News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

iXien

And here is a last gift for the end of the year. Another great classic that made the joy of the beginning of the CPC adventure in 1985. Once again many thanks to @Urusergi that carefully modified :

THE FANTASTIC VOYAGE from Amsoft

Controls:
J1 LEFT = Move to the left
J1 RIGHT = Move to the right
J1 UP = Swim
J1B1 = Fire
J1B2 = pick up / drop object
Pause button = Pause game (J1B1 to resume, J1B2 to abort current game)

Modifications for the GX4000 version:
    - New title screen based on the one of the Spectrum version, adding the Amsoft logo.
    - colour/monochrome choice removed
    - Keyboard information screen removed
    - Main menu removed, displaying new messages.
    - Keys remapped, with J1B2 to pick up or drop an item, far better than down in some situations.
    - Pokes : No infections, Infinite energy, invulnerability

It's primitive but such a regressive pleasure. Perfect for a little rest before new year's eve  ;)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

RockRiver

Quote from: iXien on 19:56, 17 December 22All the nice ideas shared in the last posts shouldn't make us forget to add new games to the increasingly extensive game library of our little GX4000  :D . How about some homebrew games for once?

PENGUIN ATTACK from Pat Morita Team

[Happy 2023!!!]

And what about the successfull sequel of Oh Mummy ??
Another Pat Morita Team's tittle:
Shovel Adventure
(has joystick option in menu)(maybe easy conversion)

iXien

Here is a nice little one (ok, I confess I really love to see all these old games from the first times of the 3rd generation computers easily running on GX4000 with 2 button joypad gameplay ;D ) patched by the great @Urusergi :

NONTERRAQUEOUS from Mastertronic

Controls:
d-pad = Move the Seeker
J1B1 = Fire
J1B2 = Pick up item / get psyched / swap modes
J2B1 = Abort current game
Pause button = Drop bomb

- Black border at start on title screens
    - Updated some messages on game information screens
    - Remapped keys
    - Trainer 'Infinite psyche'

Have a nice evening everyone  ;)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

iXien

And now for something completely different... (let's see if you get the reference :-P )

@ukmarkh , we were talking about Inufuto games some days ago and I mentioned the idea of a compilation. But if you took time to test Impetus, you have discovered like me that it doesn't work on GX4000/Plus because of a PPI problem. Hopefully, it takes more to stop enthusiasts like us :P So here is:

12 GAMES FOR A YEAR! from Inufuto

Initially, there is a project from a Japanese named Inufuto. He made a dozen games with a cross-platform development tool to target a wide range of Japanese and Western systems, reminding the spirit of early 80s.

Rather than creating 12 cartridge files of cute but tiny games, we decided to conceive a single one, not forgetting the CPC users with a DSK image disk too. Assembling all the games was the first step, then @TotO offered to write a menu in BASIC to launch the games using a joypad, perfect for GX4000 users. As usual with him, we started with a simple game list, finishing with a small description for all the games with cute thumbnails and a funney colour feature. And that's here that this little compilation took the name of 12 GAMES FOR A YEAR!  8)
But that was not all as we discovered that the game BOOTSKELL wasn't named correctly and more importantly there was an issue making the games unusable on GX4000/Plus systems. Here came new challengers, with @abalore that kindly modified BOOTSKELL so that it displays now the correct title using the same font as the other games, and @Urusergi who once again came to the rescue of GX4000/Plus users by patching the PPI issue.

There are more issues in these games that seem to have been very quickly adapted on CPC like on all the other systems but fixing all the games was not the goal here. They remain fully playable so enjoy them just as they are.

More informations about Inufuto games: http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/8bit/

Controls depend of the game you launched but only J1B1 is used to start and play, making the games playable on every Amstrad CPC/Plus/GX4000 system regardless of your favorite controller.

What have been done for your pleasure
-------------------------------------
      - All games smartly assembled in one DSK/CPR (iXien)
      - Wonderful menu. Pause button = Change main colour (TotO)
      - Clever correction of the title in BOOTSKELL (Abalore)
      - Fabulous PPI fixing for GX4000/Plus systems (Urusergi)

Have a nice day!  ;)

ukmarkh

Unbelievable the work and effort that goes into this. Amazing what is being put out in this forum. 

iXien

Ok guys, waiting for the final release of La Abadia Del Crimen by @dragon  :P , here is another regressive game. It isn't the best CPC game but nice to discover with the right controls. Yes, the right controls. Because here @Urusergi didn't just patch the game to play it on GX4000 but we has updated controls to make the game more playable thanks to the two button joypad. So here it is:

SOUL OF A ROBOT from Mastertronic

Controls:
J1 left = Move left
J1 Right = Move right
J1 Up = Jump
J1 Down = Pick up item
J1B1 = Fire
J1B2 = Fly
Pause button = Increase/Decrease jump capacity

Originally on CPC, down direction on the joystick was used to fly, what was a terrible decision that partially ruined the gameplay. We hope you'll enjoy that this function has been moved to J1B2.

- Wait for fire to skip title screen
    - All messages 'PRESS ANY ALPHANUMERIC KEY' replaced by 'PRESS FIRE'
    - Remapped keys
    - Cheat 'Infinite psyche'

Have a nice week everyone!

Gryzor

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ABBEY OF CRIME/ABADIA DEL CRIMEN MOVED HERE

RockRiver

post by @CyrilAmstrad / Ayor61

Well done Dragon

Hello ,
As Ixien request : Here are Ramiro El Vampiro III and IV ( on the same .RAR folder file) from smart Mojon Twins team

For both games :
Start game = Fire 1

Gameplay addition :
Vampire flying = Down arrow joypad OR fire 2
Cheers

You cannot view this attachment.

Quote from: CyrilAmstrad on 11/1/2023, 20:52:15

iXien

Well done @RockRiver  8) , I didn't see this one when I gave @Gryzor  informations to split the thread :picard:

Don't forget to look at the new thread, there are new things I'm sure you'll like ;) .

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: dragon on 17:37, 14 December 22WONDERBOY  IN MOSTERLAND

-Reconstructed the khino and funo crack,it lack levels, and another are wrong levels.So initially it crash in level 2.(he don't have the level in de dsk normal it crash wtf,).

-Fixed the khino and funo loader.Even with  all the levels in the disk,he refuse load the last level.Because  when he go to the next level 09 to 0A,they try load LV9.->LV: And that its a incompatible nomenclature in amsdos.(you cannot load in basic something with : in the name,the amstrad interpret it as another sentence in the line and return bad commnad.

-Rewrite the subrutine  to press key in the start sceen, so instead of scanning one key, they scan all keys,the objetive to  doing this was made the game fullly friendly with the three type of controllers, pad1,pad2, and keyboard.

-Rewrite the start menu key scan subrutine with the objetive  of start the game in any type of controller pad 1 button 2, pad 2 button 2 and keyboard. you can swith it with  a gx4000 or a plus computer and start indepently with any controller from begining yo end.

-Instead of crackers do in the 80's. And using the rewrite subrutine of the star menu,the poke of infinity energy was embebed in to the game,push  the pause button in the gx4000 or p in the plus keyboard in the start screen to swith ion/off  the poke mode.Yo know is activated because the border turn blue. If you abandon the game the poke status on was desactivated automatically.

-Even if you abandon a game and change the controls, the game patch all controls at fly, so you never get stuck not matter you do.

-Game also search and patch at fly all texts, accordinly to the controller you selected.Even inside the shops, if you are using  a game pad you view D(from down) or 3 in the keyboard.

controlls:
To all: P pause or pause button in gx4000´

gamepad1: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 2 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

gamepad2: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 1 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

keyboard: n left,m right, s up,x down,shift fire,space enter shops,esc abandon,1,2,3=1,2,3 inside the shops

The are two cpr inside,The difference was when poke was activated one turn back the border color to black at the start the game, the other don´t desactivate it, so when you play in blue cheat mode the border always are blue, even ingame.

I left people choose what are best.

Enjoy,i have made a lot of work to made it work.
Sorry for my lateness. December and this month has been quite busy and I'm only catching up on this thread now.

@dragon Thank you so much for this, can't wait to try it out later today! :D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

dragon

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:55, 22 January 23
Quote from: dragon on 17:37, 14 December 22WONDERBOY  IN MOSTERLAND

-Reconstructed the khino and funo crack,it lack levels, and another are wrong levels.So initially it crash in level 2.(he don't have the level in de dsk normal it crash wtf,).

-Fixed the khino and funo loader.Even with  all the levels in the disk,he refuse load the last level.Because  when he go to the next level 09 to 0A,they try load LV9.->LV: And that its a incompatible nomenclature in amsdos.(you cannot load in basic something with : in the name,the amstrad interpret it as another sentence in the line and return bad commnad.

-Rewrite the subrutine  to press key in the start sceen, so instead of scanning one key, they scan all keys,the objetive to  doing this was made the game fullly friendly with the three type of controllers, pad1,pad2, and keyboard.

-Rewrite the start menu key scan subrutine with the objetive  of start the game in any type of controller pad 1 button 2, pad 2 button 2 and keyboard. you can swith it with  a gx4000 or a plus computer and start indepently with any controller from begining yo end.

-Instead of crackers do in the 80's. And using the rewrite subrutine of the star menu,the poke of infinity energy was embebed in to the game,push  the pause button in the gx4000 or p in the plus keyboard in the start screen to swith ion/off  the poke mode.Yo know is activated because the border turn blue. If you abandon the game the poke status on was desactivated automatically.

-Even if you abandon a game and change the controls, the game patch all controls at fly, so you never get stuck not matter you do.

-Game also search and patch at fly all texts, accordinly to the controller you selected.Even inside the shops, if you are using  a game pad you view D(from down) or 3 in the keyboard.

controlls:
To all: P pause or pause button in gx4000´

gamepad1: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 2 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

gamepad2: directions,button 1 fire,button 2 enter in the shops. Abandon was in pad 1 fire 1(to avoid errors),Down+fire use especial attack. Inside the shops: 1 fire 1 2 fire 2 3 down.

keyboard: n left,m right, s up,x down,shift fire,space enter shops,esc abandon,1,2,3=1,2,3 inside the shops

The are two cpr inside,The difference was when poke was activated one turn back the border color to black at the start the game, the other don´t desactivate it, so when you play in blue cheat mode the border always are blue, even ingame.

I left people choose what are best.

Enjoy,i have made a lot of work to made it work.
Sorry for my lateness. December and this month has been quite busy and I'm only catching up on this thread now.

@dragon Thank you so much for this, can't wait to try it out later today! :D

Enjoy it! i think i think I stay well

iXien

Hi everyone, just a little message to tell you that I just finished to work on the Converted GX4000 Software page.

I reworked the description of the games. I standardized the naming of buttons and functions, corrected small mistakes in years, publishers, features... but above all I synthesized the texts. In short, I hope I have succeeded in bring back cohesion to the informations after more than 6 years of input over the distribution of patches and by all the marvellous people involved in the project  ;)

Next step is the update of the list with all the marvels released over the past year. It's on the road. Be patient  8)

iXien

And waiting for this update and new fabulous patches, here are two little French games I played a lot as a kid, fully compatible with our beloved GX4000 :

PENGGY from Chip

GALACHIP from Chip

The first one is a very cute Pengo clone, and as expected the second is a clone of Galaxian. Penggy is my prefered one but Galachip is fun for a while... ok, we are quite indulgent when we are 8 years old

iXien

Yie Ar Kung Fu Turbo isn't available yet but seems very promising. The best is yet to come. Launch date planned on saturday, the 28th, 12:00PM  :D

iXien

Something I just understood, maybe it will avoid the same surprise to others  :P This hack from @CyrilAmstrad isn't a new game, it's a complete fan service just hacking Slap Fight main sprite. Overscan title screen, digitized sample, unlimited lives, no other weapon, instant respawn, no 2 player mode, it's just here for the pleasure of flying with Grandizer in its Spacer. Fun!  8)

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

iXien

Nich

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 22:09, 14 October 22Got a couple of requests if anyone is interested?

1) Karnov. It doesn't appear to be in my set so not sure if it was ever done. It was 64k so surely this can be done?
A 64K-compatible crack of Karnov is now available from NVG. ;D However I had to perform a lot of compression to get it to fit on one side of a disc. hERMOL at CPCRulez also produced a 64K-compatible crack a couple of months ago, so take your choice.

I can fully understand why there have been so few attempts to crack Karnov. It was a nightmare to get it to work with 64K of RAM - lots of juggling blocks of memory around!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Nich on 23:01, 29 January 23
Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 22:09, 14 October 22Got a couple of requests if anyone is interested?

1) Karnov. It doesn't appear to be in my set so not sure if it was ever done. It was 64k so surely this can be done?
A 64K-compatible crack of Karnov is now available from NVG. ;D However I had to perform a lot of compression to get it to fit on one side of a disc. hERMOL at CPCRulez also produced a 64K-compatible crack a couple of months ago, so take your choice.

I can fully understand why there have been so few attempts to crack Karnov. It was a nightmare to get it to work with 64K of RAM - lots of juggling blocks of memory around!
Awesome Nich, be careful advertising your skills around like that. You'll end up with very long lists from the likes of gobshites like me. ;) 
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

B0wman

Hi. I just saw a Youtube video with a game "Shadow Hunter". This looks really nice. Sadly there is no cpr file on the page, only sna, cdt and dsk. Do you think it might be possible to convert this? It seems that it does not use any special buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQgGqF859E
https://mananuk.itch.io/shadow-hunter-amstrad

iXien

Quote from: B0wman on 19:13, 01 February 23Hi. I just saw a Youtube video with a game "Shadow Hunter". This looks really nice. Sadly there is no cpr file on the page, only sna, cdt and dsk. Do you think it might be possible to convert this? It seems that it does not use any special buttons.

I will never understand this habit of asking to press a key to tell to the game that you want to play with a joystick. It's a complete nonsense but it's like it wouldn't be possible to make differently. It would be so simple to press space to start the game using keyboard and to press fire to start the game playing with a joystick

Nevertheless, this game would need to patch the options to start game... just because of this sad habit.

GUNHED

Yeah, that would be AI (of the programmer  ;))
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

iXien

Here it is, after weeks of hard labor, @dragon just finished his huge work on patching :

LA ABADIA DEL CRIMEN / THE ABBEY OF CRIME from Opera Soft

Now the game offers :
    - Spanish and English languages
    - All the game content available on a 64K RAM system (originally requiring 128K) taking part of the cartridge.
    - A new save system (including a savestate in RAM for GX4000)
    - Full joypad controls
    - New title screen using Plus colour palette
    - New ingame tints using Plus colour palette
    - Accelerated parchment writing in intro/outro
    - New ingame functions and enigma adapted to joypad.
    - Pokes...
    - ...and many little adjustments and bug fixes

A very impressive and unexpected way to discover this Spanish monument for all English speaking people.

You'll find in the archive usual CPR files offering all options available in menus, but not only. Separate CPR permit to purists to launch their favorite version, in Spanish or English, using standard CPC colours or offering new Plus colours. Also, you'll find PDF files to learn everything about the game and its new adjustments, not forgetting C4CPC users with a TXT file directly readable on real hardware.

Have a nice evening everyone.