General Category > Games

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

<< < (649/662) > >>

pmeier:
Hi,
I have patched Beyond The Ice Palace and added a nice menu to choose the number of buttons and pokes.

I also have hacked the game: If you choose two or three buttons, it's possible to jump in front of a ladder. So joy-up is always climb and fire2 is always jump. IHMO That's the way it's meant to be played.

The zip contains .dsk and .cpr. I have tested it on my real 464 and the Plus version in WinAPE. For the Plus version I'm not sure if it works correctly on real hardware. I have read the notes about the current version, that there were some problems. (So if you tell me how to add a palette fix...)

The zip also contains my assembler sources. My goal is always to provide a joystick only .dsk version which is emulator independent.

Credits go to Looker (crack)

iXien:
To revive a little bit this thread with a new challenge for summer, I was wondering if a game like TWINWOLRD could be converted to GX-4000? The game needs two sides but there is a cracked version using 100% files and somebody managed to convert Lemmings that needs two floppy disk sides too  :D . That's why I was wondering if it would be possible to offer this great platform game to GX-4000. Is there a method to create 512Kb ROMs and inject files rather than converting simple DSK files to CPR with Nocart?  8)

Shaun M. Neary:

--- Quote from: iXien on 21:40, 02 August 21 ---To revive a little bit this thread with a new challenge for summer, I was wondering if a game like TWINWOLRD could be converted to GX-4000? The game needs two sides but there is a cracked version using 100% files and somebody managed to convert Lemmings that needs two floppy disk sides too  :D . That's why I was wondering if it would be possible to offer this great platform game to GX-4000. Is there a method to create 512Kb ROMs and inject files rather than converting simple DSK files to CPR with Nocart?  8)

--- End quote ---

The two sided deal should have an easy work around. Just create a larger dsk (like a 720k disk) and copy both sides to it using CPCDiskXP or something later if it exists.
I've done this to make dual sided games work with the M4 and usually works.

Then convert the dsk to cpr via nocart?
Or have I missed something?

iXien:

--- Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 11:45, 03 August 21 ---
The two sided deal should have an easy work around. Just create a larger dsk (like a 720k disk) and copy both sides to it using CPCDiskXP or something later if it exists.
I've done this to make dual sided games work with the M4 and usually works.

Then convert the dsk to cpr via nocart?
Or have I missed something?

--- End quote ---
Nocart seems to accept only standard DSK files (191Kb)  ::)

Shaun M. Neary:

--- Quote from: iXien on 13:41, 03 August 21 ---Nocart seems to accept only standard DSK files (191Kb)  ::)

--- End quote ---

Wonder if it could be updated to handle larger dsk images?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version