News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 09:08, 08 May 15
Press fire instead of C - POKE &459,&67

If I choose joystick in winape then Fire 2 = jump not joystick up. Is it a bug in the game or winape key map
or should it be like that ?

How Does it work on real cpc's ?
many thanks, any chance you can provide a modified dsk, with that included.

On real cpc's button 2 is jump. This works on the gx4000 as well.

Thanks
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:07, 08 May 15
Just did another  :) This time it's " Wizball "

I'm a bit confused with this one, Instruction say: " Pressing the SPACE BAR selects the feature represented on the glowing Icon at top of screen. " even when I used the original disk this did not work, maybe it's a Winape emulator bug, no idea.  ???

Anyway it should work fine as Waggling left and right does this too. So you might want to use a Joystick.  ;D

I've uploaded it to the Converted GX4000 games page this time.

Space has never worked on Wizball. Hence it's joystick waggling. In this case, it would be best to avoid using a pad :D

By the way, did you take a version of Wizball which fixed the corruption at some point of the game (making it virtually unplayable)?
Brain Radioactivity

McKlain

Quote from: CraigsBar on 09:06, 08 May 15
excellent, thanks.
I'll upload it tonight unless anyone else gets there first.

The file is already uploaded on the wiki, but as I can't edit the page...

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Special:ListFiles

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 09:17, 08 May 15
Space has never worked on Wizball. Hence it's joystick waggling. In this case, it would be best to avoid using a pad :D

By the way, did you take a version of Wizball which fixed the corruption at some point of the game (making it virtually unplayable)?

Thought the Space bar might have been wrong in the instructions, thinking about it, I remember having to waggle back in the day  :)

I didn't know of any Wizball corruption, I've made it from the only version that I could find without trainers or intros that needed keyboard to get past as I don't know enough to remove them,  I used the CRACKPONX version from CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 WIZBALL (c) OCEAN

The latest version from CNGSOFT looks nice, it has a new loading screen but it has a trainer at the start which needs the keyboard, maybe this can be removed or bypassed, no idea if this version has the corruption you mentioned.

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 11:26, 08 May 15
Thought the Space bar might have been wrong in the instructions, thinking about it, I remember having to waggle back in the day  :)

I didn't know of any Wizball corruption, I've made it from the only version that I could find without trainers or intros that needed keyboard to get past as I don't know enough to remove them,  I used the CRACKPONX version from CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 WIZBALL (c) OCEAN

There is a stack overflow at some point in the game, near the end that make the background (of level 6 if i remember well) all corrupted, and sadly Wizball interract with the background. Hence, it's really difficult to finish the game, as you have to go to level 6 only when you are 100% sure that you will go to hyperspace at the exact moment you enter it.

With save states, its finishable, but without it, only one mistake, and your screwed.

The fix is here : http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=1670

at the end of the page, i don't know if it would work with the version you took.

The latest version from CNGSOFT looks nice, it has a new loading screen but it has a trainer at the start which needs the keyboard, maybe this can be removed or bypassed, no idea if this version has the corruption you mentioned.

CNG Version has the fix : "stack overflow fix by Crackers Velus and Kukulcan". But yes, it has to be fixed for the trainer  :(
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Cngsofts trainers are becoming a problem.

remax

Quote from: McKlain on 09:32, 08 May 15

The file is already uploaded on the wiki, but as I can't edit the page...

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Special:ListFiles

Done

Kung Fu Master updated, it works very well, thanks !

IK+ has 2 players support, i guess it's the first one of the list.
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Elevator action supports joystick from the begining, but the disc version have a crappy trainer with Y/N. :( ,

Oh, is cngsoft..

And is possible arnoldemu, modify nocart to accept conversion from cdt?.This can avoid part of cngsoft trainers problems.

Lemmings support joytick but needs push 1 to start en the menu.

Jim powers suppot only joystick but he have 2 disk!. :-\

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 11:57, 08 May 15
There is a stack overflow at some point in the game, near the end that make the background (of level 6 if i remember well) all corrupted, and sadly Wizball interract with the background. Hence, it's really difficult to finish the game, as you have to go to level 6 only when you are 100% sure that you will go to hyperspace at the exact moment you enter it.

With save states, its finishable, but without it, only one mistake, and your screwed.

The fix is here : http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=1670

at the end of the page, i don't know if it would work with the version you took.

CNG Version has the fix : "stack overflow fix by Crackers Velus and Kukulcan". But yes, it has to be fixed for the trainer  :(

I had a quick look at the game, with the ascend  to 6 levels cheat on cpc-power, I didn't see any problem, however I had a look at the cart.

I've changed:

POKE &9A46

3A 64 83 FE 00 CA 57 80 = Before

3A 64 83 FE 00 CA CD AA = After

POKE &AAC4

C9 CD E8 9B 18 F1 C3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 = Before

C9 CD E8 9B 18 F1 C3 00 00 31 FE BF C3 57 80 = After

Hopefully, that will sort it?  :)

dragon

why  you have not invited me to the party I have license !.

I kill all you.

Phantomz

Here is another one, this time it's the first Dizzy game  :)

I've converted 5 of the games so far, but they only run with 128k, crash out when I go to run them in 64k  :'(

McKlain

I've made a few carts from Palace Software games, but I haven't been able to test them on my GX4000 yet. They all can be controlled by joystick.

If someone can give them a try and check that they run without problems...

The all come from cracked disks with basic loaders, some of them with trainers. I've removed all the "extras". The Antiriad one is the spanish version.

Gryzor

Quote from: McKlain on 07:57, 08 May 15
I've created an user on the wiki and I've been trying to edit the page, but I can't save the changes.

Here is Small Games for Smart Minds from ESP Soft (2007). It's a compilation of puzzle games and can be played with the joystick. Tested on my GX4000.

Can you tell me why you can't save changes? Do you get any errors?

McKlain

No errors, but nothing happened when I pressed the publish button.

arnoldemu

Quote from: McKlain on 17:28, 08 May 15

Did it ask you the KB question?

If so give the answer, click publish, then click the button at the bottom.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Quote from: dragon on 12:51, 08 May 15

And is possible arnoldemu, modify nocart to accept conversion from cdt?.This can avoid part of cngsoft trainers problems.
Sorry no I can't put a cdt into a cpr.

btw, I will send you a pm about arnold wip.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Phantomz

Quote from: McKlain on 17:20, 08 May 15
I've made a few carts from Palace Software games, but I haven't been able to test them on my GX4000 yet. They all can be controlled by joystick.

The all come from cracked disks with basic loaders, some of them with trainers. I've removed all the "extras". The Antiriad one is the spanish version.

I can only test in emulation, Cauldron one and two seems to load ok. People will need to change Cauldron from crp to cpr at the end, I know it's a typo  :laugh:

3D Tennis does not load, comes up 3DTennis.bas not found.

La Armadura Sagrada De Antiriad (S) (1986) seems to load ok, but when you start playing and push right, it goes back to start screen.  ???

Gryzor

Quote from: McKlain on 17:28, 08 May 15

Ah. Try hitting "Save Page" at the bottom of the text edit field, that should do it!?

gerald

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:46, 08 May 15
I can only test in emulation, Cauldron one and two seems to load ok. People will need to change Cauldron from crp to cpr at the end, I know it's a typo  :laugh:
I did not notice about the extension typo, but it perfectly loads from cprselect  :laugh:

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:12, 08 May 15
Here is another one, this time it's the first Dizzy game  :)

I've converted 5 of the games so far, but they only run with 128k, crash out when I go to run them in 64k  :'(
Hi @Phantomz

Where did you get the source for this DIZZY? I am searching for all Dizzy games with no cracks or trainers to assemble into my multi cart project for GX4000.

Craig

remax

La Armadura Sagrada De Antiriad (S) (1986) seems to load ok, but when you start playing and push right, it goes back to start screen.  ???

On MESS, no such problem.
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 17:20, 08 May 15

OK, Antiriad, Moving right resets the game so I cannot play it. Tennis not working due to the 3dtennis.bas not found error.

remax

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:22, 08 May 15
OK, Antiriad, Moving right resets the game so I cannot play it. Tennis not working due to the 3dtennis.bas not found error.

On a real GX4000?
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Yep same here under OSX Arnold emulation and GX4000.

There is a fixed version here: [size=78%]http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=143[/size]

But needless to say, its got a Y/N trainer

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!

CraigsBar