News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

NiNxPe

Quote from: dthrone on 00:19, 20 September 18

Cooool, can we see any mock-ups?  :)   

I'm only talking existing converted .cpr files, @Phantomz, @dragon etc. are churning out the .cpr's, I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong guys!) they can do 128kb games (which some of yours above are) using the standard method.

I hadn't noticed the Heroquest one before - looks amazing, big improvement, thanks Dragon and urusergui[/size][size=78%]![/size]

Can Super Cauldron look better than it already does?  :o

OK, I'll post here some examples.
...very soon.........

GOB

Quote from: dthrone on 00:19, 20 September 18
I hadn't noticed the Heroquest one before - looks amazing, big improvement, thanks Dragon and urusergui[size=78%]![/size]
Heroquest ?

dthrone

Quote from: GOB on 00:55, 21 September 18
Heroquest ?

From the table -

Hero Quest[/t]1991Gremlin Graphics SoftwareYes (Palette+Hardware Sprites)Converted by dragon and urusergui(Sorcerer background & part of hardware sprites)Hero Quest.rar[/font]

GOB

ukmarkh

Would it be possible to convert Nigel Mansells World Championship to the GX4000, there's a 64K version and 128K?

Can you imagine this game with Plus palette  ;D

NiNxPe

Since i have to talk about change colors an put screens examples, nobody seems To be interested in...
Sorry To have this idea

tjohnson

ukmarkh

Quote from: tjohnson on 09:53, 23 September 18
Is there a plus palette version of hero quest?

I downloaded the Hero Quest .rar file, but it still didn't look great, but definitely better than the blue look and feel of the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dthrone

Quote from: GOB on 17:55, 21 September 18
It's because don't see my version :)

Is there a download link somewhere to your version?  Is it 6128+ only?

Looks amazing!  8)

dthrone

Quote from: NiNxPe on 23:06, 22 September 18
Since i have to talk about change colors an put screens examples, nobody seems To be interested in...
Sorry To have this idea

They look really really great!  :)

It's creating the .cpr's for your original list that's the problem  :(

Could you do something similar for a game that's already been converted to .cpr?

NiNxPe

I can send all my mockup with palette old/plus correspondance in pm at who is able/interested by this project.

Nb : I add Terminator 2

GOB

Quote from: dthrone on 19:00, 23 September 18

Is there a download link somewhere to your version?  Is it 6128+ only?

Looks amazing!  8)
Not ended. Changing gfx is not a easy task. I have to make new sprite display routine, and some original test works only in mode1 in the original game. Modifying somethink cause really big bug sometime. So, this version of Heraoquest is always under developpement. Just wiat ;)

GOB

NiNxPe

Oh que oui !
J'ai fait la map de chaque levels, jusqu'au dernier.
Je t'envoie ça  ?

dragon

Time time ago i ask what colour combination want the people for the heroquest, and nobody respond.

Anyway, somewhere in the thread is the heroroquest rar with the source code, and the instructions to change the colours (from the 4096 palette). And compile it. I always upload the games with the source code, is remax who remove it when upload to the wiki.

GOB

Quote from: NiNxPe on 12:24, 24 September 18
Oh que oui !
J'ai fait la map de chaque levels, jusqu'au dernier.
Je t'envoie ça  ?
Woai tu peux :)

dthrone

Quote from: GOB on 10:09, 24 September 18
Not ended. Changing gfx is not a easy task. I have to make new sprite display routine, and some original test works only in mode1 in the original game. Modifying somethink cause really big bug sometime. So, this version of Heraoquest is always under developpement. Just wiat ;)

Can't wait!  One of my all time favourite Amstrad games!  :)

xenon

Quote from: dragon on 17:18, 11 August 18
cpc power and cpcrulez are corrupted, but the emulinn version no :) .

The only difference of 128k is the select player screen(is autodetected).

I take a look the other two games.
So it's playable on GX4000?  ;) :) :D

tjohnson

Here is a challenge for someone, convert Skeet Shoot so that it's playable with a gamepad, needs a lightgun at the moment..  Maybe it's already been done but couldn't find a copy.Cheers Trevor

ukmarkh

Quote from: tjohnson on 13:50, 30 September 18
Here is a challenge for someone, convert Skeet Shoot so that it's playable with a gamepad, needs a lightgun at the moment..  Maybe it's already been done but couldn't find a copy.Cheers Trevor

To be honest, I had Operation wolf with the light gun and never used it, preferred Q,A,O,P and space. So I reckon I could easily play all these light-gun games with keyboard. 

Phantomz

I've just done an update to...

" PUZZNIC "

I've worked on the fantastic version by @arnoldemu and BDCIron/GOB!!!! found in the following thread.  8)

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/puzznic/msg91673/#msg91673

I've done this update as I prefer to access the retry / quit menu using the second button on the joypad instead of the console pause button.

The game would let you redefine the controls, but you couldn't remap retry to joypad button 2, therefore I've made the game Joypad only with button 2 now being used for retry.

Now that the Console Pause Button is free, I've made it so that you can access the cheat mode (Infinite Retry) with it.

During the game, press Joypad Button 2 to access the Retry menu, then press the Console Pause Button (no sound will confirm the activation).

After the Infinite Retry cheat mode has been activated, you can now also press the Console Pause Button to Skip Level.  ;)

I've included both the original version and the plus palette version.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:17, 22 October 18
I've just done an update to...

" PUZZNIC "

I've worked on the fantastic version by @arnoldemu and BDCIron/GOB!!!! found in the following thread.  8)

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/puzznic/msg91673/#msg91673

I've done this update as I prefer to access the retry / quit menu using the second button on the joypad instead of the console pause button.

The game would let you redefine the controls, but you couldn't remap retry to joypad button 2, therefore I've made the game Joypad only with button 2 now being used for retry.

Now that the Console Pause Button is free, I've made it so that you can access the cheat mode (Infinite Retry) with it.

During the game, press Joypad Button 2 to access the Retry menu, then press the Console Pause Button (no sound will confirm the activation).

After the Infinite Retry cheat mode has been activated, you can now also press the Console Pause Button to Skip Level.  ;)

I've included both the original version and the plus palette version.

Awesome work! This is great news [emoji1303]

remax

Quote from: dragon on 17:51, 24 September 18
is remax who remove it when upload to the wiki.

Yeah cause the goal of the page is to have the cpr releases. Also it avoid a lot of cleaning work when doing the full sets.

The attachement are still there on the forum for anyone wanting the sources ;)  (i hope it's not a big deal for you).

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:17, 22 October 18I've just done an update to..." PUZZNIC "[...]

Nice ! I now notice that the one available on the page is one of this horribly tagged cpr i downloaded from CPC Power.

Good Job. I updated all the releases on the last two page.
Brain Radioactivity