News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

Here is another game, this one is.....

THE TRAP DOOR

The game had a bug that would stop you being able to finish it, this issue was raised by @Novabug

After 32 years this bug has now been fixed by @Nich  8)

You can find information and the fixed disk in the following thread.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/the-trap-door-bugged/msg166320/?topicseen#msg166320

I've convert the game to cpr using the new fixed disk.

Due to compression, I can only do so much, the game doesn't let you map to Joystick / Joypad 1.

Therefore I've had to work with Joypad 2 ( keys ), I've changed the keys so that they can be used for the options and to play the game.

You can use Joypad 1 or Joypad 2 for the Trainer options, however you will need Joypad 2 for menu game options, you could use joypad 1 , but both fire buttons do the same and I can't change them, therefore you would still need Joypad 2 Button 2 for tilt.

Plug your Joypad into port 2 if you only have one Joypad.

USE JOYPAD 2

Trainer = Joypad Button 1 for Yes, Button 2 for No.

The keys are mapped to Joypad 2 by default ( don't worry that they look different ).

Button 1 = S to Start
Right = R to Redefine

Left = L for a LEARNER Berk
Button 1 = S for a SUPER Berk

Joypad 2 Button 1 = Drop
Joypad 2 Button 2 = Tilt
Console Pause Button = Pause / Any Unpause

I've completed the game using this cpr in winape.  ;)

ukmarkh

JayBlood

Thank a lot for this awesome game. I burn it in my C4CPC yet! :) Great job; dudes.
Jay

Phantomz

Here is " THROUGH THE TRAP DOOR "

As with " The Trap Door ", due to compression, I can only do so much, the game doesn't let you map to Joystick / Joypad 1.

Therefore I've had to work with Joypad 2 ( keys ), I've changed the keys so that they can be used for the options and to play the game.

You can use Joypad 1 or Joypad 2 for the Trainer options, however you will need Joypad 2 for menu game options.

Plug your Joypad into port 2 if you only have one Joypad.

USE JOYPAD 2

Trainer = Joypad Button 1 for Yes, Button 2 for No.

The keys are mapped to Joypad 2 by default ( don't worry that they look different ).

Joypad 2 Button 1 = S to Start
Console Pause Button = R to Redefine

Joypad 2 Button 1 = Berk-Drut
Joypad 2 Button 2 = Pause Game, any button twice to unpause
Console Pause Button = Restart

Gryzor

Gotta ask, after 241 pages are we through the CPC games catalogue yet? :D

Phantomz

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:29, 01 November 18
Gotta ask, after 241 pages are we through the CPC games catalogue yet? :D

I think most of the best games are done, there are still good ones left, however not every game can be converted.  ;D

zeropolis79

In theory, do the modifications to the games for joypads make the keyboard on Plus machines unnneeded?

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 21:38, 02 November 18
In theory, do the modifications to the games for joypads make the keyboard on Plus machines unnneeded?

Yes, the reason for this Thread and these converted cpr's is for use on the GX4000 which has no keyboard.

If you have a Plus machine then you can use these converted games, however, you could easily just use the nocart program and make your own cpr's as you wouldn't need to do any modifications to the games as you have a keyboard!

zeropolis79

The thing is, I don't have a keyboard for my 6128 Plus and finding it is very hard

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 23:15, 03 November 18
The thing is, I don't have a keyboard for my 6128 Plus and finding it is very hard

So it's like a GX4000 with 128k at the moment.  :(

What happened to the keyboard?

zeropolis79

The one I have never came with one.. it's a fixer-upper project.. Everything works, just don't have a keyboard.

Phantomz

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 19:53, 05 November 18
The one I have never came with one.. it's a fixer-upper project.. Everything works, just don't have a keyboard.

I hope you manage to find a keyboard in the future.

I guess these cpr's let you play some games on it for the time being.

zeropolis79

as it stands, I need to get a SCART and power lead for it.

finchy

Hi there. Any chance of any of the Top-10 games from the recent dev compo to make it as cpr? That would be really great!

ukmarkh

Quote from: finchy on 18:11, 11 November 18
Hi there. Any chance of any of the Top-10 games from the recent dev compo to make it as cpr? That would be really great!

Yes, great idea, I thought this last night as I played them on my Retro Pi, would love to play these from my C4CPC cart [emoji106][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeropolis79

Quote from: dragon on 17:51, 24 September 18
Time time ago i ask what colour combination want the people for the heroquest, and nobody respond.

Anyway, somewhere in the thread is the heroroquest rar with the source code, and the instructions to change the colours (from the 4096 palette). And compile it. I always upload the games with the source code, is remax who remove it when upload to the wiki.
I never knew about the post otherwise I would have answered

ukmarkh

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 22:55, 18 November 18
I never knew about the post otherwise I would have answered

Me too...

Manu

Quote from: finchy on 18:11, 11 November 18

In my case (OPQA vs. QOAP) I designed the game with joystick controls by default, and even selecting the game modes can be done with different button combinations, so the conversion should be easy  8)

ukmarkh

Quote from: Manu on 10:16, 19 November 18

In my case (OPQA vs. QOAP) I designed the game with joystick controls by default, and even selecting the game modes can be done with different button combinations, so the conversion should be easy  8)

Love this game, wish this had been released back in the 80's

ukmarkh

I couldn't see 'Live and Let Die' converted for the GX4000. A friend came around the other day, I pulled out the GX and he said, "does it play 007 in the speed boat". I looked, but couldn't find it.

This was a cracking game, basically Buggy Boy in a speed boat.

Thx

Carnivius

Quote from: ukmarkh on 13:32, 07 December 18
I couldn't see 'Live and Let Die' converted for the GX4000. A friend came around the other day, I pulled out the GX and he said, "does it play 007 in the speed boat". I looked, but couldn't find it.

This was a cracking game, basically Buggy Boy in a speed boat.

Thx
It has been converted.  It's under J for 'James Bond - Live and Let Die', presumably to keep James Bond games together. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

ukmarkh

Quote from: Carnivius on 15:43, 07 December 18
It has been converted.  It's under J for 'James Bond - Live and Let Die', presumably to keep James Bond games together. :)

Silly me, of course it makes sense [emoji23]

ukmarkh

Could someone please convert Ghostbusters (the faster moving 128k version) to .cpr please, for us users using the C4CPC with 128K.

Phantomz

Quote from: ukmarkh on 21:46, 08 December 18
Could someone please convert Ghostbusters (the faster moving 128k version) to .cpr please, for us users using the C4CPC with 128K.

I don't believe there is a 128k version of " Ghostbusters ", there is the tape and disk versions which are different, I made both versions playable some time back, they should be on the game download page.  ;)

Ewok

Are all games converted?  ;)

I just love this forum and it is so quiet.....that is all  ;D