News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Maybe i take the wrong dsk.  :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 20:31, 06 May 15
Maybe i take the wrong dsk.  :D
The Original one has 42 tracks so cannot be converted yet.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 20:19, 06 May 15
Both games seems to work fine. Has Kung Fu Master  infinite lives ? I would like to avoid trained game in the wiki page...

Kung Fu Master will have to be played on a computer if you want puchies too as it needs the space bar to change from kicks to punchies.  :'(

Kung Fu Master had the Infinite Lives Pokes, I've removed it. ;)

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:41, 06 May 15
Kung Fu Master will have to be played on a computer if you want puchies too as it needs the space bar to change from kicks to punchies.  :'(

Kung Fu Master had the Infinite Lives Pokes, I've removed it. ;)

Ok, i'll add it to the "need a fix" section, aka "some problems, see if you want to play it"
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

O.k

Maybe with lucky they  poke one of this lines: http://cpcrulez.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2533

Oh is correted in the upper post  perfect :)

Who class of programmer person let you select joystick and put you a space in the keyboard to use the punch lol.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 20:50, 06 May 15
O.k

Maybe with lucky they  poke one of this lines: http://cpcrulez.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2533

It contained the Infinite Lives Pokes &79DE 00 C3, I've changed it back to the same as the original disk &79DE 35 C2

You can die now.  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 20:50, 06 May 15
O.k

Oh is correted in the upper post  perfect :)

Who class of programmer person let you select joystick and put you a space in the keyboard to use the punch lol.
Any chance the Kick/Punch can get remapped to Button 2?

MacDeath

I guess straight disk to cartridges ports such as Klax, Barbarian2 or Batman would need to be included as well as precursors... ;D

CraigsBar

CraigsBar

Quote from: MacDeath on 22:20, 06 May 15
I guess straight disk to cartridges ports such as Klax, Barbarian2 or Batman would need to be included as well as precursors... ;D
LOL I guess so, bu the point here as I see it, is to give the GX4000 some long overdue love, which is why I am only converting doing 100% playable on a GX titles.

Small Bugs like High Score tables and Continues I will let slip, but not trainers that mean you need a Plus or in game controls on the Keyboard

dragon

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:14, 06 May 15
Any chance the Kick/Punch can get remapped to Button 2?

who knows, I think the keyboard scanning maybe is in 1321. But the interesting is  to find where he use the scanned results. sure people like arnoldemu found it  in 2 news. :)

arnoldemu

Quote from: dragon on 23:20, 06 May 15
who knows, I think the keyboard scanning maybe is in 1321. But the interesting is  to find where he use the scanned results. sure people like arnoldemu found it  in 2 news. :)
If you use the wip arnold, setup an I/O breakpoint for PPI port A read, that will trigger when the keyboard is read and you can find the memory location where the keyboard is read. The break will trigger after the IN instruction has been executed.

You can then step through to the where it's called and you can find where it's doing the keyboard checking.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:26, 07 May 15
If you use the wip arnold, setup an I/O breakpoint for PPI port A read, that will trigger when the keyboard is read and you can find the memory location where the keyboard is read. The break will trigger after the IN instruction has been executed.

You can then step through to the where it's called and you can find where it's doing the keyboard checking.
yikes that may as well be Greek to me :( I guess I leave patching these to someone else, and I continue searching for games already joystick only. Could I ask that someone take a look at the 'c to continue' in IOTZM tho, that game deserves a 100% working gx4000 release.

dragon

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:26, 07 May 15

O.k I am lost. I undertand the theory, but i not know how made it in practice. ¿wip arnold?. And how i setup a break point for ppi port A?. I use winape and i know how a made a breakpont in specific line of disassemble code, but i not know how made a breakpoint to a especific periferical port.

Graig: the best is learn little a little. At finish you know who are you doing and is not difficult.

I think in the call i speak upper, they scann all the keyboard layout. And he put in the memory from bef7+9 all ten rows result of the keyboard. I can supposed the game need access to space row in memory to view if you press space, but i not know how find in the code where he read these especific part of memory(BEFC).

dragon

nothing, not posible. the nops are were he save de arrow :D.

dragon

I have good news and bad news...(kung-fu), I can changue the space button.... but i can changue it to the intro button . XD.

The normally is  interprete de subroutine, but...  we can try all  ff combinations with lucky it work. .... voluntary? 00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10 etc etc... until ff XDDDD. another posibility is found the code to the "p"first  so we can change the kick/punch in the pause button.  :D

well we can discard the 28=space and the 15=intro. lol.

Poke 764B with the desired number 28 is default=space  and the 15 is intro.

Done!! Victory!!! yepah!!. I discover how works. C1=p button and 4A=joystick button 2. so poke 764b with 4A makes the fix

remax

Quote from: dragon on 21:26, 07 May 15
I have good news and bad news...(kung-fu), I can changue the space button.... but i can changue it to the intro button . XD.

The normally is  interprete de subroutine, but...  we can try all  ff combinations with lucky it work. .... voluntary? 00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10 etc etc... until ff XDDDD. another posibility is found the code to the "p"first  so we can change the kick/punch in the pause button.  :D

Done!! Victory!!! yepah!!. I discover how works. C1=p button and 4A=joystick button 2. so poke 764b with 4A makes the fix

Wow that's a really good news! Make the cpr (or at least a fixed dsk) and i'll update it on the wiki
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Any chance you can look at IOTZM to allow the Continues to work from the GX4000?

Phantomz

It does work well done ;) , my emulator setting got messed up somehow.  ???

dragon

I tested it only in winape, test first in gx4000.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:27, 07 May 15
Any chance you can look at IOTZM to allow the Continues to work from the GX4000?

Maybe, if arnoldemu leave me the wip arnold i can try , found the call in winape requrire press f7 to the inifinitum lol while watching the hl register.

It work in my winape, (my modification). I' dont know the other.

You cartridge works o.k in my winape. revise the joystick configuration, in my winape is the "." of the keypad.

CraigsBar

Only one from me today.... The 64k plus palette hack of Rick Dangerous.

I disabled the trainer in this one otherwise it's the same as the dsk.

Phantomz

Just did another  :) This time it's " Wizball "

I'm a bit confused with this one, Instruction say: " Pressing the SPACE BAR selects the feature represented on the glowing Icon at top of screen. " even when I used the original disk this did not work, maybe it's a Winape emulator bug, no idea.  ???

Anyway it should work fine as Waggling left and right does this too. So you might want to use a Joystick.  ;D

McKlain

I've created an user on the wiki and I've been trying to edit the page, but I can't save the changes.

Here is Small Games for Smart Minds from ESP Soft (2007). It's a compilation of puzzle games and can be played with the joystick. Tested on my GX4000.

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 07:57, 08 May 15
I've created an user on the wiki and I've been trying to edit the page, but I can't save the changes.

Here is Small Games for Smart Minds from ESP Soft (2007). It's a compilation of puzzle games and can be played with the joystick. Tested on my GX4000.
excellent, thanks.
I'll upload it tonight unless anyone else gets there first.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: CraigsBar on 09:52, 07 May 15
Could I ask that someone take a look at the 'c to continue' in IOTZM tho, that game deserves a 100% working gx4000 release.

Press fire instead of C - POKE &459,&67

If I choose joystick in winape then Fire 2 = jump not joystick up. Is it a bug in the game or winape key map
or should it be like that ?

How Does it work on real cpc's ?