News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

onofrix

enkonsierto

dragon

operation wolf done
Too bad nobody has patched it to run with plus gun.

It need redefine the keys first,if you want locate the default keys phantom put a breakpoint in 1fD1 There the options 2 begins the next 3 calls.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 15:24, 21 September 15
operation wolf done
Too bad nobody has patched it to run with plus gun.

It need redefine the keys first,if you want locate the default keys phantom put a breakpoint in 1fD1 There the options 2 begins the next 3 calls.

Wow that was quick  ;)

I've only tried it with emulation, but I don't think that version likes nocart, the first level doesn't start with winape and it just resets in mess emulator.

dragon

I think maybe  is the hemol patch, because the dsk reset in the arnold emulator but in the menu :D.

Phantomz

@dragon
Any chance you could help me finish the Nicholas CAMPBELL version ?

I've converted the game to cpr, I've sorted out all the trainer, I just can't seem to find the menu buttons, these need mapping to the controller buttons 1 and 2 then the game is done.  ;)

Trainer = 1 for Yes , 2 for No
Level Select: Fire 1 = 1, Up = 2, Left = 3 , Right = 4, Down = 5

I've just completed the game on my plus machine so all works ok  ;)

dragon

If is the same the hemol version you  need:

menu key.
--------------
go to 1fda: changue The LD A(#3ffe) to 3fff

1fed->changue the and x to and 10.
1fe3->change the and x to and 20

esc key ingame to pause in gx4000.
----------------------------------------------
2221->Chngue the ld A,(#3fxx) to 3ff9

2224->changue and X to and 08

The explanation is:
-----------------------------

behind the and comes a bifurcation. Is activated by the flag z.

The flag z is activated by the and, when A and number = cero. flag z is set.

To made a and b cero to the key you want. Yo need find the oposite number to the hex code of your key. Example with windows

calculator  example FB=11111011(in binary) oposite:00000100=4  A(FB and 4=0) flag active jump with your key.

The ld line is the keyboard matrix line in memory. line 00-09: Programming:Keyboard scanning - CPCWiki

where 3fff is the joystick line, and 3ff9 is line 03(p key).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 18:31, 21 September 15
If is the same the hemol version you  need:

menu key.
--------------
go to 1fda: changue The LD A(#3ffe) to 3fff

1fed->changue the and x to and 10.
1fe3->change the and x to and 20

esc key ingame to pause in gx4000.
----------------------------------------------
2221->Chngue the ld A,(#3fxx) to 3ff9

2224->changue and X to and 08

The explanation is:
-----------------------------

behind the and comes a bifurcation. Is activated by the flag z.

The flag z is activated by the and, when A and number = cero. flag z is set.

To made a and b cero to the key you want. Yo need find the oposite number to the hex code of your key. Example with windows

calculator  example FB=11111011(in binary) oposite:00000100=4  A(FB and 4=0) flag active jump with your key.

The ld line is the keyboard matrix line in memory. line 00-09: Programming:Keyboard scanning - CPCWiki

where 3fff is the joystick line, and 3ff9 is line 03(p key).

Thanks for the advice, I can do the changes in the winape debugger, but can't find them in the cpr in a hex editor.

For example, I need to change 18 3A FE 3F E6 04 to 18 3A F9 3F E6 08 for the pause button to work.

The version I have done is compressed so will need to look for another version, that isn't.

I just tested everything on the original disc and everything works fine but we can't use that with nocart  :'(

dragon

Maybe in amstrad spanish ftp can have another version. let me take a look.

Ahaha motherboard spanish server is broken XDDDDDDD.

cpcrulez? many to try.

CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 OPERATION WOLF (c) OCEAN

I think the aldoreset can work but not trainer :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 19:34, 21 September 15
Maybe in amstrad spanish ftp can have another version. let me take a look.

Ahaha motherboard spanish server is broken XDDDDDDD.

cpcrulez? many to try.

CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 OPERATION WOLF (c) OCEAN

I think the aldoreset can work but not trainer :).

I can't seem to find a version that works, they either are compressed, or not supported in nocart due to protected tracks on the disc.  :'(

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:02, 21 September 15
I can't seem to find a version that works, they either are compressed, or not supported in nocart due to protected tracks on the disc.  :'(

Thats because the hacker was bum, he desactive the copy protection, but he leave it phisically in disk. I remember is the case in the micky mouse.

In these case try this:

Open a new dsk with cpc disk editor( CPCDiskXP - Escribe y lee discos del Amstrad CPC desde un PC )  and push the button add files from another dsk. Select the hacked dsk with the copy protection. Select all files and put all in your dsk.

Now try your new dsk in winape.if it works its o.k and without the phisically copy protection.

This is the aldoreset version in new dsk.

Phantomz

@dragon

I just can't seem to find a copy that will work, if they are compressed we can't change the keys, if the disc is protected we can't use.

When I have managed to change the keys with a hex editor, the game will not load the first level like on your plus version, does the game have Direct access to disc for loading ?

I think it might as the drive light on my keyboard is flashing when it tries to load in emulation.

I used the disc you posted above and remapped the keys, we have the same problem as the plus version.  ???

dragon

Nope,are anticopy  and complicated cracks(the new dsk not work :( ) don't work well with noscart.

Plan B: When all fails take a look at the compilation comercial disk.

micro club : cabal, operation wolf &copy micro club (1991)

solved (at least in emulator).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 22:44, 21 September 15
Nope,are anticopy  and complicated cracks(the new dsk not work :( ) don't work well with noscart.

Plan B: When all fails take a look at the compilation comercial disk.

micro club : cabal, operation wolf &copy micro club (1991)

solved (at least in emulator).

I tried that disc too, it will not work as a cpr, this is why I believe operation wolf uses Direct access to disc for loading which nocart doesn't support.  ???

dragon

But you are speaking in emulator or real hardware?., because it works in my winape.

In real hardware is easy to chek, Put the cpr in 6128 plus, and the dsk in the fdd, if it loads the game from the fdd and works he have direct access.

Ahhh o.k o.k I know why i was wrong. I have the dsk into winape at the same time of cartridge, thats because it works for me . Yeah it have direct acess sure. You are right.

well,another game to the wall of failed hakings because direct access fdd  :).

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 23:49, 21 September 15
Yeah it have direct acess sure. You are right.

well,another game to the wall of failed hakings because direct access fdd  :).

Well at least we gave it a good go, we can only work with what's available to us, this is why it's hard to do some games people want, it's not just a case of remapping keys.

I've uploaded the disks here with the menu keys remapped to the joypad and the pause button mapped, as someone on here might be able to crack the game so it doesn't need direct disc acess, it's possible because the version I did with the trainer works fine, we just can't remap the keys due to compression.  :doh:

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 13:34, 22 September 15
Well at least we gave it a good go, we can only work with what's available to us, this is why it's hard to do some games people want, it's not just a case of remapping keys.

I've uploaded the disks here with the menu keys remapped to the joypad and the pause button mapped, as someone on here might be able to crack the game so it doesn't need direct disc acess, it's possible because the version I did with the trainer works fine, we just can't remap the keys due to compression.  :doh:

I've included the original version of the game and the plus patched version.

Dedicated for you phantomz. :D

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 19:32, 22 September 15

Dedicated for you phantomz. :D

:D You Crazy Fool!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The game dragon has posted above is " The A Team " for people that want it.  :D

Here is another game from myself, it's not great but another game for the gx4000 at the end of the day.

It's " Road Blasters " I can't change the onscreen text due to compression.

But the trainer works, button 1 and 2 for option 1 and 2, option 3 works with the Pause button on the console.

remax

Done. Didn't saw you already update Sorcery, so uploaded it again...
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 19:30, 24 September 15
Done. Didn't saw you already update Sorcery, so uploaded it again...

Thanks, sorry I forgot to say I uploaded the updated version of Sorcery with a Trainer.  ::)

I also updated " Airwolf " with a version with a Trainer.  :D

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:38, 24 September 15
Thanks, sorry I forgot to say I uploaded the updated version of Sorcery with a Trainer.  ::)

Yeah, please tell it, as i would forgot to update the full set if you don't (i don't redownload everything each time i make a full set).
Brain Radioactivity

seanb

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:38, 24 September 15

If ever a game needs a trainer its Airwolf
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

Quote from: seanb on 20:50, 24 September 15

If ever a game needs a trainer its Airwolf

Not sure if it's much use, the game is stupidly hard.  :o

I've also done " Leaderboard " and " Leaderboard Tournament ".  :D

Phantomz

Just done another, this one is " Winter Games ".  :)

Joypad 2 Button 1 = Move through the options
Joypad 2 Button 2 = Select option

Joypad 2 Dpad select number of players 1 = Up, 2 = Left, 3 = Right, 4 = Down

To enter your name/s, you can press the console pause button for p then the joypad 2 dpad for number,
then Enter with joypad 2 Button 2, So you could enter names as p1, p2, p3, p4 etc if you wish.

Dan Hero

I've been away for a few weeks and now I found Renegade? Brilliant, and awesome control scheme too, I actually prefer the nunchuck one over the classic joystick + keyboard. Thank you guys, one more time, you are awesome!
Tricky Op. Wolf, but never say never! Please consider Beyond the Ice Palace for the future (it's really awesome on Amstrad, colourful sprites and explosions, puts the c64 version to shame) and thank you one more time! Now, time to play Renegade 'till tomorrow  :D