News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantomz

@dragon

Quote from: dragon on 18:24, 16 September 15
Renegade:gx4000 nuchuk version.

How to play:

Take pad 1.(pad left in gx4000). Put the game pad in VERTICAL with the wire looking to the right an put he in your left hand.
Take pad 2.(pad right in gx4000).Put the game pad in VERTICAL with the wire looking to the right and put he in your right hand.

Left hand: up down left rigth 1=esc key(pause un pause,abandon selec music/fx). Right hand up=jump left=punch right= kick(lookin pads in vertical).

Renegade 3 button fit in gx4000 mission completed.

Any chance you could do a version with pad 2 the other way around so the wire is on the left and not the right.

I find the wire on the right in the right hand a bit uncomfortable, maybe it's just me ?  ::)

We could have both versions in the rar and people could use whichever they find better then.  ;)

Cheers  :D

dragon

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:54, 27 September 15
@dragon

Any chance you could do a version with pad 2 the other way around so the wire is on the left and not the right.

I find the wire on the right in the right hand a bit uncomfortable, maybe it's just me ?  ::)

We could have both versions in the rar and people could use whichever they find better then.  ;)

Cheers  :D

Yes i can, the problem is if you put the pad in the other direction the cross is  down in the pad. i'm not sure if it more confortable or less confortable :D .

Here is all posibilitys: Digital Joystick Related - CPCWiki
"
Nunchakus technique As said above, it is possible to achieve 8 buttons control (directionnal+4 or 2xdirectionnal...even more) with a pseudo Nintendo WII feeling by using 2 paddles, one for each hand.
If the game allows to redefine controls and the use of 2 joysticks, then you use :

• left hand as directional one, using an amstrad paddle turned 90° Clockwise.
Left = Up
Right = Down
Up = Right
down = left
(using your thumb)

• Right Hand as firing one (direction+2 buttons), with a second paddle turned 90° Counterclockwise :Access to fire 1 and 2 with the thumb.
By this mean, the cables don't mess with your hands... Also it is a nice way to deal with the "shitty" Amstrad Plus controllers size/quality. Yet this works only with 1 player games and/or need a custom connecting cable/box, a "reversed Y-cable", or even the game to allow a proper "redefine controls" option.

• Right hand easily achieve a 4 fire button config by using directional pad from the 2nd joypad (one for each thumb yet the cable would be a nuisance)

• or a fixed Joystick (any hand, directions) + a paddle (other hand, fires) may be fine too..."
And this is my personal table to changue  the buttons in the game:
"

03BB=08->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0048(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03BC=04 escape en teoria puede que se use en otro estado pausa o algo asi.
03BD=01->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0041(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03BE=01 Flecha izquierda.
03BF=00->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0040(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03C0=02 Flecha derecha.
03C1=00->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0040(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03C2=04 Flecha abajo.
03C3=07->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0047(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03C4=08 tecla w
03C5=05->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0045(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03C6=80 espacio.
03C7=08->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0048(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03C8=20 tecla a
03C9=07->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0047(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03CA=20 tecla D
03CB=08->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0048(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03CC=04 tecla escape.
03CD=01->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0041(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03CE=80 F0
03CF=00->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0040(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03D0=40 Enter(panel de las f).
03D1=00->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0040(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03D2=80 .(panel de las f)
03D3=09->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0049(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03D4=01 ¿arriba?
03D5=09->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0049(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03D6=02 ¿abajo?
03D7=09->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0049(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03D8=04 ¿iaquierda?
03D9=09->se usa para formar la direccion HL=0049(donde se guarda la lectura del teclado).Esta se compara (and) con el contenido en 03DA=08 ¿derecha?

"
First number= line keyboard.(00-09=&40-&49) Last number line key board cell.    80  40  20  10   08  04  02 01

ignore the middle number.

Programming:Keyboard scanning - CPCWiki

Phantomz

@dragon

Thanks for all the information above, most of this stuff is still above my head, but I do what I can.  ;)

I believe I have changed everything I needed too ? It seems to work how I wanted it to, with both wires facing inwards.

I haven't added it to the rar on the wiki page yet as you might want to check it out, like I said, I think it works fine.  :)

Renegade:gx4000 nuchuk version v2.

How to play:

Take pad 1.(pad left in gx4000). Put the game pad in VERTICAL with the wire looking to the right an put in your left hand.
Take pad 2.(pad right in gx4000).Put the game pad in VERTICAL with the wire looking to the left and put in your right hand.

Left hand: up down left rigth 1=esc key(pause un pause,abandon selec music/fx). Right hand up=jump left=punch right= kick(lookin pads in vertical).

dragon

You can changue the blood form if you want, i know where is the code that patched the green blood to red blood. :).

dragon

Taking a little look at turtles 1. it take long, i need play the game to  level 2 :D. many keys,

At the moment the menu is in 0C82.
----

In game the S key is in 5D1E
In game the H key is in C7CE
In game The return key  is in 1041
In game the shift key is in EEFB with the cheat keys around.
In game the  Q key when paused is in C7D7.

And now i need go to level 2 to view shift key in game lol.

Phantomz

Quote from: dragon on 16:35, 30 September 15
Taking a little look at turtles 1. it take long, i need play the game to  level 2 :D. many keys,

----

Nice work so far dragon  8) you can do it  ;)

chinnyhill10

Just tried to play the CPR version of Pacmania that came on my CPC4 cart, and as soon as you start the game itself the tape relay inside the CPC starts clicking like mad! Anyone tested it on a 464 Plus or is it just mine?
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CraigsBar

2 seconds and I'll check!

Edit: yep, checked my 464plus and 6128plus with tape mod both do it too. Same with hero quest. Used as a drum beat I guess :(
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 22:39, 01 October 15
Just tried to play the CPR version of Pacmania that came on my CPC4 cart, and as soon as you start the game itself the tape relay inside the CPC starts clicking like mad! Anyone tested it on a 464 Plus or is it just mine?

The game is up on the GX4000 page as was tested working on a GX4000 ;) I guess all the games are just being put on the sd card, and people will expect them to work, we had a problem not to long back with another game not working on plus machines but runs fine on the gx4000, I think it was " Who Dares Win 2 ".

Maybe the games that are converted with nocart should be put in a gx4000 folder on the sd card, as it looks like it's hit or miss if they will work on the plus machines.  ::)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:10, 02 October 15
The game is up on the GX4000 page as was tested working on a GX4000 ;) I guess all the games are just being put on the sd card, and people will expect them to work, we had a problem not to long back with another game not working on plus machines but runs fine on the gx4000, I think it was " Who Dares Win 2 ".

Maybe the games that are converted with nocart should be put in a gx4000 folder on the sd card, as it looks like it's hit or miss if they will work on the plus machines.  ::)

The thing is, they are easy to access and use if they are on an SD card. Quicker than floppy or tape (and an HxC won't work on a 464 Plus). So might be worth checking if they work on a Plus as well because I certainly found the provided games useful. Can only be a simple issue surely?
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

dragon

The relay controls the motor. Maybe is continuosly start/stop the tape.

The first is check if he is using the firmware calls. Put a breakpoint in BC6E and BC71. And view if it stops and use it.

If not, the start stop tape is controled by the ppi. I not know if the relay status can be chek in emulator. I don't have a plus with tape.

Phantomz

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 00:48, 02 October 15

The thing is, they are easy to access and use if they are on an SD card. Quicker than floppy or tape (and an HxC won't work on a 464 Plus). So might be worth checking if they work on a Plus as well because I certainly found the provided games useful. Can only be a simple issue surely?

To be honest I have no idea why some games don't work on the plus machines, I can only convert the disks to cprs with what's available.

Maybe it's down to the software we use to convert the games or even the disk, bad cracks? I have no idea.

We always test before we upload them to the GX4000 page like I said, so they are working like they should be to that degree.

I've totally redone " Pac-Mania " with a different disk / crack, maybe this one will work, I know it does for the GX4000 as I've fully tested it and uploaded it to the wiki page.  :)

I've remapped the controls as follows.....

Joypad Button 1 to start game, Pause Button on Menu Screen for High Scores
Joypad Button 2 Music on / off, on menu screen or ingame
Pause Button to Pause / Unpause.

onofrix

Quote from: dragon on 16:35, 30 September 15
Taking a little look at turtles 1. it take long, i need play the game to  level 2 :D . many keys,

----

wow! that's cool! thanks a lot!:D

Phantomz

@McKlain

Quote from: McKlain on 19:48, 25 May 15
Have any of you tested Who Dares Wins 2 on a real machine? I tried it today on my 6128 plus and it didn't work. It loaded the intro screen twice and then crashed.

I've had another look at this, I've converted another version, it now works on the GX4000 and the 6128 plus, no idea on the 464 plus as I haven't got one to test it on.

The new version has the added bonus of also having a trainer.

Phantomz

@chinnyhill10 or @CraigsBar

Did the new version of " Pac-Mania " sort out the problem on the 464 plus?

CraigsBar

I've not tested, I've been busy with the a600. Will test after england get dumped out of the world cup tonight.

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:47, 03 October 15
I've not tested, I've been busy with the a600. Will test after england get dumped out of the world cup tonight.

Ok, cheers   :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:26, 03 October 15
Ok, cheers   :)

yes the new cart image does the exact same thing. As does the original |CPM to run disc from CPC-power.

Tested the original disc on my 6128 as well for completeness, no relay click on the older machines, just the new ones. Wierd.

Craig

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:15, 03 October 15

yes the new cart image does the exact same thing. As does the original |CPM to run disc from CPC-power.

Tested the original disc on my 6128 as well for completeness, no relay click on the older machines, just the new ones. Wierd.

Craig

Thanks for checking  :)

Shame it's still doing it on the 464 plus, guess the game just doesn't like it, not if the original is doing it too.  ::)

At least the new cart still works on the GX4000, and the new version has the buttons remapped as the last version didn't due to it being a cngsoft compressed version.

gerald

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:15, 03 October 15

Craig
Maybe related to PPI implementation in ASIC.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:42, 03 October 15
@chinnyhill10 or @CraigsBar

Did the new version of " Pac-Mania " sort out the problem on the 464 plus?

Sorry, didn't get chance. Spent all of yesterday burning my fingers and swearing at a SCART connector. Will give it a go tonight.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

dragon

Quote from: gerald on 09:50, 04 October 15
Maybe related to PPI implementation in ASIC.

Yep, a very good posibility, anyway only to thiscard things, you can try the dsk with  the especial cartridge firmware contains the downgrade to the os v3 to of the old cpc.

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 11:22, 04 October 15
Yep, a very good posibility, anyway only to thiscard things, you can try the dsk with  the especial cartridge firmware contains the downgrade to the os v3 to of the old cpc.
Just tested with my "Classic OS" cart image in the c4cpc. The clicking is still present, so not that I guess.

CraigsBar

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 09:52, 04 October 15

Sorry, didn't get chance. Spent all of yesterday burning my fingers and swearing at a SCART connector. Will give it a go tonight.
OK, well in that case here is a recording of the Hero Quest main tune with "click percussion" clearly intentional in this case, but oddly it only happens on plus machines with a relay.

Craig

arnoldemu

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:24, 04 October 15
OK, well in that case here is a recording of the Hero Quest main tune with "click percussion" clearly intentional in this case, but oddly it only happens on plus machines with a relay.

Craig
Maybe the relay or ppi transition is quicker? I think I looked at this and the time between changes is very short, perhaps the old computers or real ppi take a bit longer to switch. Or perhaps they don't have the drive to make it click in the time between i/o writes.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource