPC.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:49, 15 February 12
Once again, I loved Out Run :D

But this one is so slow and choppy compared to I...

I want Outrun on the CPC to be good, and hopefully one day soon, in the not too distant future, someone will make it so. Until then, OutRun is a piss poor effort on the CPC, sadly. 

Gryzor

So, speccy ports in the days of the Plus? Pfffft....

Xyphoe

No reply as of yet :( I'm not that suprised.

ukmarkh

I'm not surprised... if it's James Bridges that released this video, he mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.

Maybe CPCWIKI could pledge that the game would only be played via this site, using Java CPC or something. And never release the code?

MacDeath

Quotehe mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
seriously WTF ? >:(

Devilmarkus

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12
he mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.

Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TotO

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12if it's James Bridges that released this video, he mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't
be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
He may dump the ROM and send it to  http://java.cpc-live.com ?
So the game can be played online but nobody got it.

It can be allowable to share but don't want to see copy on ebay.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Devilmarkus

It's not even sure that the CPR would work in my crappy emu...

Gryzor

Well, if there's a way to secure it and have it on the Wiki to play I'd surely give my word...

Devilmarkus

I could test it on my CPC+ applet... Sure...
I could also put it onto a webpage.
But it's never 100% safe from stealing!
(Perhaps I could encrypt the binaries)

TotO

Quote(Perhaps I could encrypt the binaries)
Sure, you may use a Private/Public key system encryption then, only your emulator can read it.
It's secure.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Sure, you know how to crack everything, because you are back to the future...  :-*

remax

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:58, 27 February 12

Hahahaha!  :P  In your dreams!  :P

Unless you know something that will earn you the Fields medal, RSA is secure if your key is long enough.
Brain Radioactivity

Devilmarkus

Well question:
I can understand, the owner of the cart will not publish it for free (because he payed much for it)
Why don't we offer him a donation?
Who would donate for him?
(I'd donate 10€)
Perhaps we can rise this and he accepts to publish the game as CPR?

Xyphoe

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12
if it's James Bridges that released this video, he mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.

Sorry what??

That doesn't make sense ... what exactly would he be interested in doing? Or what were you asking of him?

Puresox

Clear enuff I think... It basically says fuck off and leave me alone. :D

andycadley

Pretty much, yeah. If it were a fantastic game I'd be disappointed. My only real worry is that it may eventually disappear into the ether and be lost forever which would be a shame from a purely historic point of view. Otherwise we'll just have to wait until another copy surfaces somewhere and is in a more preservation friendly hands.

TFM

Quote from: remax on 21:40, 27 February 12
RSA is secure if your key is long enough.

if your key is long enough

Or if you already know a part of the cartridge... f.e. (or can at least assume it).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

remax

Quote from: TFM/FS on 23:52, 27 February 12

if your key is long enough

Or if you already know a part of the cartridge... f.e. (or can at least assume it).

As the "sender" and "receiver" are the same person, you can easily avoid an attack by "probable word"...
Brain Radioactivity

Ygdrazil

Anyway...

sad about CHASE HQ 2 from a pure preservation point of view.. but hopefully another cart will surface!

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: remax on 00:26, 28 February 12
As the "sender" and "receiver" are the same person, you can easily avoid an attack by "probable word"...

MacDeath

why not simply release a partial/cut down game ?

(half game)

I mean, just one or two of the first level playable...

so peoples could at least test it.

TotO

Or full improved game, so no more need this crapy one. XD

Badstarr

Well, maybe once the CPC Ethernet project is complete, maybe we could send him a free version that he could test out, it calls home when the CHQ2 cart is inserted and uploads an image to TFM/FS!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)