Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 00:14, 05 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

iXien

Ok, here is a new series of homebrew games (I tend to be interested in this kind of games as you know  ;D ) fully compatible with GX-4000. Mike The Guitar and Pink Pills Manic Moritz are games created by Sebastian BRAUNER. Their realisation reminds me something of the Amsoft games. I can see that some of you are rolling eyes  :D  But I find it just lovable. Pink Pills is available in two versions, one with time limit and another without. The third one is Rodman, based on the Pac-man concept, I just like the way the game is different from the model. The game was converted on several systems, now it is available on GX-4000 too.

Mike The Guitar
Pink Pills Manic Moritz & The Meds
Rodman

Have a nice day guys !  ;)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

kriz


pmeier

Boulder Dash 4 Construction Kit remastered

Now it's possible to create new levels with joystick only!  ;D

Hopefully it's self explaining... The P icon in the palette is patched to enter fullscreen mode (instead of hiding the palette).

You can hide the palette with P or fire3.

My start menu checks if the disk is writable, so that you know you can save your level. You can enter a filename with the joystick (characters 1234).

(The disk check is not reliable in all emulators.)

.dsk and .cpr included.

UPDATE: Version 1.1 added infinite time. Some levels are really tough without. Kaizo Rockford  :laugh:

iXien

Quote from: pmeier on 17:34, 20 September 21
Boulder Dash 4 Construction Kit remastered

Now it's possible to create new levels with joystick only!  ;D

Hopefully it's self explaining... The P icon in the palette is patched to enter fullscreen mode (instead of hiding the palette).

You can hide the palette with P or fire3.

My start menu checks if the disk is writable, so that you know you can save your level. You can enter a filename with the joystick (characters 1234).

(The disk check disk check is not reliable in all emulators.)

.dsk and .cpr included.
That puts a nice end to your Boulder Dash series!  ;)  Of course the level editor is useless on GX-4000 but the auto-check that reminds it on your start menu is a very smart feature. And It will be nice to play on GX-4000 the levels included, particularly with infinite lives  :P 
If I understand well, you can launch the game from cartridge on CPC+ and it will save you personal levels on a disk inserted in floppy drive?
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

pmeier

Quote from: iXien on 18:19, 20 September 21If I understand well, you can launch the game from cartridge on CPC+ and it will save you personal levels on a disk inserted in floppy drive?

Unfortunately not: I guess that's a nocart restriction. I have only tested in WinAPE. (Save operation seems to work, but it's gone to void.) Even without the possibility to save levels, I think it's great to create some small test caves. IMHO.

iXien

Quote from: pmeier on 10:34, 21 September 21
Unfortunately not: I guess that's a nocart restriction. I have only tested in WinAPE. (Save operation seems to work, but it's gone to void.) Even without the possibility to save levels, I think it's great to create some small test caves. IMHO.
And there are some levels included. Are they new or just some levels from BD 1 & 3 included just as example?
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

pmeier

Quote from: iXien on 11:04, 21 September 21And there are some levels included. Are they new or just some levels from BD 1 & 3 included just as example?

Boulder Dash Construction Kit aka Boulder Dash 4 comes with 15 brand new levels!

FYI The engine is not compatible with Boulder Dash 1!

iXien

Quote from: pmeier on 11:52, 21 September 21Boulder Dash Construction Kit aka Boulder Dash 4 comes with 15 brand new levels!
So it's some of a real new game for the GX-4000 and now all the BD games available on CPC are GX-4000 compatible  8)

Quote from: pmeier on 11:52, 21 September 21FYI The engine is not compatible with Boulder Dash 1!
Maybe they had to modify the engine just to create the editor.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

iXien

Hi everybody, here is a new load for the week-end. This time I discovered that 3 of the CNG Soft productions are perfectly working on GX-4000 without any patch. Once again, @cngsoft uses the two buttons of a joypad and pause mode is mapped on "P" key. Perfect for our little console  :P . Many thanks to him.

So here are :

Epimetheus
Hire Hare
Timothy Gunn (The Adventures Of)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Davor Vitief

Thank you! this is a bad time to not having access to my GX4000  :-\ , also, where is the "like" button?  ???
Quote from: iXien on 22:13, 24 September 21Hi everybody, here is a new load for the week-end. This time I discovered that 3 of the CNG Soft productions are perfectly working on GX-4000 without any patch. Once again, @cngsoft uses the two buttons of a joypad and pause mode is mapped on "P" key. Perfect for our little console  :P . Many thanks to him.

So here are :

Epimetheus
Hire Hare
Timothy Gunn (The Adventures Of)

pelrun

Quote from: Davor Vitief on 13:39, 01 October 21
also, where is the "like" button?  ???
After the forumocalypse, Gryzor tried to put the like plugin back in but it tanked the forum performance. So it's off for the time being.

iXien

Quote from: pelrun on 15:56, 01 October 21
After the forumocalypse, Gryzor tried to put the like plugin back in but it tanked the forum performance. So it's off for the time being.
Thanks for the information and good luck @Gryzor , hope you'll manage to bring back all the missing plugins soon  8)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Gryzor

Cheers. Check the relevant thread, updates will be there. Likes will not be reinstated, instead we'll wait for the next major forum release which includes the functionality itself.

CyrilAmstrad

Siemb_Chronicles-Arkos_the_Traitor EspSoftVersion GX4000 ( full Joypad controls only) (Ayor61)
Pour les menu:

1 = it's Fire 1

2 = it's Fire 2

For select joystick , press Fire 2

For start , press Fire 1

you can remove music , with joypad down on each menu

For Level 2 : for the password , press 6 time on fire 1 and it will pass the password control successfully

This is my corrected GX4000 version I made on Amstrad Eterno shown the 25th of September. ( Intro start bugfix corrected too)
Amstradiens Facebook Group
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

iXien

Quote from: CyrilAmstrad on 19:32, 02 October 21
Siemb_Chronicles-Arkos_the_Traitor EspSoftVersion GX4000 ( full Joypad controls only) (Ayor61)
Pour les menu:

1 = it's Fire 1

2 = it's Fire 2

For select joystick , press Fire 2

For start , press Fire 1

you can remove music , with joypad down on each menu

For Level 2 : for the password , press 6 time on fire 1 and it will pass the password control successfully

This is my corrected GX4000 version I made on Amstrad Eterno shown the 25th of September. ( Intro start bugfix corrected too)
No more likes for now so I quote to congratulate you, I was really expecting for a GX-4000 conversion of this game! Perfect!  :D
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

iXien

Interested in new games for your GX-4000. For a well ended weekend, here are :

Corsair Trainer
Crazy Blaster
World War Simulator Part 2 (The)

No patch needed here, just a good opportunity to give a little time to our beloved console  :P
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

B0wman

Hey. I wonder if it would be possible to convert the new Indie game "Survive the week". As far as i saw/read it`s possible to play it via Joystick in Port 1 with both buttons.
Would it be just a conversion disk (or tape) to crt in the end? What do you think?

https://cperezgrin.itch.io/survive-the-week

btw...it features Roland :)


iXien

Quote from: B0wman on 16:57, 05 November 21
Hey. I wonder if it would be possible to convert the new Indie game "Survive the week". As far as i saw/read it`s possible to play it via Joystick in Port 1 with both buttons.
Would it be just a conversion disk (or tape) to crt in the end? What do you think?

https://cperezgrin.itch.io/survive-the-week

btw...it features Roland :)
Here is the game converted to CPR. Indeed, it's fully playable with joypad and we can use J1B2 to jump instead of UP. But it hasn't been patched so no pause as it would need to remap H to P for PAUSE button and remap H and E inside the pause menu too. But appart from that, no problem  8)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

B0wman

Quote from: iXien on 22:31, 05 November 21
Here is the game converted to CPR. Indeed, it's fully playable with joypad and we can use J1B2 to jump instead of UP. But it hasn't been patched so no pause as it would need to remap H to P for PAUSE button and remap H and E inside the pause menu too. But appart from that, no problem  8)


Wow, you`re awesome. Thank you very much!

zeropolis79

Does anyone know if there's been a CPR file made of Prehistoric 2 at all? Thanks



iXien

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 22:31, 12 November 21
Thanks!
Don't forget to look at here : https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Converted_GX4000_Software
The only webpage worldwide listing all the GX-4000 unofficial conversions  ;D
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

iXien


LIVINGSTONE, I PRESUME is a typical game from the beginning of the CPC life, when productions were oscillating between what might be expected of the second generation of machines such as the Atari VCS or Intellivision and the capabilities offered by the third generation. Adorable.

It's such a classic that I think it has its place on the GX-4000, of course. But there, it is outright beyond my skills and it would therefore take the intervention of an @Urusergi or a @Phantomz at their best to makes this dream come true  :P

I attached an English version of Nicholas Campbell offering Infinite Lives. It would be necessary to patch the cheat request on loading but above all to assign the keys 1, 2, 3, 4 dedicated to the choice of objects to the directions of the D-Pad of joypad 2.

It would be very nice to end this 6th year of patching with some classics, isn't it?  :D
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

RockRiver

SugarPi (raspberry3 baremetal emulator) and now MSX-VR (8bit machines "virtualizer": raspberry-cpu hardware/software system) supports CPR loading.
Maybe and option for U, if you want other than WINdos side. ( while you buy a CPCplus+C4CPC or CPCclassic+Plus2CPC+C4CPC  8)  )


Yezz Retroarch nowadays too

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod