News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Le Dernier Serment (The Last Oath)

Started by Jean-Marie, 20:31, 16 March 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Orko Ready

Quote from: Jean-Marie on 10:17, 07 April 24D'accord merci. Il ne reste plus que le 3ème à trouver ! Je dois y réfléchir 🤔
Well done! I found endings 2 and 3, if you think carefully ending 3 is easy to find. ;)

jesusdelmas

Quote from: Orko Ready on 21:14, 07 April 24
Quote from: Jean-Marie on 10:17, 07 April 24D'accord merci. Il ne reste plus que le 3ème à trouver ! Je dois y réfléchir 🤔
Well done! I found endings 2 and 3, if you think carefully ending 3 is easy to find. ;)
I really want the english or spanish? Version hehehe

Targhan

Quote from: Narkhos on 20:42, 06 April 24I published a new version with the patch (version 0.8.1). If you give it a try, let me know if it works for you :)
Sadly, it still doesn't work. I can see that I can enter Basic commands when the game stops. I try to change the inks to see what could be the error message but it doesn't work :). Ink 1,26, mode 1, I cannot even see the Basic text. What trick did you use to hide the prompt? :)
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Narkhos

Quote from: Targhan on 09:54, 09 April 24What trick did you use to hide the prompt?
I didn't use any trick ;D . I'm loading a custom charset from a file, so maybe it messes up the charset if it does not load properly?

Do you know on which rom your amsdos is loaded? I saw on unidos installation webpage that it could be on rom 7 but that it is recommanded to put it on rom 15. I assume it depends on the rom card you use.

If you know the rom, I can compile a version with your specific configuration in mind to see if it works.

But maybe the physical rom board can't work properly if we load only amsdos rom.

Targhan

Unidos is ROM 7, with the M4 Board node in ROM 8.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Targhan

I played it on an emulator, couldn't resist :).

So far it's a great game. My problem is that I cannot "reset" the cauldron. I try to make the old man sleep, but after making the invisibility potion, I'm unable to perform it again, or any other. I try stirring the waters, waiting, turning on and off the oven, but it always takes strange colors :). What am I missing?

Thanks!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Narkhos

Quote from: Targhan on 18:30, 09 April 24Unidos is ROM 7, with the M4 Board node in ROM 8.
I really don't understand why it does not work. Unidos doc says it is compatible with amsdos, so it should behave identically. I still investigate but I don't have any way to simulate your exact issue on emulator :(

Quote from: Targhan on 16:47, 11 April 24I played it on an emulator, couldn't resist :).

So far it's a great game. My problem is that I cannot "reset" the cauldron. I try to make the old man sleep, but after making the invisibility potion, I'm unable to perform it again, or any other. I try stirring the waters, waiting, turning on and off the oven, but it always takes strange colors :). What am I missing?

Thanks!
The first recipe in the book gives an hint on this ;)
The verb you need is "attendre" when the fire is turned on. You have to wait until the water become white, then turn off and wait it cools down to blue

Edit: The liquid have 5 levels of temperature, so you have to wait several time until the temperature reach the "white" state to reset the recipe

Targhan

Damn, I must be stupid. I don't understand the "transpose" thing. From the first example to its transposée, I see that "salt" becomes "berry" and "berry" becomes "pepper". So I change the "stimulant" recipe according to these rules (only the first one applies), but it doesn't work :(.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Jean-Marie

From the first example, Step 1 becomes Step 3 when transposed. And Step 3 becomes Step 1.
But there's a catch : you must use pepper instead of salt !

Narkhos

Quote from: Targhan on 22:54, 11 April 24Damn, I must be stupid. I don't understand the "transpose" thing. From the first example to its transposée, I see that "salt" becomes "berry" and "berry" becomes "pepper". So I change the "stimulant" recipe according to these rules (only the first one applies), but it doesn't work :(.

To transpose, just replace salt by pepper then change the order so pepper take place of berry in the recipe and berry take place of the seasonning.

Here is the soporific recipe with this process :
Spoiler: ShowHide

- jaune : menthe
- orange : poivre
- jaune : mélanger

Targhan

Thank you both, I've manage to continue the game. I've found two "endings" ("tuer le créateur" and "tuer Nahash"), none being particularly positive :). I'm a bit stuck as to what to do now, but I'll try!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Jean-Marie

Have you found the poker (tisonnier)? It has a special use...
Also, have a close look at  the left wall here :

Narkhos

Quote from: Targhan on 18:30, 09 April 24Unidos is ROM 7, with the M4 Board node in ROM 8.
I finally managed to get unidos to work on an emulator. I think I've fixed the problem.
I've released a new version with the fix (v0.8.4). If you get a chance to test with your configuration, I'd really like to know if everything is now working properly on your machine :)