News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Maybe you can share what do you know about code with me ?. I mean what subrutine do in xxxx. Probably i can find the equivalence in tape verision.

GOB

I can help you if you want, but I find it a shame to waste time on a similar project right?
Personally I already pity to transfer directly cpc old cartridge games without editing. There are plenty of games that should be improved in those already transferred.
Better not all work on the same game I think;)

After if you really want help and do a 64K version of heroquest, I can help you ;)

fgbrain

I agree!  Let's all work on different projects for the sake of amstrad plus and gx4000!
(hint for a gfx artist) :P
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

andycadley

Quote from: fgbrain on 18:38, 05 June 16
I agree!  Let's all work on different projects for the sake of amstrad plus and gx4000!
(hint for a gfx artist) :P
Indeed. The more the merrier! I've been considering something Uridium-esque, but finding the time is always tricky.

Phantomz

It would be cool if more people got involved and made some great carts.  ;D

I can't program, but I've done what I can to bring games to the GX4000 and sometimes improve games my own way, even if it's just a case of making the game let you use two joysticks etc ( on the normal cpc too ).

I loved playing Barbarian and Way of the Exploding Fist back in the day, but always hated that one player had to use the keyboard, this is now fixed.  8)

I also loved playing Rampage, same problem as above, but also found it annoying that you couldn't play with the character you wanted with the joystick, as it was defined by the controls, so you couldn't say, play Lizzie with the joystick, this is now fixed.  8)

Even if games can't be improved, and they are just standard cpc games ported to cpr, I don't think it's a problem as it brings life into the GX4000, also why not, it's nice to have the games in a plus machine ready to load ( faster than disk ).  :)

Anyway, I look forward to everyone's work.  ;)

andycadley

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:12, 05 June 16
I can't program, but I've done what I can to bring games to the GX4000 and sometimes improve games my own way, even if it's just a case of making the game let you use two joysticks etc ( on the normal cpc too ).
Every new GX title, whether just a straight disk transfer or a full on new game, brings something new to an under appreciated console. Obviously it's nicer to see things which take full advantage of the hardware, but that's not to lessen the effort of those working to bring existing titles across.

dragon

Quote from: GOB on 18:17, 05 June 16
I can help you if you want, but I find it a shame to waste time on a similar project right?
Personally I already pity to transfer directly cpc old cartridge games without editing. There are plenty of games that should be improved in those already transferred.
Better not all work on the same game I think;)

After if you really want help and do a 64K version of heroquest, I can help you ;)

Ah no, you don't understand me i only want take a little look to the code general structure for  curiosity how it works . No to made a heroquest mod competion :).

With time i can disassembly and find these subrutines if  i really want made these modification type :).

Phantomz

I've just done a new version of " 1943 " it's the cngsoft version so stops on the title screen ( looks better ) also has a +1 Trainer.

I've still included a poked version, this give infinite energy and loops for both players.  ;)

Phantomz

I just made the Trainer for " 1942 " look better and changed it to English so people know what it does.  ;D

Phantomz

I've just done an update to " Donkey Kong :)

You can now select a 1 or 2 player game with Joypad 1 Button 1 or 2, you can also quit with the console pause button.

Keyboard O,P are changed to U,I for PLUS users.

I don't know what's going on with Donkey Kong runs ok in mess, when I start winape, I get the bug at the top, tjen when I reset it, the bug goes!

Also having trouble with it on the plus and gx4000.

Is this version or the old version running ok for people, I'm using the latest firmware and software for the c4cpc.

Phantomz

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:12, 29 June 15
I've done another, this time it's " Skywar :)

I've changed the cursors keys to the joypad to select game, so just press up or down, I've fixed the trainer like normal.

I've sorted it so you don't get stuck entering your name on the high score board on both games, just press the fire button.

I've mapped pause to the pause button in game two, but I'm having trouble finding it in game one at the moment, so that can't be paused.

Skywar

Well I've sorted pause out in game one now, nearly a year later, but at least it's sorted now.  ;D

Pause with Joypad 1 Button 2, Quit game with Console button  ( In Both Games ).

I'm trying to see if I fix anything in carts that I've converted ( if I can remember ) that I couldn't do at the time.

I've just had another look at " Sorcery " ( cngsoft version ) that I converted to cart.

I know what needs changing but I can't fix this due to compression, maybe @Urusergi could help.  :D

In Winape, need 7E changing to 6E @ 1170 This will make the game pause with Joypad 1 Button 2  ;D

Urusergi

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:07, 08 June 16I've just had another look at " Sorcery " ( cngsoft version ) that I converted to cart.

I know what needs changing but I can't fix this due to compression, maybe @Urusergi could help.  :D
Of course! here you are  8)

Phantomz

Quote from: Urusergi on 21:50, 08 June 16
Of course! here you are  8)

Thanks again for the help.  8)

The new " Sorcery " cart is here, pause with joypad 1 button 2, unpause with joypad 1 button 1.

Scarlettkitten

Would North and South be possible? be fantastic to run that from cartridge. :)
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

Phantomz

Quote from: Scarlettkitten on 10:12, 09 June 16
Would North and South be possible? be fantastic to run that from cartridge. :)

Not sure if @Urusergi or @dragon  could work their magic on it.  ;D

The disc version is on two disks so can't be used with nocart easily, as it can only use DATA (SS40) at the moment.

I believe the cracked disks only work with 128k, so maybe the tapes would need to be used, for the GX4000 anyway.

I just checked if I could pack the XOR version down, but it appears to be packed as good as it can be.  ::)

I did put all the files on a Parados 80 disk and the game runs ok in winape, and as a hfe file on the 6128 plus, just pressed Return when it asked to switch it over.

dragon

4 tapes! O_o.

To these cases i think arnold emu need made an alternative version.

A version  that can pass two dsk in another type of dsk. And the left space (if exist) to .bin

This can be best with these games, such lemmings and others are 64k not have direct acces disc and the only  problem is it need two dsk.

I only pass tape to cartridge as last resource.

More loads have the game, more directions i have to calculate manually.

And first i need load the game in tape entirely  much times. ^^

I try port it from tape,but i not promisse nothing.

PD:change to heroquest, add a pause in the load screen.

dragon

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:36, 04 June 16
@dragon : thanks mate; but, I should have pointed out - the member who undertakes it must make sure that the list gets updates with all the new releases... it doesn't matter if it takes some time (I won't be able to do it as fast as the releases are coming out), but at least they should all go in the list in the end. If you feel up to it then by all means, please do it with my thanks and gratitude :)

I uploaded heroquest to the wiki page, you can made the .rar in mega from time to time yo can do. 

Phantomz

Here is another game that I converted that needed some more work.  ;D

This one is " Netherworld :)

This version now has a Trainer, press Joypad 1 Button 1 to pass title screen.
You can pause with Joypad 1 Button 2, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1.
Whilst paused, quit game with console button.
Keyboard O,P are changed to U,I for PLUS users

Phantomz

Here is another game that I converted that needed some more work.  ;D

This one is " Rygar :)

I've just discovered that you would get stuck on the highscore table, this is now fixed.

You can now press joypad 1 button 1 to pass the highscore table, text changed to show " PRESS BUTTON ONE "  ;)

I've also made the title screen stop when loading now, just press joypad 1 button 1 to pass.

Phantomz

I've just fixed " Daley Thompson's Super Test " that was in the " Need a fix " section on the wiki page for just over a year.  8)

I've made a new menu for day one and day two, push left for day one, right for day two, I used left and right instead of button 1 and 2 incase you wish to plug a joystick in with only one button.  ;D

This game was in the need a fix section as you can enter your name with the joypad / joystick using left, right and the fire button, but you still needed DEL to delete mistakes and RETURN to  enter your name (end).

I've made it so that you can now, delete with Joypad / Joystick UP and ENTER with Joypad / Joystick DOWN.  ( full joystick control ) I've changed the onscreen instructions too.  8)

I've also remapped ESC to Reset the game to the Console Pause Button.

Devilmarkus

Not a game, but I converted the "Revival'n Impact Coop" demo from disk to .CPR.
Please notice that it runs only on 128k CPC+ ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Phantomz

I've just done some more work on " International Karate Plus ;D

You can now Turn the Music On / Off with Joypad 1 Button 2, you can also Turn the SFX On / Off with Joypad 2 Button 2.

Phantomz

I think it's been over a month since I last converted a game ( not do a fix ) anyway, I've done another.  :)

This time I bring you " Super Hang-On "

Use Joypad 1 Button 1 to Accelerate, Button 2 to Brake
Push UP to use TURBO when at MAX SPEED
Pause with Console Pause Button, unpause with Joypad 1 Button 1
Push UP on Joypad 1 to enter intial on score table.

I've included a poked version with Infinite Time.  ;D

dragon

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:53, 16 June 16
I've just fixed " Daley Thompson's Super Test " that was in the " Need a fix " section on the wiki page for just over a year.  8)

Reuploaded as it was corrupted on the wiki

-----

I'm gonna update the full package again, big thanks to Phantomz and dragon for uploading all your games :)

Brain Radioactivity